Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-30-2005   #1
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP
Default Current Texans gone in 2006?

Ten players I could see gone by beginning of 2006 season.
1.Wong: Move to OLB last year was to get sacks. Had a good season but I worry about him @ inside.2005 is last year of contract.
2.Joppru: Better start out strong or may end up on bench this year.
3.Dommanick Davis: Yes, I agree he is 1k yds but if Benson drops to us, we pick him. I hope I'm wrong but can't see DD coming back for back up or even if no Benson, I think he will want BIG BUCKS.
4.Mark Breuner: he is 33 yoa this Sept.Needs a Pro bowl 2005.
5.Aaron Glenn: had to think on this a while but age is going to be a factor. He might agree to less money and less of a role after this year.
6.Tony Hollings: Ah, I had such high hopes. Oh well.
7.Billy Miller: Love this guy but where was he last year? I just do not see him getting many catches this season either.
8.JJ Moses: Hope he explodes this season but probably my wishfull thinking.
9.Marcus Spears: This OT will be 35 for '06.
10.Jonathan Wells:Needs one heck of a 2005. If Benson is a Texan, Wells must hope DD misses a few.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 329528 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Wong moved to OLB when he came here so he has played it three years now.

No matter who they draft, the only way DD is gone is if the Texans get an extra 1st round draft pick because he will be a RFA after this season and they will at least mid round tender him.

Spears isn't on the Texans for this season right now--he is an UFA.
Old 03-30-2005   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

If DD has a solid season again and remains healthy, he will be here for a very long time.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #4
TigerBait
Veteran

If we can any way to upgrade the center/gaurd position in the draft, then i think McKinney will be on that list.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i can see mckinney beign gone and if D.D has a solid year he will get a nice contract from us. i have a feeling this will also be glenns last year with us.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #6
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on how the O line protects Carr this season, I could see McKinney and maybe one or two more linemen being gone...
Old 03-30-2005   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

personally i say we get a good OL out of the draft this season, so we can start to mold him into what we want him to be, and pick up a few OL out of next seasons FA market, only IF our O-Line doesnt show major improvment this season !
Sponsored links
Old 03-30-2005   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I say if the O line doesn't improve this season the FO should consider overhauling the entire offensive line...
Old 03-30-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I say if the O line doesn't improve this season the FO should consider overhauling the entire offensive line...

yeah i agree, but they seemed to be playing alot better over the second half of the season, i'm not gonna give up hope on them just yet, but if we have a repeat in the first 3 games of next season, yall will be seeing a bunch of (fire) threads from me !
Old 03-30-2005   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

I am not giving up on them either, but the way the last three seasons have gone, if the O line keeps up that kind of play, it could end up cutting Carr's career short...
Old 03-30-2005   #11
Rosusu
All Pro

Did you watch the Browns game? They looked horrible! Carr had about 2 seconds to throw the ball before he got sacked.
Old 03-30-2005   #12
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Did you watch the Browns game? They looked horrible! Carr had about 2 seconds to throw the ball before he got sacked.
That was the game where Davis ran for like 150 yards, give or take a few...which is what scares me, the Falcons run the zone blocking scheme, and last season they had the most productive running game in the NFL and the worst passing game in the NFL...and yes I know, it COULD be partly because of Michael Vick's ability to run the ball and his INability as a QB.....and I was wrong Davis had 103 yards on 17 carries, which averages out to just over 6 yards a carry, which is pretty darn good...

Last edited by texan279; 03-30-2005 at 06:35 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

yeha the browns game was a bad game, but the whole team played bad that day, atleast Davis got a 101 yrds !!!! But if we have many Browns game repeats i will be calling for heads. And ur right Texan279 he has gotten knocked around his whole career, it makes ya wonder how much more of it he can take !
Old 03-30-2005   #14
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

If DD has another good year, and he probably will have his best year yet, then he will ask for more money,and he will deserve it. If he gets over 1200 rushing yards and 500 receiving, then that will be great. And who will play RB if we get rid of DD Wells and Hollings, I dont think we have a very good chance of landing CB.
Old 03-30-2005   #15
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
If DD has another good year, and he probably will have his best year yet, then he will ask for more money,and he will deserve it. If he gets over 1200 rushing yards and 500 receiving, then that will be great. And who will play RB if we get rid of DD Wells and Hollings, I dont think we have a very good chance of landing CB
I agree we should keep DD and Wells, Hollings IMO is a different story. Replacing him would be easy, and he has never really imporessed me when he has been healthy, but I think Hollings main problem is his being injured all of the time.
Old 03-30-2005   #16
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

personally i think we should let carrol dawson come in and go crazy on our o-line.
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #17
TigerBait
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
personally i think we should let carrol dawson come in and go crazy on our o-line.
Or Lets put T-Mac at receiver, a 6-8 burner? mabye not.
TigerBait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #18
DRIFTAWAY
All Pro

well c.d. overhauled a whole b-ball team, im sure he could overhaul a lousy o-line. and as for t-mac at reciever, he does have good hands...
DRIFTAWAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #19
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFTAWAY
well c.d. overhauled a whole b-ball team, im sure he could overhaul a lousy o-line. and as for t-mac at reciever, he does have good hands...
Not to mention that he has killer hops, he would be catching alley-oops from Carr all day.
Old 03-30-2005   #20
Panther5407
All Pro

Matt Stevens will be gone, o wait, nevermind.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read