Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-04-2010   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Picks on the Chargers game

Just for grins, and because I'm getting tired of arguing about Kubiak and what the hell's wrong with the Texans, let's look at who's picking who for this Sunday.

I'll start with ESPN's page of "Expert Picks". They got five picking us and five picking the Chargers. Wow. Does "500" ring a bell with Texans fans? LOL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: Picks on the Chargers game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Just for grins, and because I'm getting tired of arguing about Kubiak and what the hell's wrong with the Texans, let's look at who's picking who for this Sunday.

I'll start with ESPN's page of "Expert Picks". They got five picking us and five picking the Chargers. Wow. Does "500" ring a bell with Texans fans? LOL

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/pickem

Myself personally I have us winning. If Indy was a win, i'd chalk up an L.
Old 11-04-2010   #3
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I want to say 20 to 10..Chargers win, but since our defense gives up more points per game on average I will say 24 to 14 Chargers
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #4
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the same Chargeres team that hasn't won on the road yet this year, the same chargers team that lost TO THE RAMS, TO THE SEAHAWKS...we still have a shot at this!

Everyone stop freaking out!
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
This is the same Chargeres team that hasn't won on the road yet this year, the same chargers team that lost TO THE RAMS, TO THE SEAHAWKS...we still have a shot at this!

Knowing our luck and history (to include the Oilers), this game has FAIL written all over it! FML!
Old 11-04-2010   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post

Sounds like the perfect storm for a Texans lost.

Dallas hasn't won a game all year, on the road or at home, yet...well...we all know what happened there...

When things are in the Texans favor, and it seems like it's a good chance for us to finally 'arrive' they always seem to let me down...

I hope you are right Lee...I hope the Texans come out and restore some faith in what they're doing...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Naw.....we win this one and the Bolts begin to disintegrate for this season. It’s likely the Texans are only putting off the inevitable mid-season collapse we’ve all come to expect, but we win this one.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-04-2010   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 34
Chargers 31
Defense stinks up the field....again.
Old 11-04-2010   #9
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

watch Kris Brown kick a 40 yarder for the win....geez wouldn't that be a good kick in the nuts?!
Old 11-04-2010   #10
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

34-24
Texans!
Old 11-04-2010   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

We got to exploit there poor Special Teams and we should win

meaning JJ needs to take a few to that house
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #12
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

For some reason, I feel like this is going to be a trap game. I believe San Diego is a much better team than their 3-5 record indicates. What have they been excelling at? Passing the ball. Yes, Philip Rivers has already thrown for over 2600 along with 15 TD passes and looks to surpass Marino's single season passing yard record. Rivers has been lighting it up and our secondary has been getting lit up. See the problem?

However, the Texans have always been able to rebound after a disheartening lost. The offense, though, needs to step it up a notch to overcome our defensive deficiencies.

I predict the Texans will win this one.

31-28 Texans
Old 11-05-2010   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Knowing our luck and history (to include the Oilers), this game has FAIL written all over it! FML!
And with the Texans defense .... if you can call it that , cause its down right offensive ....

Chargers 37 Texans 17

and continues another week.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #14
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
And with the Texans defense .... if you can call it that , cause its down right offensive ....

Chargers 37 Texans 17

and continues another week.
I'm unfortunately going to have to agree with Corrosion this week, I think we get flogged 35-17 or something of this nature. I think Rivers is gonna have a big day..

Now that being said they could drop every ball in sight like I've seen them do as well and we kick the crap out of them, but I don't want to get my hopes up and then get them crushed.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #15
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Texans 31
Chargers 30

And another balloon causes the power to go out again from the orange lot.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This may be our truly awful game. I'm calling 42-10, with the TD in garbage time.
Old 11-05-2010   #17
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Look out, something I heard on NFL Total Access last night, correct me if I got it wrong.

Chargers-
#1 rated Offense
#1 rated defense
3-0 vs Texans
always start late in the year
just whooped the Titans
have a newly drafted RB that did not want to play for the Texans
Texans are 2-2 at home

yea I know they are only 2-5, but some still pick them to win their division
This is one of those trap games we need to reallt get up for
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #18
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Hou - 30
sdc - 21
Old 11-05-2010   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out my sig. Good enough ain't good enough. Reach for those MFing stars or don't reach at all. I mean if you ain't out there to put a hurtin on someone, WHY TEH F ARE YOU OUT THERE?!?!?!??!!

Goodness gracious I need me some Texans on the other side of an ass whoopin...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #20
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow ! I mean I wanna say the Texans will win and I sure want them to win,
but my sense is that they've definitely regressed since last year, for whatever reasons, some apparent others not so much ?
Last year we were playing right there with anybody (with maybe one exception ) even if we didn't win the game, but this year with the season not even half over we've already been blown-out 3 times vs teams with talent like the Chargers. And 2 of those lop-sided losses were in Houston, so we seem to have no advantage at home in Reliant ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read