Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 11-03-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Need help: Created "Hitler Angry With Kubiak" video...

But Windows Movie Maker won't save it to the web. I used zillatube "try it" version. Is that why? Will it lock down until I pay for it?

The video is awesome. I gotta get it posted to YouTube tonight!
Old 11-03-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Need help: Created "Hitler Angry With Kubiak" video...

Save it on your computer as an .avi, upload it from there.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Save it on your computer as an .avi, upload it from there.
But I spent so much time in Windows Movie Maker...about 3 hours.

So I need to re-rip the original video, as an .avi fle, then take it into iMovie?

Ugghhh....
Old 11-03-2010   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

no, can't you just save it as an .avi?? like, file>save as> save as .avi?
Old 11-03-2010   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Need help: Created "Hitler Angry With Kubiak" video...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
But Windows Movie Maker won't save it to the web. I used zillatube "try it" version. Is that why? Will it lock down until I pay for it?

The video is awesome. I gotta get it posted to YouTube tonight!
Please and thank you
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
no, can't you just save it as an .avi?? like, file>save as> save as .avi?
No can do, not in Windows Movie Maker. It has only one format, and that's the Windows Movie Maker format.

Even when I try to save it to the computer, it stops at 18%. I think Movie Maker is broken.

I am re-doing it in freaking iMovie like I should have done in the first damn place. Screw Microsoft. Why do I always fall for this? I think I can do things on the Windows side of my MacbookPro, but hell no! I end up re-doing things in iMovie or other Mac programs.

!@#$%^!

Gonna' be late tonight before I get it posted. I still crack up at every line on the video I made, and I've seen it over and over for three hours. I have compiled lots of zingers. Nobody is safe.
Old 11-03-2010   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No can do, not in Windows Movie Maker. It has only one format, and that's the Windows Movie Maker format.

Even when I try to save it to the computer, it stops at 18%. I think Movie Maker is broken.

I am re-doing it in freaking iMovie like I should have done in the first damn place. Screw Microsoft. Why do I always fall for this? I think I can do things on the Windows side of my MacbookPro, but hell no! I end up re-doing things in iMovie or other Mac programs.

!@#$%^!

Gonna' be late tonight before I get it posted. I still crack up at every line on the video I made, and I've seen it over and over for three hours. I have compiled lots of zingers. Nobody is safe.
And this, my friends, is why you use linux.

And you should be able to export (or something similar)
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2010   #8
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tapping keyboard, wondering when it gets released
Old 11-03-2010   #9
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

OK, I have re-created my script with all the timing for each subtitle.

Now I have the clip in iMovie.

So it's a matter of slapping the subtitles at the right spots throughout the clip, which is easy since I did the script and the timing already.

Then export to YouTube.

Then I will release a link for you guys to get there.

Estimated time is about 2 hours or less. 11 p.m. or earlier, hopefully.
Old 11-03-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

And I thought it took a long time to encode 3 hours of the '78 Houston/Miami game. lol
Old 11-03-2010   #12
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Need help: Created "Hitler Angry With Kubiak" video...

I'll catch it in the AM, but I am very excited!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I'll catch it in the AM, but I am very excited!
YUP!! Me too! I posted that other one but it was a couple of years old (albeit still sorta relevant).
Old 11-03-2010   #14
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Taps podium
Old 11-03-2010   #15
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

!@#$%^!

If it's not captioned then I'll be safe.
Old 11-03-2010   #16
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
If it's not captioned then I'll be safe.
Oh no, it's captioned...... the parody is in the captions.
Old 11-03-2010   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Oh no, it's captioned...... the parody is in the captions.
Sounds like just the punchline's going to be subtitled.

FYI, I'm not asking for GP to alter his work. Subtitling/captioning is best for me but I am just one person. I wouldn't want anybody to alter their vision and possibly diminish the punchline. Easy enough for me to ask somebody (and I WILL be asking) to transcribe.
Old 11-03-2010   #18
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Sounds like just the punchline's going to be subtitled.

FYI, I'm not asking for GP to alter his work. Subtitling/captioning is best for me but I am just one person. I wouldn't want anybody to alter their vision and possibly diminish the punchline. Easy enough for me to ask somebody (and I WILL be asking) to transcribe.
Oh no.... the speech is all in German, and the subtitles are what the whole joke is.

Youtube "Hitler parodies", you'll get it.
Old 11-03-2010   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Oh no.... the speech is all in German, and the subtitles are what the whole joke is.

Youtube "Hitler parodies", you'll get it.
I get those just fine. Those will work.
Old 11-03-2010   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

So I am screwed on this deal.

Very irritated right now.

I have movie maker 5.1 on xp pro operating system. I finally got the "export to web" feature to work, and guess what?!?!? The only two places you can "export to the web" are two outdated nonexistent video hosting sites from maybe back in the late 90s or something. WTH?

I am sitting here with the project complete, ready to export OUT of Windows Movie Maker 5.1 and zoom it to YouTube...but I can't.

And when trying to use iMovie 6 on my laptop, guess what?!?!?! The subtitle function is HORRIBLE!!!!! Your line of subtitle text only stays on the screen for like 3 damn seconds, and it builds another 1 second into it for whatever reason. So if your chunk of a scene is not exactly 4 seconds long, your clips get jumbled and the playback of the video and audio gets jacked up. I have sorted through so many forums trying to resolve it, and there isn't anything to do about it. The consensus is that iMovie 6 is retarded when it comes to how it does subtitles. There's not a work around. You're just screwed.

The only other option is for me to grab Final Cut Pro 7, but it's like $999 and I can't spend that dough.

Or, if someone out there knows how to take a Windows Movie Maker 5.1 version "project file" and make it zoom off to YouTube, then we're golden. Otherwise, I am stuck. Maybe I can play the dang video on my laptop and then record it with a video camera? LOL. That's always awesome to watch, isn't it?

Just very frustrated. I'm very good with technology, and this was an unexpected diversion that has led to walking around in circles for 8 hours.

Any ideas out there? The video is just bad to the bone. Honestly it is. We gotta' find a way to get this Movie Maker version 5.1 project file onto YouTube.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read