Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-03-2010   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Previous Prediction threads

Alot of people mad that we lossed to The Colts. Me too, because it was winnable. However I'm seeing us as being on schedule despite all of our inconsistencies. Might do some good to see if we remember what we thought before the season started. I'm naming people who posted. Not to put on blast but to keep people from having to read entire threads.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73472

SIAB was wrong on The Cowboys and right on with Giants and Colts. He had us @ 5-2 after the Colts.

MattieUK - said Mcnabb would not be on fire vs. us.

Badboy - said we would be 5-0 or 4-1 at bye (think he meant 4-2)

Andrew6 - said he doesn't forsee a good season.

Vinnie - said we would start 2-2

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75265

Brakos82 - said "if we are less than 5-1 something went wrong" at first, then later said 5-1 at the bye (not very off) and 6-3 by week 10. (curious who his 3 losses were against but we still can do that.)

You'll have to read post #20 for TexCanada

This is just something for us to see. I don't know what you all predicted when the schedules came out. I know I stated before that our first win would come against Dallas or Raiders depending on how far our win streak would go. I had us at 5-1 at the bye (I see that Dallas game as the game that is really hurting us right now Nov 3 2010) and 5-2 after the second Colts game. We are not too off schedule. We just got to win games now.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Previous Prediction threads

The Texans lost all margin-for-error with the Colts loss. The next
seven games ALL have DIRECT tie-breaker implications. Missing the
playoffs should not be an option. This being the case, they MUST
go at LEAST 3-3 in division play, and beat the Ravens AND Jets.

Since the Chargers beat the Titans, they must now beat San Diego as well
for the tie-breaker.

I doubt all that'll happen, but if it does, call me surprised.
Old 11-03-2010   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Texans lost all margin-for-error with the Colts loss. The next
seven games ALL have DIRECT tie-breaker implications. Missing the
playoffs should not be an option. This being the case, they MUST
go at LEAST 3-3 in division play, and beat the Ravens AND Jets.

Since the Chargers beat the Titans, they must now beat San Diego as well
for the tie-breaker.

I doubt all that'll happen, but if it does, call me surprised.
SD will kill us. This weekend could be a VERY uncomfortable game to watch.
Old 11-03-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I just keep thinking about Antonio Gates vs. our LBs!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #5
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I would love for us to be 6-3 by week 10, but if we do get there it will be by an incredible run of luck...not by skill.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I just keep thinking about Antonio Gates vs. our LBs!

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I would love for us to be 6-3 by week 10, but if we do get there it will be by an incredible run of luck...not by skill.
Of course, if we win it is not by skill that would be silly!

imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-03-2010   #8
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Luck is often much better than skill.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248395 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I don't know what my expectations were for this part of the season. Colts, Cowboys, Giants, I thought were gooing to be tough... Week 1 was a lot "easier" than I thought it would be. Cowboys & Giants, I did not expect our offense to look like that. I didn't expect to have to come back to beat Washington like that, didn't expect to have to keep it on to be able to beat the Raiders.

I'm a homer, I know that. There's a filter that prevents me from seeing how good/bad this team really is. I think we're good... a legit NFL team, a play-off contender. But I had no illusions that we were as good as the Patriots, the Colts, the Steelers, San Diego. Those are the consistently good AFC Franchises.

The Patriots are 6-1, the Colts 5-2, the Steelers 5-2, the Chargers 3-5.
The Jets, Ravens, & KCity are right there at 5-2. I didn't expect that from the Jets or the Chiefs.

The Titans are 5-3, Miami is 4-3, Jacksonville is 4-4. Those are the teams I associate the Texans with, including the Jets, I think those teams are on our level. Doesn't look like it, because those guys are heavily defensive & we are offensive... but at the end of the year, I think these teams are going to be around the 8-8/9-7/10-6 range.

Right now, we're 4-3. Right there with those teams I think are comparable to the Texans.

I know the schedule will get tougher from here on out. But I don't think we've played anywhere close to our best game.

I'm disappointed we didn't beat the Colts. They were who we thought they were, & we let them off the hook.

I'm disappointed we didn't beat the Cowboys. I think that game was winnable as well. he Giants game, I think we could have been a little more compettive offensively with a chance to win it at the end.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the seaon, I think it will be more exciting than what we've seen so far. If it's not, I'll be right there with the pink soapers.

I like this coach, but if he can't get it done, I've got no use for him. I liked Capers as well, & my hope for this team was renewed with vigor when he was let go. Firing Kubiak won't hurt my feelings.

I love my brother, but fired his ass twice.... Kubiak isn't family, so he wouldn't get a second chance with me.
Old 11-03-2010   #10
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't know what my expectations were for this part of the season. Colts, Cowboys, Giants, I thought were gooing to be tough... Week 1 was a lot "easier" than I thought it would be. Cowboys & Giants, I did not expect our offense to look like that. I didn't expect to have to come back to beat Washington like that, didn't expect to have to keep it on to be able to beat the Raiders.

I'm a homer, I know that. There's a filter that prevents me from seeing how good/bad this team really is. I think we're good... a legit NFL team, a play-off contender. But I had no illusions that we were as good as the Patriots, the Colts, the Steelers, San Diego. Those are the consistently good AFC Franchises.

The Patriots are 6-1, the Colts 5-2, the Steelers 5-2, the Chargers 3-5.
The Jets, Ravens, & KCity are right there at 5-2. I didn't expect that from the Jets or the Chiefs.

The Titans are 5-3, Miami is 4-3, Jacksonville is 4-4. Those are the teams I associate the Texans with, including the Jets, I think those teams are on our level. Doesn't look like it, because those guys are heavily defensive & we are offensive... but at the end of the year, I think these teams are going to be around the 8-8/9-7/10-6 range.

Right now, we're 4-3. Right there with those teams I think are comparable to the Texans.

I know the schedule will get tougher from here on out. But I don't think we've played anywhere close to our best game.

I'm disappointed we didn't beat the Colts. They were who we thought they were, & we let them off the hook.

I'm disappointed we didn't beat the Cowboys. I think that game was winnable as well. he Giants game, I think we could have been a little more compettive offensively with a chance to win it at the end.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the seaon, I think it will be more exciting than what we've seen so far. If it's not, I'll be right there with the pink soapers.

I like this coach, but if he can't get it done, I've got no use for him. I liked Capers as well, & my hope for this team was renewed with vigor when he was let go. Firing Kubiak won't hurt my feelings.

I love my brother, but fired his ass twice.... Kubiak isn't family, so he wouldn't get a second chance with me.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read