Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Green soap for those who don't like pink

I made this green soap avatar last year. If you want it, here is the link:

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...green_soap.jpg
Old 11-02-2010   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Green soap for those who don't like pink

GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Im not gonna get out the soap just yet .... How many of you actually had the Texans winning AT Indy ?

Sure Kubiak got away from what they should have been doing .... and didnt give Brown any help but ....

I'd like to see what they do in the rest of their division games before I go off the deep end. If they can sweep both the Jax and Tits ..... things look golden. If they dont win at least 3 of those 4 , I'll get out the soap.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am not a fan of the soap but last night had me thinking I need a cold shower, I am not going to back a coach that cannot see the mistakes he is making and adjust his situation to win a game. Foster would have been part of that adjusting and it did not happen, I am beginning to think that Kyle was the Guru and Kubes was just a puppet in Denver. We lost Kyle and we lost the ability to score on a consistant basis. I would think Bob should be able to find his shoes in Gary's arse.
Old 11-02-2010   #5
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
I am not a fan of the soap but last night had me thinking I need a cold shower, I am not going to back a coach that cannot see the mistakes he is making and adjust his situation to win a game. Foster would have been part of that adjusting and it did not happen, I am beginning to think that Kyle was the Guru and Kubes was just a puppet in Denver. We lost Kyle and we lost the ability to score on a consistant basis. I would think Bob should be able to find his shoes in Gary's arse.
Surely you're not conceding that the anti-Kubiak crowd had a valid argument?
Old 11-02-2010   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is this a joke? Are you actually bending on the almighty Kubiak?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Im not gonna get out the soap just yet .... How many of you actually had the Texans winning AT Indy ?

Sure Kubiak got away from what they should have been doing .... and didnt give Brown any help but ....

I'd like to see what they do in the rest of their division games before I go off the deep end. If they can sweep both the Jax and Tits ..... things look golden. If they dont win at least 3 of those 4 , I'll get out the soap.
That's not the point though. If the Texans had played a hard fought game, but came up a touchdown or field goal short, I'd give Kubiak a pass...even with all the injuries the Colts had. But Kubiak came out without the proper gameplan. Why did he not run it with Foster more at the beginning? Foster had 8 carries for 64 yards in the first half, when he should have had at least 14 and ended the game with around 25 carries (Ward with five or six more). You run it until the Colts stop it and not try and get cute, which is what Kubiak did.
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #8
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 32596 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

lol @ the new avys when we're 6-3. @ this board
Old 11-02-2010   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am saying that a two year old could have taken the playlist from game one and followed it verbatum and won this game and Kubes is that blinded to let his ego lose a game then I am not going to stand behind him and support him. Seems to me the first game we played the colts we came out the second half and ran every play till we scored, Then we did it again and again. And when we run the ball it keeps Payaton off the feild. Come on we should have come out and ran 25 to 30 times in the first half but that is how many times we passed. Kubiak showed his inability to apply football 101 to a team and let the Colts run away with the game. He did the same thing against the giants and cowboys and it is now showing that we have the talent but we have a leader who cannot lead. No fire and the wheels do not move and every loss leads to less heat in the fire pit.
Old 11-02-2010   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Quote:
I am saying that a two year old could have taken the playlist from game one and followed it verbatum and won this game and Kubes is that blinded to let his ego lose a game then I am not going to stand behind him and support him. Seems to me the first game we played the colts we came out the second half and ran every play till we scored, Then we did it again and again. And when we run the ball it keeps Payaton off the feild. Come on we should have come out and ran 25 to 30 times in the first half but that is how many times we passed. Kubiak showed his inability to apply football 101 to a team and let the Colts run away with the game. He did the same thing against the giants and cowboys and it is now showing that we have the talent but we have a leader who cannot lead. No fire and the wheels do not move and every loss leads to less heat in the fire pit.

I agree with Joe Texan for once.
Old 11-02-2010   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post

I agree with Joe Texan for once.
I do too.

It's not about having bad players or a bad system. It's about a single man not being willing or able to see that he's his own worst enemy. Kubiak could probably be an outstanding coach if he could ever get past trying to be the smartest coach in the room. Beating the Colts was a fairly straightforward thing and we ran the ball well enough for all of us to be able to see that it would have worked again. They can't stop a runny nose much less a determined running game. At the same time we actually got our QB beat up in the process.

Last edited by Hervoyel; 11-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Hervoyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #12
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
That's not the point though. If the Texans had played a hard fought game, but came up a touchdown or field goal short, I'd give Kubiak a pass...even with all the injuries the Colts had. But Kubiak came out without the proper gameplan. Why did he not run it with Foster more at the beginning? Foster had 8 carries for 64 yards in the first half, when he should have had at least 14 and ended the game with around 25 carries (Ward with five or six more). You run it until the Colts stop it and not try and get cute, which is what Kubiak did.
Gary got cute .... Peyton put the nail in the coffin early , I wont dispute that , not one bit.

Just saying that one game doesnt make or break a season , I want to see the entire body of work before I go calling for his head on a platter. They may get their shit together and get on a roll .... The next four games are games they could win and be right back in the mix. Winning at least 3 out of 4 of their remaining divisional games .... bla bla bla who the hell am I kidding.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #13
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Gary got cute .... Peyton put the nail in the coffin early , I wont dispute that , not one bit.

Just saying that one game doesnt make or break a season , I want to see the entire body of work before I go calling for his head on a platter. They may get their shit together and get on a roll .... The next four games are games they could win and be right back in the mix. Winning at least 3 out of 4 of their remaining divisional games .... bla bla bla who the hell am I kidding.
Its not like this is Kubiak's first year. We have a lot of data on him to make an informed decision already. I don't believe we should fire him at any time during the season, but unless he makes playoffs he should be gone.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Until then I am going with Mister Softee.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #15
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'll bite.... What is ist that you have seen out of this team's previous performances that makes you believe that we will actually win six games while we still only have three losses?
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #16
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Screw it, i'll join in. I'm usually one of the last to get the soap out, but i think i've just had enough now. If he can prove me wrong, it's time to act on it now.
Old 11-03-2010   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your post tells me that you were already having doubts, even before the Monday Night Football game vs. the Colts this past Monday.

You made reference to the ways Kubiak screwed the pooch vs. the Giants and Cowboys, so I gotta' believe that you were already figuring things out wayyy before Monday night at about 10:30 p.m. The Colts game this week just solidified it for you.

Which begs the question: If you're going to be on the up-and-up, were there other times the past few seasons where you had occasional thoughts about Kubiak NOT being the man for the job here? Or did this really just come to you within the past few weeks?

Not trying to trap you into a joke or anything. I seriously want to know if you had any doubts about Kubiak prior to the past few weeks.
Old 11-03-2010   #18
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Think you could do some blue soap for me?
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
Think you could do some blue soap for me?
Maybe.

I'll try to whip it up sometime tomorrow.

I figure we should be able to get a bar of Fire Kubiak Club soap in any damn color we choose. A lot of movie buffs scoff at anything BUT pink soap, but they can go dry hump Kubiak's leg for all I care. I ain't wearing pink.
Old 11-03-2010   #20
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Maybe.

I'll try to whip it up sometime tomorrow.

I figure we should be able to get a bar of Fire Kubiak Club soap in any damn color we choose. A lot of movie buffs scoff at anything BUT pink soap, but they can go dry hump Kubiak's leg for all I care. I ain't wearing pink.
Thanks, I'd appreciate it.
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read