Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-02-2010   #1
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Question to my fellow texans fans: Merriman

Do you think that texans should go after Merriman if he is released today by the chargers. I dont think this could solve our defensive problems but i think it would improve our pass rush and our linebacker core. Any improvement on defence is better than what we have. My question is do you think you would be a good pick up and if he is it it even possible for the texans to grabb him.
Old 11-02-2010   #2
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question to my fellow texans fans

Yes. Why not? We did not get much of a pass rush on Manning. Merrimen may be washed up...or he may be one of those Chargers players that the Chargers thought was washed up.

I'd say give it a shot. Too bad I'm not expecting it to happen.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #3
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Yes. Why not? We did not get much of a pass rush on Manning. Merrimen may be washed up...or he may be one of those Chargers players that the Chargers thought was washed up.

I'd say give it a shot. Too bad I'm not expecting it to happen.
Yea our coaching staff isnt really proactive during the season. we will probably bring up some practice players that wont help us. Chargers let go of LT and look what he is doing. It would be nice if Merriman could do the same
Old 11-02-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He would fill the vacancy left by Connor Barwin and you could do the same things with him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #5
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
Do you think that texans should go after Merriman if he is released today by the chargers. I dont think this could solve our defensive problems but i think it would improve our pass rush and our linebacker core. Any improvement on defence is better than what we have. My question is do you think you would be a good pick up and if he is it it even possible for the texans to grabb him.
He'll probably end up with the Titans, where he will revive his career. They seem to be good at that.
Old 11-02-2010   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 314423 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

He's had 'issues'. Ours is not a team that can deal well with a player that's had 'issues'.
Old 11-02-2010   #7
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will not even consider Merriman which is the real problem here. I don't mind that they might not choose to sign him. I am upset that they will not even seriously consider it. This is an organization that moves like a glacier. The Texans don't just avoid thinking outside the box. They aren't even aware that the box has an outside.
Old 11-02-2010   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell to the yeah.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #9
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Merriman has not been the same since he was suspended for PEDS.
Old 11-02-2010   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Merriman has not been the same since he was suspended for PEDS.
Doesn't that sound familiar.
Old 11-02-2010   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Doesn't that sound familiar.

Not at all. If people around him were half as good as he was, this would be no issue at all.
Old 11-02-2010   #12
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

-He has issues
-Hes not a char guy the texans like
-His play on the filed is not the same has before
-Hes a shell of his former self
-Hes not a gamer

Ill pass
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #13
FR0497
Rookie

Rep Power: 269 FR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respectedFR0497 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Shawne Merriman anyone?

Waived today by the Chargers.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines
FR0497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #14
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Shawne Merriman anyone?

See this thread: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77149

I don't blame you for missing it, as the poster gave it a stupid ambiguous title.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #15
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

People said the same as the above about LT and Thomas Jones this year. It happens every year. Just because someone isn't playing as well as previous years doesn't mean their washed up (Brad Lidge). Bring him in, work him out, and then decide if he is better than what we have at either side.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
He's had 'issues'. Ours is not a team that can deal well with a player that's had 'issues'.

true DB and as Kubiak would say

(man I wish I had the talent to put kubiak's head on this picture .. would make it so funny )
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #17
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
See this thread: http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77149

I don't blame you for missing it, as the poster gave it a stupid ambiguous title.
Rep for PWNing that thread title
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #18
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveTexans View Post
Rep for PWNing that thread title
Just now I was thoroughly confused for a minute before realizing that the threads were merged and the title was fixed.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #19
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 9100 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question to my fellow texans fans: Merriman

Merriman to be a bill per dam Schefter

As Fox reported, Bills are set to claim LB Shawne Merriman. Unless Buffalo changes its mind, Merriman will be a Bill. 23 minutes ago

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read