Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled
 
drewmar74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bayou Country
Age: 39
Posts: 4,840
Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default It is what it is.

That's how I'd probably describe where I am with these guys now. I look at last night's game and say: "it is what it is."
  • This team shows flashes of brilliance amidst a bunch of mediocrity.
  • They will often play down to opposition, but they never play up to it.
  • They don't show a killer mentality.
  • The coaching is suspect as is the owner's loyalty to that coaching staff.
  • There is enough talent on the roster to be competitive with almost anyone in the NFL yet they aren't.
  • This team will set you up with a big gutsy win only to let you down with a flat performance the next week.
  • This team has problems and I suspect that those problems will exist until we get a new head coach.

So that's it. It is what it is. In my opinion, that's how it has been and I see no reason to think it will change anytime soon.

With that in mind, I'm going to try really hard not to get too up or too down whether we win or lose. I'm not counting on these guys to save my life or put food on the table in front of my children (thank God for that!). I'll continue to pull hard for them but I think that they finally broke that piece of my inner fan that expects anything...... I suppose there are a lot more important things out there for me to focus my attention on.

I sure am glad I'm not a season ticket holder or I'd probably be a lot more aggravated.

This probably didn't need its own thread but I didn't see where it fit anywhere else. Mods, as always, feel free to place wherever you would like (I'll not get too worked up about that, either!)

Take a deep breath and say it with me....

"It is what it is."
__________________
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06
 
Pantherstang84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,202
Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: It is what it is.

It is what it is. I will find other things to do on Sunday afternoon's. I have lost faith in the entire organization to make things the way they should be.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!
 
Yankee_In_TX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston, 77008
Age: 35
Posts: 12,448
Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: It is what it is.

I agree 100% with each bullet point.

I'm getting dangerously to protesting the team again (not dressing up on game day, hey, not painting my face gives me an extra 30 minutes to tailgate!).

I'll still be a fan and still go to games - but that's only because I am loyal to the logo, whatever crap may come along with that.....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Booty took a sack, which is what you CAN'T do.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #4
silvrhand
Site Contributor
 
silvrhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Porte, TX
Section: 135J 5-8
Age: 39
Posts: 2,185
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

With that in mind, I'm going to try really hard not to get too up or too down whether we win or lose. I'm not counting on these guys to save my life or put food on the table in front of my children (thank God for that!). I'll continue to pull hard for them but I think that they finally broke that piece of my inner fan that expects anything...... I suppose there are a lot more important things out there for me to focus my attention on.

I sure am glad I'm not a season ticket holder or I'd probably be a lot more aggravated.

"It is what it is."
/em looks at season tickets and PSL he bought this year...

silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man
 
Thorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Houston
Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Age: 63
Posts: 21,948
Rep Power: 249059 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

I'll always be a fan, but it doesn't mean I'll always like what I see. I remember days of my Oiler fandom where I loved the team, but just shook my head at their complete incompetence at times. The more things change, the more they stay the same it would appear.
__________________


"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #6
ThaShark316
#28
 
ThaShark316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rosharon, TX
Age: 29
Posts: 2,387
Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: It is what it is.

So much for my sig huh?

Nahhhhhhh we'll still win the next two... @ anything else.
__________________
I guess this is where I say.....
ThaShark316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #7
silvrhand
Site Contributor
 
silvrhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: La Porte, TX
Section: 135J 5-8
Age: 39
Posts: 2,185
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'll always be a fan, but it doesn't mean I'll always like what I see. I remember days of my Oiler fandom where I loved the team, but just shook my head at their complete incompetence at times. The more things change, the more they stay the same it would appear.
I would almost venture to say the Oilers were more consistent in their game than the current Texans are...
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,636
Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

It is what it is ....LOL


Man once we beat the chargers things will be different around here yet agian for the 3rd time this team is real Jeckle and hyde right now


@Wash-W
vs DAL-L
@OAK-W
vs NYG-L
vs Cheifs-W
@INDY-L
vs SAN-W

dont worry guyz i still think Jets and Ravens will be big games like we knew they would and we still got the Divison to play Jags and titans remember them
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #9
False Start
On # 69
 
False Start's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Waiting For the Turning Point!
Section: 420
Posts: 12,846
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

Right on Drew. I agree with what you said. Being a fan of any Houston team is just plain aggravating at times. I get pissed off, but no matter what I will always support my teams.

Like Thorn said, being an old Oilers fan has kind of made me numb to what the Texans are doing right now.

Go Texans!
__________________

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame
 
DexmanC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,844
Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
That's how I'd probably describe where I am with these guys now. I look at last night's game and say: "it is what it is."
  • This team shows flashes of brilliance amidst a bunch of mediocrity.
  • They will often play down to opposition, but they never play up to it.
  • They don't show a killer mentality.
  • The coaching is suspect as is the owner's loyalty to that coaching staff.
  • There is enough talent on the roster to be competitive with almost anyone in the NFL yet they aren't.
  • This team will set you up with a big gutsy win only to let you down with a flat performance the next week.
  • This team has problems and I suspect that those problems will exist until we get a new head coach.

So that's it. It is what it is. In my opinion, that's how it has been and I see no reason to think it will change anytime soon.

With that in mind, I'm going to try really hard not to get too up or too down whether we win or lose. I'm not counting on these guys to save my life or put food on the table in front of my children (thank God for that!). I'll continue to pull hard for them but I think that they finally broke that piece of my inner fan that expects anything...... I suppose there are a lot more important things out there for me to focus my attention on.

I sure am glad I'm not a season ticket holder or I'd probably be a lot more aggravated.

This probably didn't need its own thread but I didn't see where it fit anywhere else. Mods, as always, feel free to place wherever you would like (I'll not get too worked up about that, either!)

Take a deep breath and say it with me....

"It is what it is."
This is where I've been since the start of the year. It's why I have
my sig the way it is. The Texans got off to a 4-2 start, but it was
all smoke-n-mirrors, and I didn't buy into it. The Texans could potentially
get their asses whooped over EACH of the next 7 or 8 games. Every
one of the next 8 teams have better coaching staffs, but more
importantly, they all have a bully mentality when it comes to finesse
bitches like the Kubiak-led Texans.

I'm watching every game this season, but my heart isn't in ANY of them.
Simply observing this train become derailed is interesting enough for me.
__________________
Coach O'Brien just might lead the Texans to their first 35-0 thumping of a decent opponent in 2014.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #11
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I would almost venture to say the Oilers were more consistent in their game than the current Texans are...
Oh, for sure they were.

I remember us going on win streaks and then having a drop-off game a few times.

We didn't get to the AFC Championship game because we sucked as bad as the Texans do right now.

I'd take that Oilers team, especially with Buddy Ryan as d-coord, any day of the week over what we have right now. Those guys played hard. I don't care what some of the older guys around here say about the Oilers offense, those Oilers players still produced more consistently than the Texans.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #12
drewmar74
disgruntled
 
drewmar74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bayou Country
Age: 39
Posts: 4,840
Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
This is where I've been since the start of the year. It's why I have
my sig the way it is. The Texans got off to a 4-2 start, but it was
all smoke-n-mirrors, and I didn't buy into it. The Texans could potentially
get their asses whooped over EACH of the next 7 or 8 games. Every
one of the next 8 teams have better coaching staffs, but more
importantly, they all have a bully mentality when it comes to finesse
bitches like the Kubiak-led Texans.

I'm watching every game this season, but my heart isn't in ANY of them.
Simply observing this train become derailed is interesting enough for me.
Roger that.

It just took me until last night to finally get there. Or here. Or wherever....

It is what it is.
__________________
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein
drewmar74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor
 
beerlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 12,392
Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It is what it is.

The Texans play reflects the personality of their Head Coach, it is what it is.

The Colts play reflects the personality of their QB, Peyton Manning, it is what it is.

who would you choose, it is what it is
__________________

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger