Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would you take 9-7 right now?
Yes 9 10.11%
No 80 89.89%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Question Vote of confidence - would you take 9-7 right now?

If you could take a 9-7 record right now for this year, would you do it and take your chances on the playoffs? Or do you think the team can exceed 9-7 still?
Old 11-02-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vote of confidence - would you take 9-7 right now?

I voted no because 9-7 keeps the status quo going.

We either win 10+ games and make playoffs

or

shlart the panties and lose majority of rest of games so we can rebuild......again.........even though nothing was ever "built".....

one or the other...i want playoffs or change...not the same shit again next year

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We're going to be lucky to win 4 more
Old 11-02-2010   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 81844 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If you could take a 9-7 record right now for this year, would you do it and take your chances on the playoffs? Or do you think the team can exceed 9-7 still?
You think this team can go 5-4 the rest of the way with that schedule? I don't think so because they play too many teams with balls. This team is castrated thanks to Kubina.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #5
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

If they go 9-7, Kubiak better be gone or they are going to lose alot of fans. that will be proof-positive that our owner doesn't make winning in the playoffs a top priority.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
You think this team can go 5-4 the rest of the way with that schedule? I don't think so because they play too many teams with balls. This team is castrated thanks to Kubina.
Nope, I don't. I voted to take the 9-7 and run with it, LOL.
Old 11-02-2010   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown2atx View Post
i voted no because 9-7 keeps the status quo going.

or

shlart the panties and lose majority of rest of games so we can rebuild......again.........even though nothing was ever "built".....

One or the other...i want playoffs or change...not the same shit again next year
this
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

No - we win at least 10. Our chances of winning 6 more? Not real good, I'd say. No more settlin' - time to man up and win.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #9
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

if 9-7 gets us into the playoffs so be it I'd be happy with that but we need to start getting into the playoffs and get on a hot streak.

But yah unless there is a massive AFC crash 9-7 we'll be at home sucking tits again..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 73838 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I highly doubt we get to 9-7.

At this point I am thinking draft position.
Old 11-02-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Something about throwing the baby out with the bath water...... I'm not with that.

11-5 if not better. There is still a lot of football to be played.
Old 11-02-2010   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

9-7 will not prove anything, and if it's just enough to save Kubiak's job i am against it. Either make playoffs and make real strides as an organization, or lose your job. That's the way i see it.
Old 11-02-2010   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
9-7 will not prove anything, and if it's just enough to save Kubiak's job i am against it. Either make playoffs and make real strides as an organization, or lose your job. That's the way i see it.
You wouldn't see 9-7 against this schedule as any better than 9-7 against last year's schedule?
Old 11-02-2010   #14
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43308 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I say 10 wins or more with a shot at the playoffs (assuming we don't win the division, which is very doubtful IMO), or go to the other extreme with
no more wins (that's right: 4-12) to maximize our Draft position.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #15
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 3119 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You wouldn't see 9-7 against this schedule as any better than 9-7 against last year's schedule?
No.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #16
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted no. I want more than 9 wins. I dont want to chance the playoffs this year. If we dont get our 9 wins then all the more reason to kick Kubes to the curb.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Not at all. Strength of schedule was heavily inflated by playing the Colts twice and outside of that, the schedule hasn't panned out the way we thought it would exactly.

Even if it did, if you're a real playoff team, you do whatever it takes to get in, whether it beating on bad teams all season or beating the best of the best. So 9-7 this season means nothing more to me then last year's 9-7. To me, it just says "same sh*t, different day".

Kubiak does absolutely nothing to inspire the team out of the gate in the first half when most games end up being won or lost, and that is inexcusable. Maybe he'll learn that these "scripted plays" are not effective in doing anything except allowing the offense to play from behind for the rest of the game. The defense actually fought hard under the circumstances, yet the offense did nothing to help them.
Old 11-02-2010   #18
Old School
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 875 Old School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respectedOld School is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Old School Send a message via Skype™ to Old School

I voted no because 9-7 will not get us in the playoffs. If it could, I would be happy with it. Other than that I wouldn't be happy with anything less than 11-5.
As far as "taking 9-7". Well I would take it because however the season plays out is just the way it is. I'm not going to stop being a fan, I will just be a little bit grumpier!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Vote of confidence - would you take 9-7 right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I voted no because 9-7 keeps the status quo going.

or

one or the other...i want playoffs or change...not the same shit again next year
/end thread
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298214 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This team would be both lucky and unlucky to go 9-7 this year. Lucky because 9-7 appears to be over-achieving for such a mediocre team, and unlucky because it would be just good enough to keep Kubiak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read