Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2010   #21
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario oh Mario

Mario...Mario, where for art though Mario?
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I'm sick & tired of this 4-3 BS! The Texans need to switch to a 3-4 if that means firing Kubiak & Co so be it. I think Mario & Antonio Smith could be fine ends in this alingment. Cody would have to be NT for now, with Earl his back-up, time to move on Amobi. Use four LB's (DeMeco will return next year) but for now stand-up Cushing & Adibi slot Sharpton & Diles inside (Barwin would be the other OLB next year after rehab).

I'm sure Mario is frustrated too, proof is just watching him on the sidelines shouting @ Kollar or throwing his hands up on the field. He is not being put into a position to succeed, period.
Now you are talking BL! I blame Mario on the coaches not training him appropriately. Our coaches have no clue what to do with the players they have. If I were McNair, I'd move Kubes to "coaches assistant" to run the O. Drop the OC or re-assign him. Probably go hard after Wade Phillips for our DC and move this team to 3-4. Yes we will have to make some adjustments but this 4-3 is not getting us to SB. I think our corners would do much better and prob the safeties also. The difficult part of my plan would be signing the right head coach.
Old 11-02-2010   #23
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Now you are talking BL! I blame Mario on the coaches not training him appropriately. Our coaches have no clue what to do with the players they have. If I were McNair, I'd move Kubes to "coaches assistant" to run the O. Drop the OC or re-assign him. Probably go hard after Wade Phillips for our DC and move this team to 3-4. Yes we will have to make some adjustments but this 4-3 is not getting us to SB. I think our corners would do much better and prob the safeties also. The difficult part of my plan would be signing the right head coach.
why does everyone think that a 4-3 can't win a superbowl?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #24
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this a serious thread? I thought the calling out Mario thread was bad, but a second one. Wow. The only guy on the line who's real stout against the run, that consistently has gotten to or close to the QB, that's who we go after? God, that's kinda sickening to see how widespread this attitudes gone and no one has really said anything against it. Somebody please remind me of Kollars success with D-lines. Kollars lines are known for being small, quick, and weak against the run. Mario is the anti-Kollar guy, yet he is having better seasons than Kollars type of guys.

This whole pile on Mario thing is getting tired. Grow the F up man it's a team sport! Big time players make big time plays.... how many sacks does Jarred Allen have this season? 1! 1 F-in sack, so don't give me that big time players show up every game!
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #25
datchapin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2013 datchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respecteddatchapin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Bad short term memory. I mean the Saint's couldn't have won the SB last yr. Oh wait both SB teams has 4-3's last yr. wow. How quickly that's forgotten.
Old 11-02-2010   #26
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194239 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Did not say that. I said our 4-3 with our coaches is not getting this team to the Super Bowl. We have the talent, I predicted 12-4 but our coaches and our most recent draft is not getting it done.
Old 11-02-2010   #27
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Did not say that. I said our 4-3 with our coaches is not getting this team to the Super Bowl. We have the talent, I predicted 12-4 but our coaches and our most recent draft is not getting it done.
Go hire greg williams?
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #28
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

A 3-4 is not the answer here. It's a 3-5 year transition to get the personnel, and that number is going to go up with all the other teams jumping on the 3-4 bandwagon. The fact of the matter is, there aren't enough 3-4 lineman coming out of college to make it possible for every team to run a 3-4.

I say stick with the scheme you have. Our defense is making improvements, let's see how the rest of the season goes before bailing on the system.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #29
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by datchapin View Post
Is this a serious thread? I thought the calling out Mario thread was bad, but a second one. Wow. The only guy on the line who's real stout against the run, that consistently has gotten to or close to the QB, that's who we go after? God, that's kinda sickening to see how widespread this attitudes gone and no one has really said anything against it. Somebody please remind me of Kollars success with D-lines. Kollars lines are known for being small, quick, and weak against the run. Mario is the anti-Kollar guy, yet he is having better seasons than Kollars type of guys.

This whole pile on Mario thing is getting tired. Grow the F up man it's a team sport! Big time players make big time plays.... how many sacks does Jarred Allen have this season? 1! 1 F-in sack, so don't give me that big time players show up every game!
Really so you don't expect the best player to show up for the big game.. Obviously you have your Mario goggles on?
Old 11-02-2010   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really so you don't expect the best player to show up for the big game.. Obviously you have your Mario goggles on?
Exactly..

Last night was a perfect opportunity for Mario to shine, be dominant and show why he was the #1 pick... Instead all we got was a bunch of meh, average.
Old 11-02-2010   #31
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Really, so did Schaub show up for the big game? Did Cushing, Pollard, Brown, OD or Foster for that matter? Did all these guys play to their full potential last night?
Old 11-02-2010   #32
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Really, so did Schaub show up for the big game? Did Cushing, Pollard, Brown, OD or Foster for that matter? Did all these guys play to their full potential last night?
Yeah, Foster showed up. He averaged 6.8 ypc

I don't think it was his decision to only get 15 carries
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #33
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55069 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I definitely prefer the 3-4 to the 4-3, but I think the Texans are more than just a NT from having the right personnel, and the NT is in itself the key to the front 7.
But we really don't have any strong candidates for the primary pass-rushing positions at OLB. Barwin is a candidate, but he's never played the position and his return is unceertain. Cushing is a 4-3 LB, not a 3-4 OLB even though he has some pass-rushing skills.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #34
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 15483 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

what season have you been watching man?

VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #35
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Yeah, Foster showed up. He averaged 6.8 ypc

I don't think it was his decision to only get 15 carries
So it's Marios decision to drop back into coverage? It's his decision if they run stunts or not? If he plays with his hand on the ground or standing?

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one sticking up for one of our better players.
Old 11-02-2010   #36
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
and lay in wait to play Texans OL
haha aka any team dumb enough to let their LT, who hasn't played a snap in over a month, go 1 on 1 against him for majority of the game
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #37
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
what season have you been watching man?

Pls elaborate, I'm not sure what you're implying.
Old 11-02-2010   #38
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Pls elaborate, I'm not sure what you're implying.
That Antonio Smith has been our best DL this year by a pretty considerable amount.
Old 11-02-2010   #39
4x4tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 448 4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected4x4tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Panama! Did you get tired of the Baytown Lee talk? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Mario showed up to the best of his ability. He's just not very good.
It's time to just call it like it is with him. He's not quick enough or savvy enough to be a good pass rusher. He will get a few sacks here and there, but he does not provide any sort of consistent pressure at all. Mark Anderson was much more disruptive last night.
4x4tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #40
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
So it's Marios decision to drop back into coverage? It's his decision if they run stunts or not? If he plays with his hand on the ground or standing?

I find it hard to believe I'm the only one sticking up for one of our better players.
DATCHAPIN, most of us on this MB are long time Texans fans and before that many of us followed the Oilers. We are trying to fairly criticize and evaluate many team members. This is just one thread and it is about Mario. If you know Mario as you seem to indicate, you know he is not living up to billing this season. He has been a very good player at times and then very ineffective at other times. No player wins or loses on his own, but to say hands off anyone of them comes across not so well.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read