Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who is to blame for the Colts loss
Offensive line 11 13.25%
Matt Schaub 2 2.41%
Defensive line 0 0%
Defensive secondary 2 2.41%
Head coach 54 65.06%
Defensive coach 1 1.20%
Offensive coach 5 6.02%
General manager 0 0%
Ownership 2 2.41%
Payton Manning 6 7.23%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010   #1
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Blame Game

It's 4:00 AM and I can't sleep. So, we just got trounced by the Colts and I see a lot of people pointing fingers. For fun and games, lets play the blame game. Choose one area to blame for tonights debacle.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #2
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3825 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF
Default Re: The Blame Game

I voted the Head coach.....after all, to quote Kubiak,"It's all on me."
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #3
whiskeyrbl

I had to say head coach. Why was the game plan different than the first game?
Old 11-02-2010   #4
Txn_in_Oki
Lucky 13

Rep Power: 32635 Txn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respectedTxn_in_Oki is a quality contributor and well respected

I blame the head coach that starts the game 3 and out throwing. This is the team with the RB that smashed the Colts for 231 yards. I mean really... why run with a back that can get a first down every 3 runs?
Old 11-02-2010   #5
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78831 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

In game? Duane Brown.

But...Kubiak. This was the first time he was actually outcoached this year.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

with 2 weeks to prepare, it's all on kubiak.

1 ... run the ball. this couldnt be in any way more common sense.
2 ... assist your offensive tackles with play-action and chip blocks, only as a suppliment to #1
3 ... expose a depleted secondary with 10-20 yard routes, only with #2.

4 ... nobody cares if the colts try to run, stop the pass
5 ... the colts have a favorite route - it's called a "slant pattern" ... jam your secondary inside-out
6 ... assume the players on our team arent complete morons, let them shift out of shown blitzes after manning readjusts.
Old 11-02-2010   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
In game? Duane Brown.

But...Kubiak. This was the first time he was actually outcoached this year.
1st time? Even Wade Phillips out coached this doofus.
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #8
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

this time it actually was on kubiak
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

I normally let a game once it ends go...but last nights loss is sticking with me because of the same coaching stuff I see... And let's be honest.. 4-3 is still a winning record, but Washington should have been a L if they didn't stop playing, and Oakland looking back should have been as well... Please save it.. you know it too ! 2-5 is what the team should be, and well it is the way they are playing...
I can't even explain how I am feeling this morning !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 260379 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

As I posted in another thread, you can't separate bad play from coaching usually. Last night, however, the players that were doing poorly were doing some things well. The OL couldn't pass block (esp. Brown), but they were run blocking well. JJ couldn't catch or hold onto the football, but he got at least one nice backside seal block to help Foster bust one. Any moron could tell from Schaub's body language that he didn't trust his line to protect him to pass. Any moron knows the key to beating Manning is to chew clock and keep him off the field. Any moron knows that the Colts have a ferocious pass rush and a porous run defense.

Somehow, when Kubiak added all that up, it equaled a lot of passing.
Old 11-02-2010   #11
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 14418 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Had to say Kubes on this one. Obviously they were getting to Schaub and he wasnt getting enough time to throw accurately so with that being said.......change the freaking gameplan.

I really wish we saw a heavy dose of Foster/Ward. In the first half, Foster had 8 carries for 65 yds and Schaub was 5/15 for 37 yds and a pick.

Hmmmmmmmmmm........what should we do here?

It was very frustrating to see this. We gash the Colts for 231 yds in week one and we are on pace to do the same thing last night but instead he continues to pass the ball. I understand we needed big plays and needed to have balance but cmon, did we have balance in week one when we pwned the colts? No.

I truly believe Foster may be one the premier backs in the league for THIS system, not sure how he would be in other systems but he fits here great. He was running great last night and we didnt utilize him as much as we could have.

Oh well, on to San Diego.........

Old 11-02-2010   #12
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak.

He got two weeks to prepare for this and didn't think about pounding the ball more. Everyone knew what we had to do to beat the Colts, except Kubiak. Stop with this fantasy of you "outsmarting" the Colts with the pass. It obviously didn't work, but the running was working, yet Kubiak went away from it. It seems that Kubiak needs five months to prepare to beat the Colts because two weeks obviously wasn't enough.

Kubiak is NOT a head coach. I gave him a pass the first six games. After last night, I see clearly how much of a joke of a HC he is.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Blame Game

I'm tired of getting out coached and then hearing:

'We knew that was going to be their gameplan and didn't expect anything different.'

and

'We failed to execute.'

WTF. Translation:

"I'm a mediocre coach and will NEVER get a team 3 games above .500."

Kinda' sad - all we have to hang out hats on is 9-7. Never been 3 games above .500.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #14
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I'm tired of getting out coached and then hearing:

'We knew that was going to be their gameplan and didn't expect anything different.'

and

'We failed to execute.'

WTF. Translation:

"I'm a mediocre coach and will NEVER get a team 3 games above .500."

Kinda' sad - all we have to hang out hats on is 9-7. Never been 3 games above .500.

I sure hope that is what the record will be this year...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 14418 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Kubiak.

He got two weeks to prepare for this and didn't think about pounding the ball more. Everyone knew what we had to do to beat the Colts, except Kubiak. Stop with this fantasy of you "outsmarting" the Colts with the pass. It obviously didn't work, but the running was working, yet Kubiak went away from it. It seems that Kubiak needs five months to prepare to beat the Colts because two weeks obviously wasn't enough.

Kubiak is NOT a head coach. I gave him a pass the first six games. After last night, I see clearly how much of a joke of a HC he is.
What are the odds we can quit pretending and just go ahead and get the REAL shanahan and company to Houston? Obviously the pretenders arent working.
Old 11-02-2010   #16
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

There's no doubt it's Kubiak. Foster gashes the Colts in week 1 and begins to gash them again last night, but we only hand the ball to him 8 times in the first half?! He gained 65 yards in those 8 carries, over 8 yards a carry.

Just another 3 hours wasted from my life.
Old 11-02-2010   #17
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 127674 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

edit.
Old 11-02-2010   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak.

Two weeks to prepare. To prepare for an opponent you know (or SHOULD know), and that you know can NOT stop the run. Yet it's a pass-happy game.

Why are these guys getting paid the money they are getting paid? It is mind-boggling to me. I truly believe the NFL is a good-old-boy system. Once you're in, you're in for life. You 'll be a coordinator for awhile, then a head coach, then you get fired and go be a coordinator somewhere, then become a head coach again, then rinse and repeat...their whole LIFE.

Makes no sense to me. Congratulations, Gary Kubiak, for building a great offense. Now if you could just figure out how to use it, that'd be nice.

Instead, go about your business of being a complete moron and asking your team to overcome your playcalling and lack of adjustments.

I turned the game off at the half and played Battlefield 1943 online on my Xbox360 for the next two hours. Might as well do something that I can control, rather than watching something fall apart that I can NOT control.

And Bob McNair is crazy for not firing Kubiak last season and throwing his entire life savings at Bill Cowher. Complete control. Bill, do whatever you want. Wear a robe to work for all I care, Bill. You have what it takes. You have weapons on our team, so do your thing Bill. But no, let's stay with a guy who has won TWO games vs. the Colts in 16 tries. TWO. That's like a batting average of about .050 or maybe .075 at best.

Kubiak is a real piece of work. Always trying to be unconventional, unpredictable, and look where it gets him. It is amazing the degree of ineptitude and recklessness that Kubiak exhibits.

I would NOT have gone for it on 4th down, though I have sometimes agreed to go for it in other games. It didn't feel right. We had to take a timeout because we were confused, and THAT is a bad sign right there--It wasn't the right call (RUN THE BALL!!!). And it wasn't the right call to go back to the pass so early and often when the run was killing the Colts. Another bad move.

Will Gary ever "get it," or is he doomed to getting fired because he is such a moron when it comes to preparing a scheme and sticking with it (especially when it has worked in the past?). LOL. Oh boy, what a dandy.
Old 11-02-2010   #19
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

When you are averaging big runs, why focus so much on the pass in the first half? It made no sense. Foster was running strong but they waited until the game was completely out of hand to give him the ball. The best way to neutralize Freeney is to run straight at him, but apparently our offensive playcaller is too idiotic to figure that out.
Old 11-02-2010   #20
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

This one is all on the Head Coach.

Having 2 weeks to prepare for a beat up opponent that we crushed in game 1.
This team was not prepared, was not pumped up, was just not ready to play.

It is embarrasing for a team to be so unprepared on national TV. How can we ever gain any respect when we always look like a high school team on Monday Night Football.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read