Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-02-2010   #1
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Duane Brown got owned by Freeny.

I know it's been mentioned in other threads but I thought Brown earned his own thread of shame tonight. Brown was slow/rusty thus giving up the sacks and pressures on Schaub and causing Schaub to get a case of the pocket jitters. It even looked like Schaub was feeling pressure on a few plays when there was none. Also why when it was obvious to everyone watching the game that he was getting owned didn't the Texans put a TE on the left side to help out with Freeny or tell Foster to concentrate on helping out with Freeny. Brown was bad but he got no help when it was obvious that he needed it. Terrible lack of coaching adjustments.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #2
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Duane Brown got owned by Freeny.

looked like a matador out there
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #3
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I know it's been mentioned in other threads but I thought Brown earned his own thread of shame tonight. Brown was slow/rusty thus giving up the sacks and pressures on Schaub and causing Schaub to get a case of the pocket jitters. It even looked like Schaub was feeling pressure on a few plays when there was none. Also why when it was obvious to everyone watching the game that he was getting owned didn't the Texans put a TE on the left side to help out with Freeny or tell Foster to concentrate on helping out with Freeny. Brown was bad but he got no help when it was obvious that he needed it. Terrible lack of coaching adjustments.
Brown owned by Freeney all night long and the coaching staff just let it happen. Maybe it's the sour taste in my mouth talking, but this teams weakest point is it's coaching staff. All this young, highly drafted talent over the years and squat to show for it.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #4
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3326 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well the poor guy hadn't played in 4 weeks. He needed help.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #5
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Well the poor guy hadn't played in 4 weeks. He needed help.
Yea, help from a coaching staff...wait, I take that back, that's asking too much from the guys with the headsets.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #6
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I knew it was a bad idea to start Brown against the Colts. Should've kept Butler in there for this game.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #7
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I knew it was a bad idea to start Brown against the Colts. Should've kept Butler in there for this game.
It was a bad time to get back into the groove of things. Butler was doing fine. Arian Foster was running against Indy just as fine. We somehow became our own worst enemy and changed some critical things that allowed us to beat the Colts earlier this season. It's not a good time to experiment when we are facing the Colts. We should have come out running until they could stop us....and if Brown started, Butler should have been subbed in sooner rather than later.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-02-2010   #8
The Cush
All Pro

Rep Power: 2779 The Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Cush is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's what I don't understand. You look at tape and clips they show of Mario, he's being double teamed/chipped in 90% of them. He's just that type of player, as is Freeney as is Mathis but the coaches didn't call for any doubles or chipping on them until we were down by 17 points in the second half! I mean, is Kubiak and co. that dense? Duane Brown hadn't played a game snap in a month and you leave him 1 on 1? We have one of the top rushing attacks vs a diminutive defense and two superior pass rushing ends that are a WHOLE lot less effective against the run and we only rush 8 times in the 1st half?! I think i answered my own question
The Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even the talking heads on ESPN commented that Brown should get some help against Freeny. Why not put a TE on the left side to chip him or double team him, why not tell Foster to pay special attention to Freeny and help out. Why not take Brown out and put Butler in the game, Butler is a better pass blocker.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

See, I understand a 300+-lb. guy getting beaten by the speed rush. Freeney is one of the best in the biz, and he's light and agile. He's essentially a LB playing DE. But for that same LB to bull rush Brown into the QB, repeatedly, is just pathetic.

In his defense, the game plan should have called to run right at Freeney every play and make sure Freeney was buried on every play. By the second half, he'd be so worn out he wouldn't be bull rushing anyone.
Old 11-02-2010   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeny was even laughing about how Brown got no help on him. He couldn't believe that there was no one there at least chipping him.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #12
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cush View Post
Here's what I don't understand. You look at tape and clips they show of Mario, he's being double teamed/chipped in 90% of them. He's just that type of player, as is Freeney as is Mathis but the coaches didn't call for any doubles or chipping on them until we were down by 17 points in the second half! I mean, is Kubiak and co. that dense? Duane Brown hadn't played a game snap in a month and you leave him 1 on 1? We have one of the top rushing attacks vs a diminutive defense and two superior pass rushing ends that are a WHOLE lot less effective against the run and we only rush 8 times in the 1st half?! I think i answered my own question
Mario was left one on one with the tackle a LOT last night and did NOTHING..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Even the talking heads on ESPN commented that Brown should get some help against Freeny. Why not put a TE on the left side to chip him or double team him, why not tell Foster to pay special attention to Freeny and help out. Why not take Brown out and put Butler in the game, Butler is a better pass blocker.
Because that's what good coaches do against guys like Freeny, Mario and Ware. They recognize the mismatch and adjust. We don't have any of that on our team.
Old 11-02-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Amen.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #15
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109428 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
See, I understand a 300+-lb. guy getting beaten by the speed rush. Freeney is one of the best in the biz, and he's light and agile. He's essentially a LB playing DE. But for that same LB to bull rush Brown into the QB, repeatedly, is just pathetic.

In his defense, the game plan should have called to run right at Freeney every play and make sure Freeney was buried on every play. By the second half, he'd be so worn out he wouldn't be bull rushing anyone.
Freeney is just a frigging freak. His spin move in the first quarter was insane good. I'm not a Texan fan, but as a 32 year student of the game that still is amazed at what I see, I was stunned to see the Texans not gash away at the Colts. Why weren't more screen passes thrown at Freeney's side early as well? Going blow for blow with the best QB in the NFL (god I hate saying that) is just flat out stupid. It was almost as if Kubiak really believed he could beat Manning at his own game, which IIRC has been a busto strategy for 10 years+

As I saw elsewhere on this board, everything that worked for Houston in week one wasn't employed, and minus Ryans, the personnel hadn't changed, except the venue, and the fact that the Colts were facing more injuries. Last night looked like a coaching disaster.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
As I saw elsewhere on this board, everything that worked for Houston in week one wasn't employed, and minus Ryans, the personnel hadn't changed, except the venue, and the fact that the Colts were facing more injuries. Last night looked like a coaching disaster.
You missed one important thing, the Colts needed a win. It was like taking candy from a kid.
Old 11-02-2010   #17
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Freeney bought Duane Brown. He has the receipt. If I were DB I would've sat myself down after that first spin move. That was Houdini-ish, now you see me, now I'm sacking your QB....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #18
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

It was ugly.

Bad ugly.

I was thinking "Man, we've been waiting four weeks for THIS?"

I'd have put a tight end over there. Shoot, I'd have put Butler in as a tight end on that side.
Old 11-02-2010   #19
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just from memory, the only Texans left tackle that I've seen that received consistent tight end support or chipping from a running back was Chester Pitts. Through two head coaches and multiple defensive coordinators, this has remained constant against Freeny or anyone else.

I'm sure there have been pockets of help, but the Texans overall game plans seem to have the LT go mano a mano.

Strange over so long a period of time.
Old 11-02-2010   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Just from memory, the only Texans left tackle that I've seen that received consistent tight end support or chipping from a running back was Chester Pitts. Through two head coaches and multiple defensive coordinators, this has remained constant against Freeny or anyone else.

I'm sure there have been pockets of help, but the Texans overall game plans seem to have the LT go mano a mano.

Strange over so long a period of time.
The ghost of Tony Boselli haunts us to this day.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read