Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2010   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We got Princess Brided

How many times has Kubiak tried to "get clever" rather than just sticking with his strengths?

"I ran successfully for the first game, therefore they'll sell out to try and stop the run this time, and I'll be able to pass.

But wait, I bet they know that and so they'll really still sell out to stop the pass, so I'll run!

But surely they know that I know about their plan, so the only way to stop them is to pass every single down! Its Brilliant!"

Instead of trying to predict what the Colts are going to do and trying to get cute and scheme aroudn them, why couldn't we just go with what worked? Foster was absolutely monstrous today. He was gashing that Colts defense. Yet we came out throwing. And kept throwing.

One time we were lined up with 3 wide (I think) and they had their 4 DE set in. Freeney and Mathis on the far, far edge. Two other DEs lined up between our guards and tackles. There was literally NO ONE from guard to guard. The MLB was about 10 yards deep. I was yelling "audible to a run Schaub, its WIDE OPEN"

What do we do? Drop back to pass. Ugh
Old 11-01-2010   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We got Princess Brided

Wow.

Man, you dug deep on that one and I like it.

I'd rep you but you're on a roll and I just hit you up like 5 min ago.
Old 11-01-2010   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't get it. We passed the ball coming out of the gate. We let them take the tempo.

Our defense was much improved, just our offense needs to step up in the first half.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #4
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I really don't get it. We passed the ball coming out of the gate. We let them take the tempo.

Our defense was much improved, just our offense needs to step up in the first half.

We played right into their hands. The way we played is EXACTLY what the Colts want their opponents to do. Usually they force their opponents to do it, tonight Kubiak did it voluntarily.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #5
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought you meant we ran a play and Schaub said: I don't think that means what you think it means.....

Or: My name Mathew Schaub prepare to get a pick 6.....
Old 11-01-2010   #6
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
We played right into their hands. The way we played is EXACTLY what the Colts want their opponents to do. Usually they force their opponents to do it, tonight Kubiak did it voluntarily.
Outside the Colts game earlier this year I don't think I've ever seen a Kubiak led Texans team force another team to adjust their gameplan to what the Texans were doing. We always let the other team dictate what we are going to do.
Old 11-01-2010   #7
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Really puzzling. Even if the Colts know you're going to run they can't stop it. I actually don't mind him coming out and trying to surprise them...but the next drive we ran the ball a few times for great pickups...then just suddenly stop running to pass the ball 3 times...Very very puzzling.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2010   #8
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I'd like to revoke the rep I gave you earlier and apply it to this thread.

Never go up against an Aggie when stupidity is on the line!

(Sorry Ags, friendly fire)
Old 11-01-2010   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Outside the Colts game earlier this year I don't think I've ever seen a Kubiak led Texans team force another team to adjust their gameplan to what the Texans were doing. We always let the other team dictate what we are going to do.
It's a good point. I like the pass to AJ to start the game. But why not come right back with a few runs. They were biting hard on the play action and we didn't do much since we didn't run it enough.
Old 11-01-2010   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gtex, I think the point goes to me because i started a very similiar thread about 20 mins earlier
Old 11-01-2010   #11
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
It's a good point. I like the pass to AJ to start the game. But why not come right back with a few runs. They were biting hard on the play action and we didn't do much since we didn't run it enough.
I don't want to see them come out and do nothing but run. How about mixing it up, Gary? The same thing happened in the New York game. The first play was a pass and was a nice call and a nice gain so we throw again on the next 3 plays being sacked once. There's no imagination. Every game there's at least one time where an announcer will say something to the effect of "it's like they were in the Texans huddle." We make it way too easy on the other teams when we don't change it up a little.
Old 11-01-2010   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240894 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93;1566988[B
]I don't want to see them come out and do nothing but run[/b]. How about mixing it up, Gary? The same thing happened in the New York game. The first play was a pass and was a nice call and a nice gain so we throw again on the next 3 plays being sacked once. There's no imagination. Every game there's at least one time where an announcer will say something to the effect of "it's like they were in the Texans huddle." We make it way too easy on the other teams when we don't change it up a little.
If they aren't stopping it (read: allowing 8YPC), then you do nothing but run. Eventually, they'll start stacking the box and then you pop them over the top and remind them that AJ is the best in the biz.

Or you know, keep dropping your QB back against the two guys that have owned the Texans' QBs over the years more than any other team. That's an option.
Old 11-01-2010   #13
hradhak
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If they aren't stopping it (read: allowing 8YPC), then you do nothing but run. Eventually, they'll start stacking the box and then you pop them over the top and remind them that AJ is the best in the biz.

Or you know, keep dropping your QB back against the two guys that have owned the Texans' QBs over the years more than any other team. That's an option.
I was hoping to see a lot more of Ward too out there tonight. He somehow finds a way to make an unexpected play. But that only happens if you give him the freakin' ball.
Old 11-02-2010   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not sure why that was so hard to understand.

We were outplayed in all of our losses so far. We were outcoached tonight.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #15
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You must spread rep...
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read