Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2010   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I HATE the bend don't break defense

All it is a semi prevent and we all know what the prevent is. C'mon Bush insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. Play agressive defense and cove somebody don't just sit is a zone , Peyton will cut you up. Get your head out of your ***. And also Mario is joke. He has no football instinct. He is body beautiful but has no strength. I don't care what you say. Look at the Colt's defense to see what a real defensive end is.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #2
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I HATE the bend don't break defense

Funny you say that since I thought they overblitzed especially in the 2nd half. They probably blitzed 70% of the time and got burned repeatedly.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #3
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

im been saying for Years we are not getting enough good push up the middle

CODY and Amobi just .................... man u know how they are

and it looks like losing how Heart of the D Demco really really sucks

how can they not push Old ass saturday around ?????????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm off to cry myself to sleep. Oops there's my inside typing thoughts again!!!!
Old 11-01-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it was more like the Broken D Indy like punted Once LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #6
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Funny you say that since I thought they overblitzed especially in the 2nd half. They probably blitzed 70% of the time and got burned repeatedly.
Correct. It was ugly.

I don't know if it would have been any better with Demeco there, but it was ugly.
Old 11-02-2010   #7
daedge
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 daedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden coverdaedge could be on the next Madden cover

As a Colt's fan I can't agree more with this thread title, its exactly what we run in Indianapolis and its very frustrating.
Old 11-02-2010   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i completely agree. the worst part about this defense IMO is that it doesnt force any turnovers. the most excitement our defense provides is an occasional 3 and out ... that's all. a 3 and out isnt something to be expected, it's the biggest highlight we achieve on defense.

no short fields on offense. no great validation on defense. no defensive scoring opportunities. just the off-chance that our kiddie corners survive a series.
Old 11-02-2010   #9
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Guys Defense really didn't lose this game for us, colts scored 23 points with the best QB in the game. I'll take that given our current injuries on defense.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It would be nice, if we had a "bend but don't break defense" But we have more of a "we're going to try not to bend as much as yours, most likely won't succeed, but we're going to try...... sort of." defense.
Old 11-02-2010   #11
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 26897 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

13:35 1 00:14 IND 40 3 0 Punt
11:03 1 04:04 IND 22 7 78 Touchdown
04:11 1 04:11 IND 47 6 3 Punt
12:00 2 04:35 IND 25 7 24 Punt

05:52 2 04:59 IND 34 13 36 Field Goal
00:14 2 00:14 IND 18 1 -1 End of Half
15:00 3 03:30 IND 30 10 70 Touchdown
07:40 3 06:22 IND 30 12 64 Field Goal
12:22 4 04:59 IND 24 10 58 Field Goal
05:39 4 01:35 IND 27 6 6 Punt
00:34 4 00:34 IND 19 2 -2 End of Game

9 times they had the ball, not including the end of the half and game, and we forced them to punt 4 times. In reality that's not that bad till you consider this...

15:00 1 01:15 HOU 32 4 5 Punt
13:10 1 01:57 HOU 32 5 18 Punt

06:59 1 02:48 HOU 33 6 20 Downs
14:51 2 00:00 IND 24 1 24 Intercepted Pass
14:44 2 02:44 HOU 34 5 31 Field Goal
07:14 2 01:10 HOU 16 3 9 Punt
00:53 2 00:32 HOU 29 3 6 Punt

11:30 3 03:50 HOU 41 7 59 Touchdown
01:18 3 03:56 HOU 14 10 86 Touchdown
07:23 4 01:32 HOU 29 3 1 Punt
03:50 4 02:53 HOU 4 13 77 Fumble
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read