Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-05-2010   #161
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sad News: Blazing Arrow has passed away!!

Woder how we could send $$$ to a college fund for his daughter?

And yes everything after page 7 should be deleted. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #162
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Found out from StarStruck about this and wanted to comment

This hits really deep on 2 fronts. 1) I never met BA but I really loved his stuff and I never took anything he wrote as vindictive. Just sounded like a fun guy talking noise to his rivals 2) I had, as many here know, a random heart issue that almost killed me at age 30 and then a surgery that came from the arrythmia it caused in 2008. If you didn't know the inital heart problem came from a virus I got..like the flu(I had chills and fever for 2 days)..that just attacked my heart. I had many symptoms talked about in here after the sickness went away....burping, chest tightness, etc...and ignored it until I couldn't anymore and then they told me my heart was enlarged 50%, it was out of rhythm and my ejection fraction or pumping strength was down to 20%. I survived and came back completely but many don't. A family friend of ours died from the same thing. I'm not sure what happened to BA but it could have been similar or it could have been a defect. So for all the guys out there, don't be macho. Your body sends you signals for a reason. If you feel "off" or have anything that doesn't jive, check it out. I'd rather be a little paranoid and careful than in serious trouble. They have incredible technology to see every little thing in your body now. Also, I'd recommend flu shots. I never got them until I had kids but I always wonder if that strain or whatever I got could have been prevented. It won't make you sick and it will protect you.

RIP BA. Prayers to your wife and child. I hope you got one big hug from both the day this happened.

Late

I think this is exactly whats happening to me! Im 30 Years old and in February of this year I caught the flu, I went to Doctor could not breath pulse was up to 160. The doctor ran some test confirmed it was the flu and gave me medicine. The flu went away but then all my symtoms started. I have good days and bad days Tightness in chest, heart arrythmias, anxious or like I have to take a deep breath. I did an ECG aka as an EKG and it did show my heart was having Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC). I went to cardiologist but he wanted to but me on a monitor for like 45 days, so I never went back. This been going on for 9 months now and I dont tell my friends and family because I don't want them to worry. I don't know, maybe I should go back to Doctor.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #163
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
I think this is exactly whats happening to me! Im 30 Years old and in February of this year I caught the flu, I went to Doctor could not breath pulse was up to 160. The doctor ran some test confirmed it was the flu and gave me medicine. The flu went away but then all my symtoms started. I have good days and bad days Tightness in chest, heart arrythmias, anxious or like I have to take a deep breath. I did an ECG aka as an EKG and it did show my heart was having Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVC). I went to cardiologist but he wanted to but me on a monitor for like 45 days, so I never went back. This been going on for 9 months now and I dont tell my friends and family because I don't want them to worry. I don't know, maybe I should go back to Doctor.
And sooooooo now, we're all worried...
Old 11-05-2010   #164
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you'd be on a monitor for 45 days? Does this mean you'll be in a hospital bed for 45 days?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #165
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Until I saw the obit it did not hit home. Me and my crew had a close friend die of a heart attack, 1992, when he was 22 years old (recently his brother was sentenced to death). RIP Xavier.

Two years later the paramedics came to my door in Albany, NY and took me to the hospital as I thought I was having a heart attack, my neighbor called them in when they saw me crawling across our shared floor. Two weeks later they showed up again to take me out of my grad school class room when I felt my heart leap out my chest.

I got all the tests done, and found that my travel schedule, caffeine consumption and poor diet were responsible for screwing up my adrenaline. Not to mention I had a tough break-up with my live-in girlfriend a few weeks prior.

I have given up soda, eat fast food two to three times a month, drink water all day, and I get a check up every year. Moreover, I stopped fooling around, stayed monogamous with the girlfriends I had, and got married five years later. Will be married for 13 years in December. In the first few years of marriage I would wake up in the middle of night short of breath, it was scary, but I would just calm myself down and control my breathing and it would subside.

Recently it appears that I have developed some symptoms of asthma, and have to take medication - which I hate, thankfully I am on small doses.

We're getting older, and have a lot to lose with still so much to do, see and achieve.

RIP Kian.
Old 11-05-2010   #166
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
So you'd be on a monitor for 45 days? Does this mean you'll be in a hospital bed for 45 days?
No it's little like a cell phone, but it has a bunch of wires, and you wear it home.

Old 11-05-2010   #167
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No it's little like a cell phone, but it has a bunch of wires, and you wear it home.
This this is really a no-brainer. 45 days could get you at least 45 more years.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2010   #168
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I was just informed by ChildressTitanFan (a friend from another message board) that Blazing Arrow suffered a heart attack. His wife informed someone that share with Childress.... He was only 33 y/o.... RIP my brother.

Thoughts and prayers to his wife and entire family!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Found out from StarStruck about this and wanted to comment

This hits really deep on 2 fronts. 1) I never met BA but I really loved his stuff and I never took anything he wrote as vindictive. Just sounded like a fun guy talking noise to his rivals 2) I had, as many here know, a random heart issue that almost killed me at age 30 and then a surgery that came from the arrythmia it caused in 2008. If you didn't know the inital heart problem came from a virus I got..like the flu(I had chills and fever for 2 days)..that just attacked my heart. I had many symptoms talked about in here after the sickness went away....burping, chest tightness, etc...and ignored it until I couldn't anymore and then they told me my heart was enlarged 50%, it was out of rhythm and my ejection fraction or pumping strength was down to 20%. I survived and came back completely but many don't. A family friend of ours died from the same thing. I'm not sure what happened to BA but it could have been similar or it could have been a defect. So for all the guys out there, don't be macho. Your body sends you signals for a reason. If you feel "off" or have anything that doesn't jive, check it out. I'd rather be a little paranoid and careful than in serious trouble. They have incredible technology to see every little thing in your body now. Also, I'd recommend flu shots. I never got them until I had kids but I always wonder if that strain or whatever I got could have been prevented. It won't make you sick and it will protect you.

RIP BA. Prayers to your wife and child. I hope you got one big hug from both the day this happened.

Late
Quote:
Are you freakin' kidding me? We lose BA, we almost lose Frog, and you don't want to wear a monitor?
Old 11-05-2010   #169
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
This this is really a no-brainer. 45 days could get you at least 45 more years.
Thanks your right, I think Im going to change some eating habits, exercise more and Im going in to see the doc starting the new year with a new deductible.

Old 11-05-2010   #170
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 119243 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread losing focus again...
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #171
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Until I saw the obit it did not hit home. Me and my crew had a close friend die of a heart attack, 1992, when he was 22 years old (recently his brother was sentenced to death). RIP Xavier.

Two years later the paramedics came to my door in Albany, NY and took me to the hospital as I thought I was having a heart attack, my neighbor called them in when they saw me crawling across our shared floor. Two weeks later they showed up again to take me out of my grad school class room when I felt my heart leap out my chest.

I got all the tests done, and found that my travel schedule, caffeine consumption and poor diet were responsible for screwing up my adrenaline. Not to mention I had a tough break-up with my live-in girlfriend a few weeks prior.

I have given up soda, eat fast food two to three times a month, drink water all day, and I get a check up every year. Moreover, I stopped fooling around, stayed monogamous with the girlfriends I had, and got married five years later. Will be married for 13 years in December. In the first few years of marriage I would wake up in the middle of night short of breath, it was scary, but I would just calm myself down and control my breathing and it would subside.

Recently it appears that I have developed some symptoms of asthma, and have to take medication - which I hate, thankfully I am on small doses.

We're getting older, and have a lot to lose with still so much to do, see and achieve.

RIP Kian.
22? Heart attack?? WOW!!! I've lost a lot of friends, some due to accidents, some cancer, even murdered, but I don't recall any dying that early from a heart attack.

Quote:
I have given up soda
Check

Quote:
eat fast food two to three times a month,
Not even that often

Quote:
drink water all day,
Check

Quote:
and I get a check up every year
Definite check!

Who knows what caused BA's heart attack though. He was a skinny guy but we don't really know his eating habits, his family history or any of that. He could've been eating right, exercising and doing all the righ things. We just never know. All we can do is minimize our risks...
Old 11-05-2010   #172
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP BA... far too young to go.

Quote:
Thanks your right, I think Im going to change some eating habits, exercise more and Im going in to see the doc starting the new year with a new deductible.
My wife has had to wear this before... she was miserable. If not for my insistence, she wouldn't have. Not trying to say what you should or shouldn't do regarding your health, just saying she's wore that equipment before.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #173
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
RIP BA... far too young to go.

My wife has had to wear this before... she was miserable. If not for my insistence, she wouldn't have. Not trying to say what you should or shouldn't do regarding your health, just saying she's wore that equipment before.
Im hoping for a miricle, if not I will give in begining of next year.

Old 11-05-2010   #174
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Who knows what caused BA's heart attack though. He was a skinny guy but we don't really know his eating habits, his family history or any of that. He could've been eating right, exercising and doing all the righ things. We just never know. All we can do is minimize our risks...
And that is some scary stuff. At 19, I think I'm invinceable and none of this stuff applies to me, but now I'm hearing 22 year olds dying from heart attacks. Since I was little, I always associated heart attacks with older people and the extremely obese. Maybe I need to get a check up myself. I haven't been to the doctor in like two years. I'm never sick.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010   #175
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398704 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
This thread losing focus again...
I don't think so. After condolences are posted, the thread would just fade away. But in BA's memory, I think it's a good thing that we learn from his tragedy and perhaps be inspired to look into aspects of our health that might have otherwise been ignored.

That being said, back to BA, I think he would have been unbearable with the Moss signing and the Texans floundering on MNF against the Colts. He had a way of pushing all of our collective buttons, and by the same token, we all tended to become one big Texans family circling the wagon in defense of our hapless franchise as a result. Regardless of our differences, a rival fan trolling our board with heated smack talk always seemed to bring us together.

That being said, WE get the last word! I never understood why BA followed the Oilers/Titans when he lived in 49ers land. He tried to explain it to me, but I just couldn't comprehend going against a hometown team with championship pedigree for a team in another city.
Old 11-06-2010   #176
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96229 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm 38 and nothing scared the hell out of me more than when I had a physical 2 years ago - my doc informed me I had very high cholesterol (hereditary, nothing I can do about it) and when I get checked again in the spring, if its still that high, I'm going on meds.

I'm not widowing my wife and leaving her with two kids to raise by herself. Screw that.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #177
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Very moving to see how all this respect for BA.

I'm sure he'd appreove of the derailment. Made me LMAO
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #178
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post

RIP Kian.
Sounds like panic attacks is part of, if not a major part of, the problem. I am surprised your doctor has not prescribed anti-anxiety meds especially for you to take at night.

Panic attacks make you feel like you are losing your breath, your heart is racing, that you might die, etc. Regardless, it is good to see you made such major life changes after these experiences. We all need to evaluate our lives and our choices.

RIP Blazing Arrow.
Old 11-06-2010   #179
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125690 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever happened to Bipolar The Titan?? He was always my favorite Titan fan that would come over here and strut around. He threw some nice clever smack around at times. I'm sure he knew BA a little bit as well.

Anyone see or hear from Bipolar The Titan on any of the Titans boards?
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #180
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Whatever happened to Bipolar The Titan?? He was always my favorite Titan fan that would come over here and strut around. He threw some nice clever smack around at times. I'm sure he knew BA a little bit as well.

Anyone see or hear from Bipolar The Titan on any of the Titans boards?
Yeah Bipolar is still around and was a friend of BA.

I just don't have as much time to spend on boards these days,even my own.

I'm sure Bipolar is the same.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read