Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 11-03-2010   #101
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sad News: Blazing Arrow has passed away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
We as men, need to quit being the guys that we are. We tend to stay away from doctors. We have a hard time going to hospitals (even if to visit a close friend that suffered a major stroke).... BUT You have to. I've made it a point to at the very least, get a yearly check up, including blood work, a chest x-ray and an EKG (I think it is... the one where they put like 13 probes or whatever all over your body)...

It was this process that encouraged me about 16 or 17 months ago, to drop around 48 pounds. My cholesterol was out of whack. My Triglycerides were over 600 (they're supposed to be under 150) and my blood pressure was hovering around "pre-hypertension"...

Since then, like I said, I lost 48 pounds. My BP is in check (although it spikes at times), Triglycerides are waaaaay down. Not where they should be, but I cut that 6+ in half and finally cholesterol is down to 159......

Sorry for the long, drawn out BS......... BOTTOM LINE. Get checked out regularly!!!
Yeah, I haven't had a doctor check up in like 8 years. I haven't gone though, because I don't have insurance, so I just typically stay away from anything that has to do with the doctor. I just make myself have a strong thresh hold for pain or discomfort. I have insurance coming in about two more months finally, so I'll get me a check up soon just to find all my levels on cholesterol and blood pressure and stuff like that.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #102
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

First time I saw this May the Lord carry his family in thier time of grief
Old 11-03-2010   #103
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan4Ever View Post
Didn't know him but regardless, too young to pass away. Rest In Peace Blazing Arrow!
This.

....and I'm sad for his passing at a young age. May he rest in peace and may God give peace to his family.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #104
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
There's at least 6 bad puns in this sentence.
Brakos!!
Old 11-03-2010   #105
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Brakos!!
Oh no, you're the one that said them.

Bill!
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #106
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's sad... But no worries bro, I will tip my cup towards you if you (G*D forbid) ever succumbed to......... well, anything, bro!
You know what's really sad? I heart TexanBill.

*nods head*

Old 11-03-2010   #107
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
You know what's really sad? I heart TexanBill.

*nods head*

Back at you, my brother!!!
Old 11-03-2010   #108
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Oh no, you're the one that said them.

Bill!
You're all ****ed up!!!
Old 11-03-2010   #109
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We as men, need to quit being the guys that we are. We tend to stay away from doctors. We have a hard time going to hospitals (even if to visit a close friend that suffered a major stroke).... BUT You have to. I've made it a point to at the very least, get a yearly check up, including blood work, a chest x-ray and an EKG (I think it is... the one where they put like 13 probes or whatever all over your body)...

It was this process that encouraged me about 16 or 17 months ago, to drop around 48 pounds. My cholesterol was out of whack. My Triglycerides were over 600 (they're supposed to be under 150) and my blood pressure was hovering around "pre-hypertension"...

Since then, like I said, I lost 48 pounds. My BP is in check (although it spikes at times), Triglycerides are waaaaay down. Not where they should be, but I cut that 6+ in half and finally cholesterol is down to 159......

Sorry for the long, drawn out BS......... BOTTOM LINE. Get checked out regularly!!!
I know this, but it is still very hard for me to follow this advice. I have an issue I need to get seen for that could possibly be serious and I haven't been able to convince myself to go.....no need to tell me, I know I am a dumbass.
Old 11-03-2010   #110
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I know this, but it is still very hard for me to follow this advice. I have an issue I need to get seen for that could possibly be serious and I haven't been able to convince myself to go.....no need to tell me, I know I am a dumbass.
My cousin was the same way. He said he had problems burping and would drink carbonated drinks to help him burp. He said he could feel the burp sometimes, but it wouldn't come out. Turns out, his arteries were clogging up (after FINALLY going to the doctor).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #111
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
You and I are in the same boat. My wife is actually extremely concerned but whatever. I have excellent medical coverage so that's not the issue... just don't want to be poked and prodded anymore. Had enough of people sticking their fingers in my ears for a lifetime. Now I'm supposed to let them go up the tailpipe? Right.

It is what it is...
Old 11-04-2010   #112
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
First time I saw this May the Lord carry his family in thier time of grief
Yeah, Joe, y'all people should know what the power of prayer means... Prayer works!!

Prayers to Kian's daughter and wife (and the rest of BA's family)!!!
Old 11-04-2010   #113
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 30061 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Found out from StarStruck about this and wanted to comment

This hits really deep on 2 fronts. 1) I never met BA but I really loved his stuff and I never took anything he wrote as vindictive. Just sounded like a fun guy talking noise to his rivals 2) I had, as many here know, a random heart issue that almost killed me at age 30 and then a surgery that came from the arrythmia it caused in 2008. If you didn't know the inital heart problem came from a virus I got..like the flu(I had chills and fever for 2 days)..that just attacked my heart. I had many symptoms talked about in here after the sickness went away....burping, chest tightness, etc...and ignored it until I couldn't anymore and then they told me my heart was enlarged 50%, it was out of rhythm and my ejection fraction or pumping strength was down to 20%. I survived and came back completely but many don't. A family friend of ours died from the same thing. I'm not sure what happened to BA but it could have been similar or it could have been a defect. So for all the guys out there, don't be macho. Your body sends you signals for a reason. If you feel "off" or have anything that doesn't jive, check it out. I'd rather be a little paranoid and careful than in serious trouble. They have incredible technology to see every little thing in your body now. Also, I'd recommend flu shots. I never got them until I had kids but I always wonder if that strain or whatever I got could have been prevented. It won't make you sick and it will protect you.

RIP BA. Prayers to your wife and child. I hope you got one big hug from both the day this happened.

Late

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 11-04-2010 at 10:41 AM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #114
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, just as the Titans sign Randy Moss. I know he would have been here gloating about that, and rightfullly so. For as big an NFL fan as he was, its sad that he missed out on this
Old 11-04-2010   #115
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Found out from StarStruck about this and wanted to comment

This hits really deep on 2 fronts. 1) I never met BA but I really loved his stuff and I never took anything he wrote as vindictive. Just sounded like a fun guy talking noise to his rivals 2) I had, as many here know, a random heart issue that almost killed me at age 30 and then a surgery that came from the arrythmia it caused in 2008. If you didn't know the inital heart problem came from a virus I got..like the flu..that just attacked my heart. I had many sysmptoms talked about in here....burping, chest tightness, etc...and ignored it until I couldn't anymore and then they told me my heart was enlarged 50%, it was out of rhythm and my ejection fraction or pumping strength was down to 20%. I survived and came back completely but many don't. A family friend of ours died from the same thing. I'm not sure what happened to BA but it could have been similar or it could have been a defect. So for all the guys out there, don't be macho. Your body sends you signals for a reason. If you feel "off" or have anything that doesn't jive, check it out. I'd rather be a little paranoid and careful than in serious trouble. They have incredible technology to see every little thing in your body now. Also, I'd recommend flu shots. I never got them until I had kids but I always wonder if that strain or whatever I got could have been prevented. It won't make you sick and it will protect you.

RIP BA. Prayers to your wife and child. I hope you got one big hug in from both the day this happened.

Late
Welcome back Frog!! Some of us were starting to worry about where you've been.
Old 11-04-2010   #116
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
You and I are in the same boat. My wife is actually extremely concerned but whatever. I have excellent medical coverage so that's not the issue... just don't want to be poked and prodded anymore. Had enough of people sticking their fingers in my ears for a lifetime. Now I'm supposed to let them go up the tailpipe? Right.

It is what it is...
If you can't/won't do it for yourself, man up and do it because you're a father and a husband. This is bigger than you, and you've got to accept the responsibilities that you are taking care of others and they care for you more than you could ever know.

I give this advice out of respect and friendship, bro'. I've changed my life in many fundamental ways in the past few years, and my inspiration is always a constant: my children and my wife.
Old 11-04-2010   #117
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If you can't/won't do it for yourself, man up and do it because you're a father and a husband. This is bigger than you, and you've got to accept the responsibilities that you are taking care of others and they care for you more than you could ever know.

I give this advice out of respect and friendship, bro'. I've changed my life in many fundamental ways in the past few years, and my inspiration is always a constant: my children and my wife.
Good post, kinda derailing the topic but I had a coworker who died from a motorcycle accident bout five months ago. He was a notorious hard rider, going too fast everywhere he went. He had a wife and kids and now there is nothing but a widow and children who will live the rest of their lives without their father, a little girl who won't have her daddy walk her down the aisle. All because he was too selfish to stop and think about how his actions could impact those he loves the most. Sad, so very sad.
Old 11-04-2010   #118
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:

Awesomeness!!!

While I'm not married, nor do I have children, I take care of myself for my parents and my sister. My parents would be devastated if they had to bury their baby son. It's my job to bury them when that day comes.

This is why I fight the urge to not see the doctor and go and get checked out every year. I even get flu shots yearly now, which I never used to (see Frog's post about flu like symptoms that caused him heart troubles and near death)...
Old 11-04-2010   #119
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Good post, kinda derailing the topic but I had a coworker who died from a motorcycle accident bout five months ago. He was a notorious hard rider, going too fast everywhere he went. He had a wife and kids and now there is nothing but a widow and children who will live the rest of their lives without their father, a little girl who won't have her daddy walk her down the aisle. All because he was too selfish to stop and think about how his actions could impact those he loves the most. Sad, so very sad.
I also ride hard. 3 arrests for reckless driving and counting...

Man... I'm doomed and a bad husband and father. Shows how little you know. Oh well.
Old 11-04-2010   #120
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:

And I respectfully reject the advice. I wasn't looking for any. I'm not perfect but I'm a very good father and husband. Thank you.

Do good and be good is my mantra.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read