Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-31-2010   #1
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Tennessee Road Trip

Anyone going to the Tennessee game in December? My wife and I are seriously considering a trip? We haven't decided if we are flying or driving yet...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Tennessee Road Trip

I'm not going to that game, but thought I'd piggy back this in this thread.

I know Tennessee lost today, but watching the highlights..... it is unreal the way Tennessee receivers always get so wide open.

It's ridiculous the attention teams pay to CJ2K.
Old 11-01-2010   #3
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

I will be there. Nashville is my hometown.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #4
TITAN1
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of FamerTITAN1 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
Anyone going to the Tennessee game in December? My wife and I are seriously considering a trip? We haven't decided if we are flying or driving yet...
If you do check out our tailgate thread at titanstailgate.com. We would love for you to join us.
TITAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was seriously thinking about it, but, after tonight not sure I'm going to any OOT games. Just not paying hard earned bucks to see our boys get their asses kicked on the road.

It's not the loss that hurts, it's the WAY we lose! Fisher has always out coached us, and I don't see this year being any different.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Hell, I'd go just to go back to Nashville.... we make fun of them enough, but it's a nice place.

But not this year unfortunately.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Planning on it
Old 11-05-2010   #8
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Wife and I are celebrating our 15th Wedding anniversary on New Years, but canít get away for travel that weekend so she and I decided to take a road trip to Nashville for the game. So we will be there!!!! Glad to see some friendly faces will be there too!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tennessee is a friendly road trip in itself. Great town sucky football team
Old 11-06-2010   #10
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

We are going! Any suggestions on seats? Which side of the stadium should I sit on?
Old 11-06-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We are going! Any suggestions on seats? Which side of the stadium should I sit on?
Last year I was in the north corner, visitor's sideline (106). There'll be the usual brats, but nothing worth calling security/punching someone over... and I met someone at the game, really nice guy and his wife, about JB's age, we still chat every so-often.

*Also, if anyone drives (granted, I went in Sept, this is Dec), the Natchez Trace Parkway is a really nice way to travel through northern MS and TN.
Old 11-07-2010   #12
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3733 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Last year I was in the north corner, visitor's sideline (106). There'll be the usual brats, but nothing worth calling security/punching someone over... and I met someone at the game, really nice guy and his wife, about JB's age, we still chat every so-often.

*Also, if anyone drives (granted, I went in Sept, this is Dec), the Natchez Trace Parkway is a really nice way to travel through northern MS and TN.
We are driving and plan on taking that route...just curious to what the weather will be like.

Anyone know if 5th row behind the visitor bench is "too low"? Is it high enough to see most of the field between the 40s or will the players block the view up to the line? I understand I won't be able to see the near sidline, but I'm curious if I'll be albe to see the near hashmark? I've been an "endzoner" my entire Oiler/Texan life so I have no idea what to expect from the side line that low. Kind of like Nascar (TMS), to see 85% of the track you need to be up about row 50.
Old 11-07-2010   #13
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Not trying to be a smartass, but here's the seating chart for LP Field.

Old 11-07-2010   #14
Revolution
All Pro

I've looked there! I am talking about how the sun hits the stadium. I have a severe sensitivity to light, so I prefer to have the sun to my back if at all possible. I think that means sitting on the side closest to the Cumberland River.
Old 11-07-2010   #15
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I've looked there! I am talking about how the sun hits the stadium. I have a severe sensitivity to light, so I prefer to have the sun to my back if at all possible. I think that means sitting on the side closest to the Cumberland River.
You are probably right since that would be the West side. The is lower in the southern sky now, and since the time changed it wil be an hour further towards the western sky and past being in your face or directly above. I would think you'd be fine anywhere from the south endzone on around to the west side where you mentioned. Never been there myself, just going by what I would believe to be correct considering the layout of the field. Down low on the west side, you might even be in the shade at some point in the second half.
Old 11-14-2010   #16
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 16897 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

If you're on the west side the sun will be gone about 15-30 minutes after kickoff in December.

We'd love for you to join us tailgating! If you need any help or suggestions for things to do, please feel free to ask or read through some of the threads in Tana's forum.
Old 11-15-2010   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
We are driving and plan on taking that route...just curious to what the weather will be like.

Anyone know if 5th row behind the visitor bench is "too low"? Is it high enough to see most of the field between the 40s or will the players block the view up to the line? I understand I won't be able to see the near sidline, but I'm curious if I'll be albe to see the near hashmark? I've been an "endzoner" my entire Oiler/Texan life so I have no idea what to expect from the side line that low. Kind of like Nascar (TMS), to see 85% of the track you need to be up about row 50.
Nashville's climatology is 48/31 with little to no snow, and this winter should be near-normal for central TN. I'll get better climate predictions first of DEC.

I was in the corner, walked down to the front rows pre-game, it looked like it should be high enough to get a good view of midfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
Old 11-15-2010   #18
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvette View Post
If you're on the west side the sun will be gone about 15-30 minutes after kickoff in December.

We'd love for you to join us tailgating! If you need any help or suggestions for things to do, please feel free to ask or read through some of the threads in Tana's forum.
Just might take you up on that Yvette! More to come as things get ironed out.
Old 11-15-2010   #19
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

I have decided that I will not spend a dime on travel for a team that cannot win
'
Old 11-16-2010   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I will be there. Nashville is my hometown.
We all have our crosses to bear, darlin'!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read