Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-31-2010   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Coach Favre

Man this hump is beyond the fundimentals of football, If he can't play the coach suffers. wHAT A HUMP DUDE YOU GOT A BROKEN LEG ET OUT OF THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2010   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Coach Favre

Childress should get fired and coach the Cowboys. Jerry Jones likes guys who take coaching orders from others.

The more Favre pads his streak, the more some people lose respect for it. It's no longer a statement about toughness and durability; at this point it's a statement about his ego and selfishness.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #3
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this dude will quit till he gets paralyzed, Send Childress to Dallas and get Tony Romos ass back on the feild.
Old 10-31-2010   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, now it looks like he's got a broken jaw after taking a helmet to the face.

If he plays next week, man . . .
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #5
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I DO NOT care what anyone has to say that is neg about Favre!! It's just to bad that half the players in the NFL don't have the guts, fortitude, passion, and TALENT this man has!! Brett is OLD SCHOOL football, and that is something that is being deleted every damn year. I admire him, and his attitude toward the game is something we will not see much of in the future. Bet ya a friggin buck or two that he won't let a broken jaw slow him down. Not like some of these wussies that sit the bench because they have a sore toe!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I DO NOT care what anyone has to say that is neg about Favre!! It's just to bad that half the players in the NFL don't have the guts, fortitude, passion, and TALENT this man has!! Brett is OLD SCHOOL football, and that is something that is being deleted every damn year. I admire him, and his attitude toward the game is something we will not see much of in the future. Bet ya a friggin buck or two that he won't let a broken jaw slow him down. Not like some of these wussies that sit the bench because they have a sore toe!!
Favre rocks!!!!! I hope he plays for another 10 years!!

Retired your sig? Farewell, Kris...
Old 11-01-2010   #7
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Favre rocks!!!!! I hope he plays for another 10 years!!

Retired your sig? Farewell, Kris...
Yep!! Said I'd keep it until he signed with another team! With that done, come next Sunday, he's the enemy!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-01-2010   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Emphasis mine.

There was a time when I believed that but not anymore. Old school football players aren't like this. They aren't drama queens or attention whores like Brett is. Old school guys get their butts in camp even if they limit the time they practice because they're older than their teammates.

Old school players didn't make their team suffer through the first 3-4 weeks of the season while they get back in playing shape and get back in synch with their receivers. Old school players don't need four guys to come to their house and stroke their ego to get onto a practice field.

Brett Favre looks more and more like Brett Michaels every year. He should just go ahead and get the reality show that he's heading for and be done with it. I've got respect left for him. Maybe he could coach but I doubt that threatening to retire from coaching every year would give him the satisfaction he needs to feed his ego.
Old 11-01-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Kids these days.

However, before the game, my wife & I were watching NFL Gameday morning, & they showed Bret arriving at Jets stadium. There was another camera in his face.

I was pissed, and flipped to ESPN..... Farve walking down the stadium.

Flipped to Fox.... Farve walking down the stadium...

I told my wife I understand people hating on all the media coverage, but it's not his fault NFLN, Fox & ESPN are all up his ass.

Last edited by thunderkyss; 11-01-2010 at 08:15 AM.
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Kids these days.

However, before the game, my wife & I were watching NFL Gameday morning, & they showed Bret arriving at Jets stadium. There was another camera in his face.

I was pissed, and flipped to ESPN..... Farve walking down the stadium.

Flipped to Fax.... Farve walking down the stadium...

I told my wife I understand people hating on all the media coverage, but it's not his fault NFLN, Fox & ESPN are all up his ass.
They are not only up in his face but they have also painted a target on Favre's back. It's amazing just how much players have it out for him. Watching Favre get up after one violent takedown after another... after another...

Brett Favre is the manliest Jersey Shore wannabe in the National Football League.
Old 11-01-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Well, now it looks like he's got a broken jaw after taking a helmet to the face.

If he plays next week, man . . .
I thought the same thing, especially the way he was all fetal while riding in the cart. 8 stitches caused the most durable QB in the league to act like he had his face caved in? I like Favre, but man, he really acted like a puh c yesterday.
Old 11-01-2010   #12
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

hush, little baby, don't say a word...............................
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #13
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I thought the same thing, especially the way he was all fetal while riding in the cart. 8 stitches caused the most durable QB in the league to act like he had his face caved in? I like Favre, but man, he really acted like a puh c yesterday.
NO, he did not HT!! He did what he was told. He was bleeding and they thought he might have a broken jaw. You turn them on their side if you're not sure so the blood can drain out of the mouth. IF he had broken his jaw, coughing up blood would be real difficult. We're not down on that field to know what they assessed, but, I'm assuming they thought he had fractured his jaw. At least that's what all the media guys were saying. They took precautions and Brett did what he was told. JMO!

HERV! Old school football players did NOT have constant media coverage, and jacka**es with microphones glued to every part of their body, following them around, camping out at their house, bugging their phones, and invading every minute of their private life. It's easy to paint someone as a "drama queen" or an "attention whore" when they have a constant barage of media type wanting to get their own 15 min of fame. Sure, he's made mistakes, BUT, he always comes out swinging. How many Houston Texans do you know that would play with a broken foot? Hell, Kubiak makes them sit the bench if they have a hangnail!! I think he's very OLD SCHOOL, and gives them his all, regardless of his age, or media hype. He does it because he loves the GAME of football and for some reason does not want to give it up.
Old 11-01-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
NO, he did not HT!!
I'd love to see any "man" on this board take a shot like that to the jaw from a guy half that LBs size & walk off the field.

Dude's helmet hit Favre on the chin. Not on the Helmet, not on the facemask, not on the shoulder pad.

On the chin.
Old 11-01-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'd love to see any "man" on this board take a shot like that to the jaw from a guy half that LBs size & walk off the field.

Dude's helmet hit Favre on the chin. Not on the Helmet, not on the facemask, not on the shoulder pad.

On the chin.
Actually, it hit his shoulder first and rode up & hit the chin.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see what the big deal is. We talk about players needing to step up on the Texans all the time. If the coach isn't going to coach the team, Favre might as well step up and do it.
Old 11-02-2010   #17
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Shrug, I don't think he was coming back this year anyways.. They came down there and talked him into going to training camp. This should be his last year he's just too banged up now.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

You know it's going to be a game....who will be the legend killer? Sit Brett, sit. Good boy.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read