Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2010   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts plan to get after Foster

IndiStar writes that Foster essentially wearing a target.

Quote:
Memories still fresh of Texans RB rushing for 231 yards in opener.

The Indianapolis Colts can't help but remember Arian Foster. How could they forget? They saw the name on the back of his jersey often enough Sept. 12.

The question is, will a defense that allowed the Houston Texans running back to go off for a franchise-record 231 yards be less submissive the second time around?

"Monday night will be the tell for how much improvement we have made from that Week 1 game," said Colts middle linebacker Gary Brackett, referring to the Texans' prime-time visit to Lucas Oil Stadium in a clash of 4-2 teams.

The Colts are allowing 137.3 yards rushing per game, 26th in the NFL. In four wins, the swift tacklers who usually swarm to the ball have allowed an average of 98.3 yards on the ground. In two losses, the same guys look more undersized and overpowered to the tune of a 215.5-yard average.

"Put that stuff to sleep," Colts weakside linebacker Clint Session said of being worn down by Foster's 191 second-half yards in a humbling 34-24 loss.

Session, who missed most of the preseason with a pectoral injury, pulled a hamstring in the Texans' onslaught. He missed two games. Now he looks more like the hit machine fans expect, with 10 tackles in each of the past two games.

"They ain't gonna try to run me over, trust me," he said. "They ain't gonna run me over."

But the Colts know the Texans' plan is to pound the ball with zone- and gap-blocking schemes. Foster, an undrafted second-year pro who spent most of his rookie season on the practice squad, has flourished in a system that demands one decisive cut. The Texans are No. 1 in rushing average at 5.2 yards per carry.

"Naturally, when you play a team twice, you tend to look at what you did wrong in that game," Foster said on a Thursday conference call. "I'm pretty sure they'll have corrections."

Houston also possesses one of the NFL's more accomplished passing attacks with quarterback Matt Schaub, who led the league in passing yards in 2009, and wide receiver Andre Johnson, the league's best in receiving yards two seasons running.

But Foster has opened eyes around the league and on his own team. While he played well toward the end of 2009, the Texans still used a second-round draft pick on Ben Tate. The backfield competition didn't materialize when Tate was lost for the season after breaking an ankle in the preseason opener.

"Has he surprised everybody? Yeah, he's surprised somewhat," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said of Foster. "But he's had a lot of help. We've given him some opportunities up front."

Foster is averaging 5.5 yards per carry. Half of his six touchdowns came against the Colts. His 635 rushing yards rank fourth in the league.

"I'm self-validated, man," Foster said. "I don't really need anybody's approval or anybody's criticism because I'm my worst critic. You hear that all the time, but for great athletes it's the truth because they always expect so much of themselves.

"I'm not out to try to prove the league wrong. I'm out to play good football and prove I belong."

Foster did just that in the season opener. The Colts defense is determined to prove something when they meet again.

"To be honest with you, when you look at that game, we weren't playing our defense," Colts defensive tackle Dan Muir said. "Our defense is fast and we run. That's what we've got to get to this week. Coming out there, just run. You make a mistake, just run. We do that, we should be fine.

"Yeah, they whupped us last time, but that was last time. It's a new week."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #2
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts plan to get after Foster

This is gonna be a hell of a good game!! I can't wait!! I have a feeling Foster has enough p*ss and vinegar in his blood to laugh all the way to another 200+ yd game. If not, MS will have his first 500 yd game. Either way, I'm playing AJ and AF on my FF team!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
IndiStar writes that Foster essentially wearing a target.
That's cool, AJ and Owen are wearing targets too.
Old 10-30-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This is gonna be a hell of a good game!! I can't wait!! I have a feeling Foster has enough p*ss and vinegar in his blood to laugh all the way to another 200+ yd game. If not, MS will have his first 500 yd game. Either way, I'm playing AJ and AF on my FF team!!

Yep! I'm thinking that the Colts are going to stack the line early, so Matt is going to slice them up. Then when they back off, Adrian is going to dice them up.

Old 10-30-2010   #5
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Yep! I'm thinking that the Colts are going to stack the line early, so Matt is going to slice them up. Then when they back off, Adrian is going to dice them up.

Old 10-30-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
oops... fingers flying while watching tv is my only excuse

JB!!!
Old 10-30-2010   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

In other news, Matt Schaub plans on getting after the Colts.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-30-2010   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
oops... fingers flying while watching tv is my only excuse

JB!!!
Monk?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

First play: Play action to Foster and hit one of our many targets for a Texans first down.
Old 10-30-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
First play: Play action to Foster and hit one of our many targets for a Texans first down.
remember the first play of the Seattle game last year?
Old 10-30-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52901 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
remember the first play of the Seattle game last year?
Yeah, and a third of my family's Seattle fans.
Old 10-30-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Yeah, and a third of my family's Seattle fans.
Must of been sweet! Did you have to point out that AJ is a BEAST!!!?
Old 10-30-2010   #13
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No shiyiat! Pick your poison biznitches!
Old 10-30-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
No shiyiat! Pick your poison biznitches!
I love that word!!!
Old 10-30-2010   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Must of been sweet! Did you have to point out that AJ is a BEAST!!!?
No, I think they got it after that.
Old 10-30-2010   #16
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

thats cool yall can forget all about #80 and let him burn u for Sevens

and TBO i think they will see some Ward and slaton has well SLaton usually has pretty good games aganist the colts
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010   #17
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts are all talk until they prove they can stop the run-Foster!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #18
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"To be honest with you, when you look at that game, we weren't playing our defense," Colts defensive tackle Dan Muir said. "Our defense is fast and we run. That's what we've got to get to this week. Coming out there, just run. You make a mistake, just run. We do that, we should be fine.
Yep, you'll be running, but Foster will be running faster so I don't see how running will help.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

I think we'll see a distinct improvement seeing that we'll fortunately be facing a 4-3 D....................a Colts 4-3....................a relatively weak 4-3.............THERE IS HOPE....................

COLTS HEAD D-LINE STRENGTH COACH

THROUGHOUT THE BYE BREAK, THE COLTS D STRENGTH COACH HAS PUT THE LINE THROUGHT THE MILL.

Old 10-31-2010   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have run the ball well on the Colts, in the Kubiak era. Both of the Texans wins vs. Indy featured big games by the RBs. Slaton had a huge game in '08, in a losing cause. The problem has been getting down early and having to abandon the run.

Whether it's just the lack of size on the Colts defensive front, or something fundamental in their scheme, Indy has had problems with the Kubiak/Gibbs zone runs. I think it's a combination of both. The key to exploiting this weakness is not getting behind 3 scores in the 1st half. The Texans must come out aggressive on offense and put points up. And, the defense has to get some stops. Basically, a good start keeps the running game in play. And that keeps the ball out of #18's hands.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read