Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-29-2010   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peyton Manning: Diminishing Skills?!

Quote:
"Quarterback Peyton Manning and "Monday Night Football" analyst Ron Jaworski are good friends. Still, Jaworski might best be ready for Manning to sling a high hard one his way when they meet for an interview during the production meeting that will follow the Colts' Saturday practice.

"I think I know what you're referring to only because someone's told me, but to have fun with him would mean what he said actually had an effect," Manning deadpanned playfully Thursday. "It would be giving him too much credit."

It was a few days after Manning threw for a handsome but season-low 244 yards against Kansas City that Jaworski, the old quarterback and well-studied analyst, was a guest on ESPN's "Mike & Mike in the Morning" radio show.

"The last couple weeks, as I've studied Peyton Manning, he has not been real sharp," Jaworski said. "Maybe there does come a time when the skills start to diminish a little bit."

And, "I'm not saying it is, but I'm seeing little signs now that the deep sideline throws are not as accurate as they used to be, there's not the zip on the ball that there used to be."

Asked Thursday about his comments, Jaworski laughed.

"He's my favorite quarterback in the history of the NFL, but I just don't make comments up. When I said that, I was looking at the Kansas City game and there were some throws that he can make blindfolded that he missed.

"And I said to the guys, you know father time could be catching up; he's 34 years old. But it's something we all have to be realistic about, too. He's not going to play at this ridiculous level his whole career. There's going to come a time when his skill set's going to regress a little bit. I saw some signs where, ahhh, maybe after 13 years he may not be quite the Peyton Manning we've become accustomed to seeing.""
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/commen...ls-426627.html

Please leave him alone Jaworski.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #2
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning: Diminishing Skills?!

Diminishing skills ...... my ass! Diminishing team .... yeah, I will buy into that. He is 2-5 year away fro the 'Stick a fork in him he is done" time zone. I dame sure wish it were sooner.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Diminishing skills ...... my ass! Diminishing team .... yeah, I will buy into that. He is 2-5 year away fro the 'Stick a fork in him he is done" time zone. I dame sure wish it were sooner.
Yeah...

I'm with you...

I just wish Jaws wouldn't have poked the sleeping bear the week before we played them...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #4
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Peyton Manning at "diminishing skill level" is STILL better than at least 90% of the QBs in Canton.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Eli did say hes getting up there LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Peyton Manning at "diminishing skill level" is STILL better than at least 90% of the QBs in Canton.
this
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Im terrified that he and his diminishing skills will be in the afc south for the next decade
Old 11-01-2010   #8
mootini
1stdown!!!!!

Rep Power: 5440 mootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respectedmootini is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe a little with age, but I doubt it? The real reason is his supporting cast is injuried and the defense is poor. The guy can't do it all. If Manning loses any of OL, he will really be hurting. Pressure is Manning down fall...when his uniform is clean, he is unstoppable...but w/dirt..he throws picks.
mootini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010   #9
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
As good as it would be for the Texans, I don't wish it would come sooner. I love watching Peyton Manning play, and I assume I won't see another like him for awhile and possibly ever. I can't help it, he's just so much fun to watch.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010   #10
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1491 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I really like watching Manning play QB, it's amazing what a team can do when their OC and QB are the same person. I hate that the Texans play against him twice a year, but I think I'll be an old man before I see another quarterback as good as him.
midway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read