Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-29-2010   #1
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ode to the Texans Defense (Radio Gold!)

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/...0/19/whiner-line-tuesday/

Apologies for subjecting you to the Rich Lord commentary...but hang in there until the 3:00 mark of the audio...an absolutely hilarious parody from the caller!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #2
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1371 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ode to the Texans Defense

Sorry man, I can't bring myself to do it. The sound of Rich Lord's stupid fat face flapping makes me cringe.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #3
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Sorry man, I can't bring myself to do it. The sound of Rich Lord's stupid fat face flapping makes me cringe.
mute it until the 3:00 mark...it's worth the effort. For reals.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 115966 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Barely competent receiver should be a pro bowl alternate at worst!

Oh, and K-Burnt fell down.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What's that a pardody of? I know I have heard the voice and the tempo before but don't know the origin.
Old 10-29-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

The correct title to thread should be "Odor of the defense".
Old 10-29-2010   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Best call on 610 of all times.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2010   #8
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1371 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

I caved in and listened. I wasn't very optimistic since this thread title suggested it would be a song or poem. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Quality play-by-play. A+++ WOULD LAWL AGAIN!
Old 10-29-2010   #9
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 114345 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

lmao that was awesome!
Old 10-29-2010   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
What's that a pardody of? I know I have heard the voice and the tempo before but don't know the origin.
its of the (really,really) old-school play by play radio guys

that was class....

my favourite part was: 'glover quin, on hearing the whistle, will momentarily look up from his gameboy and slowly make his way back to the defensive huddle where my soul slowly dies just a little bit more with every passing play'
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #11
SrslySirius
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
its of the (really,really) old-school play by play radio guys
It is a very common voice tone for all sorts of media people from the early 20th century. A kind of nasaly, flat sort of tone. Think back to any instructional black and white videos they used to show in schools (that's right, Billy. scrub with soap AND water), or certain newsreels.
Old 11-10-2010   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The funniest thing I have heard about Texans Defense...Radio Gold!!!

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/11/08/...ay-on-defense/

Enjoy.

About 1:30 long. pretty short.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #13
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The funniest thing I have heard about Texans Defense...Radio Gold!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/11/08/...ay-on-defense/

Enjoy.

About 1:30 long. pretty short.
I can't even laugh because its so accurate.

Which game was that from?
Old 11-10-2010   #14
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The funniest thing I have heard about Texans Defense...Radio Gold!!!

Funny stuff.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #15
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #16
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure. I think it was done after the MNF game and re-aired this week after the SD game. I happened to catch it early when they played it like at 7:00 in the morning. Luckily my office was empty as I laughed my ass off hard.

I just listened to it again a few times.

"Kareem Jackson falls down"

GOLD!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010   #17
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I'm not sure. I think it was done after the MNF game and re-aired this week after the SD game. I happened to catch it early when they played it like at 7:00 in the morning. Luckily my office was empty as I laughed my ass off hard.

I just listened to it again a few times.

"Kareem Jackson falls down"

GOLD!
haha this is whats even sadder. It could have come from many of our games!
Old 11-10-2010   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Freakin' hilarious!!
Old 11-10-2010   #19
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, that is one funny piece.

Kareem Jackson falls down
Old 11-10-2010   #20
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

and kareem jackson will fall down!! omg that was awesome lol
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read