Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-28-2010   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Worst player in the NFL?

Quote:
The Buffalo Bills defense is ranked last in the NFL in points allowed. The unit has allowed the most rushing yards in the league. Its point differential is an NFL-worst -77. And, of course, the Bills are the only team in the NFL without a win. So if the Bills defense is the worst unit of the worst team in the league, does that mean the defense's worst player is also the worst player in the entire NFL?

[Related: The biggest draft busts of the decade]

Evidently, according to Jerry Sullivan of the Buffalo News. In a Thursday column, Sullivan says second-year linebacker Aaron Maybin(notes) is the worst player in the NFL because he can't get on the field for the Bills defense:

It's quite possible that Maybin is the worst player in the NFL (though a case could be made for John McCargo(notes), another former Bills' first-rounder who has been inactive all six games).

There's a good chance Maybin will be inactive again this week [he wasn't activated last week in Baltimore, the first time that has happened in his pro career] against Kansas City, the NFL's top rushing team. After a year and a half, he hasn't gotten better. If anything, he's regressed. Maybin has 21 tackles in 21 games. He has no sacks. This season, he's been on the field for 66 plays, with few tangible results.

The Bills gave Maybin a $15 million signing bonus after his holdout in 2009. That's not the sort of return on investment that made capitalism great. If Maybin were some seventh-round pick -- like, say, Ryan Fitzpatrick(notes) or Stevie Johnson -- he'd be long gone by now.

Maybin was the 11th pick of the 2009 draft. He's already been moved from defensive end to linebacker, but hasn't found his role in the Bills' new 4-3 scheme. Coaches won't put him on special teams and undrafted rookies are getting more playing time than him.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-280632
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worst player in the NFL?

Wow. I knew it was a bad pick, but damn.
Old 10-28-2010   #3
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I think David Carr is worse...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember being so happy that John McCargo was traded to the Colts a couple years ago.

*SIGH*

I sure wish he passed his physical then.
Old 10-28-2010   #5
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad they didn't take Cushing!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #6
IBleedTexans
Superbowl Bound

Rep Power: 3223 IBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedIBleedTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I'm glad they didn't take Cushing!
I think we would have taken Mathews (which at the time wanted more than cushing)
Not a bad second choice if you ask me.
IBleedTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #7
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearSuperMario View Post
I think we would have taken Mathews (which at the time wanted more than cushing)
Not a bad second choice if you ask me.
Yeah we get Matthews if Cushing wasn't there.
Old 10-29-2010   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109227 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Yeah we get Matthews if Cushing wasn't there.
So who would you rather have right now? Matthews or Cushing?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
So who would you rather have right now? Matthews or Cushing?
I think it really depends on what we have when Cushing comes back. Until we see him on the field again and playing like he did last year I'll be hesitant to say we made the right choice.

When does Brian come back? I forget.
Old 10-29-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think it really depends on what we have when Cushing comes back. Until we see him on the field again and playing like he did last year I'll be hesitant to say we made the right choice.

When does Brian come back? I forget.
He'll be back next year. I guess he can't seem to shake this ill-famed sophomore slump. I say room him with Neil Rackers. Neil can flat out get to the ball from the opposite ends of the field! Maybe he can shed some of that hustle magic back over to Cushing.

Cushing done lost his mojo.
Old 10-29-2010   #11
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like this writer, he's not afraid to be critical of the team. I wish we had writers in Houston that would be critical of the team instead of guys that stand in line to drink the red kool-aid. If we had guys like this, ones that told the truth, then more people might be upset with McNair and demand some changes. Maybin came from Penn St., who was the last good player to come from Penn St.?
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #12
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 18298 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I like this writer, he's not afraid to be critical of the team. I wish we had writers in Houston that would be critical of the team instead of guys that stand in line to drink the red kool-aid. If we had guys like this, ones that told the truth, then more people might be upset with McNair and demand some changes. Maybin came from Penn St., who was the last good player to come from Penn St.?
LaVarr Arrington, wanted mo' money so he went to the Skins' where he ended his career due to injury. On the topic of Aaron Maybin, I think he was overrated coming out of college. Grossly undersized as a DE IMO (6'4" 248-lbs), I compared him as the next Manny Lawson...good college career, doesn't translate into the NFL.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413120 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah cuz all Richard Justice does is hump the Texans' leg right?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read