Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-28-2010   #1
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jeremiah Johnson released by Redskins

According to Rotoworld...just making note of the former Texan.

" James Davis will take Jeremiah Johnson's spot on the Redskins practice squad.

That was short-lived, as Johnson was signed less than 12 hours ago. The Redskins evidently like the upside of Davis more than that of Johnson."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=5172
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jeremiah Johnson released by Redskins

Since Slaton may not play this next game it may be a good pick up for us...

At least as a practice squad edition...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

How his preseason wasn't enough to warrant a spot here...I just don't know.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #4
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

He has probably not rehabbed/recovered from his dislocated toe.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #5
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

100% agree timekiller - He played very well when given the opportunity. He has a knack for letting his blockers set up before hitting the hole. At first I thought he wasn't really running at full tilt until I watched a bit more of him and realized he is just more patient than most and probably lacks the burst of a first team back.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

If his toe is not dislocated anymore I would like to see him resigned by the Texans. And then the Texans cut Slaton.
Old 10-28-2010   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
100% agree timekiller - He played very well when given the opportunity. He has a knack for letting his blockers set up before hitting the hole. At first I thought he wasn't really running at full tilt until I watched a bit more of him and realized he is just more patient than most and probably lacks the burst of a first team back.
Like Foster, he also ran this zone scheme in college......Oregon is notorious for their zone scheme (which is why I was really high on Unger when he came out), it's the reason why they're starting to turn out good RBs at the next level. (Jonathan Stewart and now LeGarrette Blount in TB...who I still think the Texans should've taken a late round flier on).

During the preseason J. Johnson was easily our second best back and who I think (if healthy) could be signed and step in and be our second best back. Like Foster he gets every yard available and sets up his blocks very well.

We don't know all the details on the toe injury, but if he's healthy I hope we sign him. With that position it only takes one injury to make what was a strength on your team into a weakness. We still have 10 more games to play and if Foster goes down all we have is old man Ward and Steve "Dude, where's my game?" Slaton.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-29-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-28-2010   #8
Cush
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161 Cush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respectedCush is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't know that he went to Oregon and is familiar with our scheme - makes perfect sense that he would look so comfortable in it though.
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I've believed for some time that Jeremiah Johnson will prove to be a "better Steve Slaton". We need to get him back here somehow. With Foster & Ward you have two big guys who can carry the load and Johnson is the perfect guy for that change-of-pace 3rd down role.
Old 10-29-2010   #10
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Why the **** did Tate have to go and get himself injured?!?

**** YOU FOOTBALL INJURIES TO ROOKIES AND OTHER IMPORTANT PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Like Foster, he also ran this zone scheme in college......Oregon is notorious for their zone scheme (which is why I was really high on Unger when he came out), it's the reason why they're starting to turn out good RBs at the next level. (Jonathan Stewart and now LeGarrette Blount in TB...who I still think the Texans should've taken a late round flier on).

During the preseason J. Johnson was easily our second best back and who I think (if healthy) could be signed and step in and be our second best back. Like Foster he gets every yard available and sets up his blocks very well.

We don't know all the details on the toe injury, but if he's healthy I hope we sign him. With that position it only takes one injury to make what was a strength on your team into a weakness. We still have 10 more games to play and if Foster goes down all we have is old man Ward and Steve "Dude, where's my game?" Slaton.
Agreed. If he had not hurt his toe I think he'd be our second back.
Old 10-29-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

I agree. If something like that were to happen 8 weeks from now, & we go looking for a RB, and JJ is sitting on his couch, fat from eating Marshmallows all day.... that would suck.

Makes more sense to put him on the PS (I don't believe we have a RB on the PS now) Keep him healthy for the year.

Next year, deal Slaton & decide to resign Ward or move JJ into the rotation.

He's just got the coolest name....
Old 10-29-2010   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I've believed for some time that Jeremiah Johnson will prove to be a "better Steve Slaton". We need to get him back here somehow. With Foster & Ward you have two big guys who can carry the load and Johnson is the perfect guy for that change-of-pace 3rd down role.
He's short (5'9") but at 218lbs, there ain't nothing small about him. He's a big back, just like Ward.

I still think he would be a great change of pace back though, because his style is so different from Ward or Foster. The way he uses his blockers, very nice.
Old 10-29-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Trade Slaton, but what is value right now?
Old 10-29-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Trade Slaton, but what is value right now?
We won't be able to trade Slaton until the end of the season anyway, so his value now doesn't matter. He needs to get involved on gameday, break off a few good plays.... sky's the limit, kids got talent.
Old 10-29-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Jeremiah was a bullfrog?
Old 10-29-2010   #17
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Jeremiah was a bullfrog?
He was a good friend of mine...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Bullfrogs don't do very well with dislocated toes.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010   #19
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

we keep letting slaton return kicks we will ruin his trade value.
Old 10-29-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Bullfrogs don't do very well with dislocated toes.
Pretty good point...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read