Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-27-2010   #1
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I have this foolish idea...

...that the defense is saving the good stuff for this, the second game against the Colts. That they're playing possum with all of the predictable pass rushing and soft zone coverage only to surprise Big Manning and sweep the Colts on the season.

I don't want to risk that kind of disappointment; someone disillusion me please.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #2
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I have this foolish idea...

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. Why would they possibly lose 4-6 games to beat the colts in week 8?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
...that the defense is saving the good stuff for this, the second game against the Colts. That they're playing possum with all of the predictable pass rushing and soft zone coverage only to surprise Big Manning and sweep the Colts on the season.

I don't want to risk that kind of disappointment; someone disillusion me please.
I don't know about waiting to play defense til this game but it seems like Mario plays so much harder when Manning is the QB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. Why would they possibly lose 4-6 games to beat the colts in week 8?
Because the monkey on their collective back is much more annoying than the giant 'no-playoffs' boulder they are dragging behind them!
Old 10-27-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt they are waiting until the Indy game to turn it up. What they are probably doing is waiting for the Indy game to show that they aren't as bad as the first six weeks of the season. They'll come out on fire.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #6
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If your saying the defense has something more to offer the Colts then in week 1, wow..... I would love to see that lol. Texans defense absolutely killed the Colts O line and Peyton in week 1. You can bet every single player on that O line has lookd at the tape and remembering what the Texans did to them. They were flat out embarrassed. They will have something in store for the defense as well.... (hopefully)
tylercoltsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #7
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

SSHHHHH!!! Not on the internet for everyone to see!

SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2010   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Because the monkey on their collective back is much more annoying than the giant 'no-playoffs' boulder they are dragging behind them!
Is there any way we can just force the monkey to drag the boulder, and then everyone else can go play football?
Old 10-27-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercoltsfan View Post
If your saying the defense has something more to offer the Colts then in week 1, wow..... I would love to see that lol. Texans defense absolutely killed the Colts O line and Peyton in week 1. You can bet every single player on that O line has lookd at the tape and remembering what the Texans did to them. They were flat out embarrassed. They will have something in store for the defense as well.... (hopefully)
Honestly, what is a Colt's fan perspective on this game?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #10
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 tylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedtylercoltsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Honestly, what is a Colt's fan perspective on this game?
Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Piere garcon, Anthony Gonzolez, and Donald Brown better show up this Monday night because that is the only way they will win this game. Brody is apparently in this Monday for tight end which I dont completely understand, but none the less its going to be an offensive shootout. If the O line can hold up and give Peyton some time its going to be a great game. Its in Indy and the team knows exactly what Houston did to them in week 1 so they will bring their A game.
Old 10-27-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Piere garcon, Anthony Gonzolez, and Donald Brown better show up this Monday night because that is the only way they will win this game. Brody is apparently in this Monday for tight end which I dont completely understand, but none the less its going to be an offensive shootout. If the O line can hold up and give Peyton some time its going to be a great game. Its in Indy and the team knows exactly what Houston did to them in week 1 so they will bring their A game.
What about Tamme? I thought he was the #2 TE?
Old 10-27-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I think they want to use Brody because of his blocking ability. We may see some 2 TE sets from them.
Old 10-27-2010   #13
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
So did I? But now I am hearing mixed things... But what it sounds like is Tamme isnt starting.. I really dont understand why, but I guess nothing is totally 100% yet. Tamme has always done well for the Colts when taking Dallas Clarks place. Maybe its still an option, but from what it sounds like from Caldwell is Tamme wont be starting Monday.
Old 10-27-2010   #14
tylercoltsfan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I think they want to use Brody because of his blocking ability. We may see some 2 TE sets from them.
Thats what I am thinking. But to put an inexprienced tight end in a game this important over Tamme boggles my mind.
Old 10-27-2010   #15
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Because they knew they could out score the opposing teams (at least three of them).

The offense seems to be running on all cylinders with the exception of a few sputtering times here and there and our QB has shown that one rare asset that EVERY team in the NFL needs......the ability to bring back their team from behind and put the game on your shoulders and get the W.

I am very happy Schaub is our QB.

**by the way, comment above about outscoring teams was sarcastic.....and a little dillusional**
Old 10-27-2010   #16
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I don't know about waiting to play defense til this game but it seems like Mario plays so much harder when Manning is the QB.
Only the Manning with #18 on his jersey. Number 10# not so much...
Old 10-27-2010   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I never shared this publicly, until now...

I, too, have wondered if it's a rope-a-dope type of move. Are we intentionally lulling the second half of the schedule (the tough guys) into thinking we're awful, and then we're going to switch gears and do things totally different.

You just don't see a big level of concern from the coaches. So is this all by design, to do just enough and to play "vanilla" so that you let your offense eek out a win vs. these first 6 or 7 opponents, and then you unleash your defense down the home stretch.

Because I know this defense could not have taken THAT big of a turn for the worse just by losing Dunta and Jacques. It's not logical to me. And you don't even hear the players acting like they're desperate.

I know this is a long shot, but maybe they are being held back on scheme and overall philosophy, on purpose, by the coaches JUST to totally make a switch at some point in time that they're waiting for. Like maybe MNF? Because we looked awful on MNF last year, which was also right after a bye week IIRC. Maybe this is a big ruse or something.

LOL. I'll buy that for a dollar :robocop:
Old 10-27-2010   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Our Texans better save some of their TRICKS or treats for the Titans. JMO! They seem to be the team to worry about, not the Colts. With all the injurys the Colts have all the Texans have to do is put pressure on Manning, and that's a HUGE whatever, BUT, with Cush at MLB, and the D playing anything like they did in week 1, we should be able to handle this game. I'm worried about the meatballs though.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #19
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 510 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thats what I am thinking. But to put an inexprienced tight end in a game this important over Tamme boggles my mind.
Do you even watch the Colts?

Eldridge has essentially started all year when they go two TE's. He is the 2nd TE behind Clark so your "inexperienced" description makes no sense. He has been experienced enough to play all year.

You keep talking about Tamme like he has all this experience. Tell me, which of his 6 career receptions was your favorite? But you will get your wish because Tamme will play extensively when they go two TE's.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010   #20
Indy Skinnz
Veteran

Rep Power: 510 Indy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respectedIndy Skinnz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Our Texans better save some of their TRICKS or treats for the Titans. JMO! They seem to be the team to worry about, not the Colts. With all the injurys the Colts have all the Texans have to do is put pressure on Manning, and that's a HUGE whatever, BUT, with Cush at MLB, and the D playing anything like they did in week 1, we should be able to handle this game. I'm worried about the meatballs though.
You know what? As a Colts fan I have the same wish as you. I hope the Texans D plays as it did in week one as well.
Indy Skinnz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read