Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2010   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 4153 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone else have the feeling that the bottom is about to drop on our season

I really don't want to be Debbie Downer or jinx the team in anyway but after watching as many AFC games as I could on Sunday Ticket yesterday, I just have the sinking feeling that the wheels are going to come off.

What pisses me off the most is that the ****ing Titans, the team I hate the most, looks like the team to beat in this division. I am about to throw up in my mouth. They beat the NY Giants a team that raped us at home and are undefeated against the NFC East. They have the type of defense that gives us fits.

Losing to the Titans at home on Monday night last year did a number on me. I am a Horn and having the whole VY thing come up again makes me sick to my stomach.

I'd feel more confident if our defense was merely below average rather than one of the worst defenses I have seen in 20+ years as an NFL fan.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #2
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else have the feeling that the bottom is about to drop on our season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I really don't want to be Debbie Downer or jinx the team in anyway but after watching as many AFC games as I could on Sunday Ticket yesterday, I just have the sinking feeling that the wheels are going to come off.

What pisses me off the most is that the ****ing Titans, the team I hate the most, looks like the team to beat in this division. I am about to throw up in my mouth. They beat the NY Giants a team that raped us at home and are undefeated against the NFC East. They have the type of defense that gives us fits.

Losing to the Titans at home on Monday night last year did a number on me. I am a Horn and having the whole VY thing come up again makes me sick to my stomach.

I'd feel more confident if our defense was merely below average rather than one of the worst defenses I have seen in 20+ years as an NFL fan.
You can't compare the Titans versus the Giants versus us. That never works, teams all match up differently, besides we never showed up anyway.

As far as the season goes I think it is what it is. This team is so unpredictable they could run the table and lose in the first round of the playoffs.

We have no choice but to take this team one game at a time, so don't go buying playoff tickets yet, but hey you never know.

If we take the Colts on Monday that will go a long way to shore up this teams confidence.

Remember last year the D sucked and then became respectable, we might get lucky again this year. The O has always been a little sluggish.
Old 10-25-2010   #3
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1371 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else have the feeling that the bottom is about to drop on our season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
You can't compare the Titans versus the Giants versus us. That never works, teams all match up differently, besides we never showed up anyway.
Awww, can we please? Pretty please?

Quote:
ASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Denver Broncos safety Brian Dawkins(notes) is having lots of fun watching Kyle Orton(notes) throw the ball around.

“It’s funny how this has worked out as far as the passing attack,” Dawkins said, “when it was considered at the beginning to be a weak part of our team.”

Not now. Not the way Orton is throwing the ball. He completed 35 of 50 passes for 341 yards despite being sacked six times, and found Correll Buckhalter(notes) for a 6-yard touchdown pass with 1:33 left to rally the Broncos to a 26-20 win Sunday over the Tennessee Titans.

Denver receiver Brandon Lloyd(notes) called knowledge power and said Orton is benefiting from being in his second season with coach Josh McDaniels’ offense.

“He is just turning out to be a really good quarterback,” Lloyd said.

Thanks to Orton’s performance, the Broncos (2-2) started a two-game road swing with a win. He also got plenty of help from a defense that limited the Titans (2-2) to 46 yards on offense and just three first downs in the second half. Chris Johnson ran for 53 yards on 19 carries with his longest run of eight yards giving the Titans their lone first down in the fourth quarter.

McDaniels said Denver blitzed two outside linebackers 55 or 60 times to contain Johnson.
Denver > Tennessee
Oakland > Denver (59-14, lol)
Houston > Oakland

Therefore...

Houston > Tennessee by at least 60 points per game.
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #4
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Fans: Expect the worst, hope for the best.
Old 10-26-2010   #5
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

i'm kinda worried myself.
Old 10-26-2010   #6
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
Denver > Tennessee
Oakland > Denver (59-14, lol)
Houston > Oakland

Therefore...

Houston > Tennessee by at least 60 points per game.
I like this reasoning. Super Bowl here we come!!
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #7
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

OK. We are 4-2 right now, and thus far have had the worst defense in the NFL. Our guys are young and can only get better, even if it is only slightly better. We have dealt with injuries and suspensions, but have battled through it nicely. The Cush and Duane Brown are back, and hopefully Bentley, Adibi and Sharpton are back too.

I have the oddest feeling that DeMeco getting injured is going to fire up this defense. I know, its stupid, but sometimes guys step up their game when a star guy goes down.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2010   #8
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

You must be thinking about the Cowboys (not the Texans)
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 34380 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

One less fan to high-five when we smash indy again.

Peace out, Cubs fan.
Old 10-26-2010   #10
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Watching all the games this week just made me think "any given Sunday" all day long. I mean come on, the moon, planets, stars, galaxies, and probably a few galaxy clusters had to align just right for the Faiders to put up 59 points on any team, ever.

The Titans looked terrible for 3 quarters and then suddenly went all Kubiak on the Eagles to close out the game. Both teams looked beatable to me.

The Texans are a momentum team so it's difficult to tell who they can beat or when they can beat them. If they get kicked in the face and have a boot on their neck they'll quit and mope. If they land a couple of shots you had better keep your guard up because they'll be landing the haymakers.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ummm, no.

It'll be a tough remaining schedule but I don't think the wheels are going to come off.
Old 10-26-2010   #12
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I mean come on, the moon, planets, stars, galaxies, and probably a few galaxy clusters had to align just right for the Faiders to put up 59 points on any team, ever.
Or the NFL just has to issue sever fines with the threat of suspension following it, for 'illegal' hits. Which made alot of defense's play 'scared' football.

As for the 'bottem falling out' thought, no. I think we are doing better than I expected this year with wins. The difference between a win and a loss in the NFL is microfine splitting of hairs. Look at Dallas and Giants last night. Giants turned it over all night long. Which typically results in a loss. But they won it. We have had games in the past we should have won and we lost.

Whatever is going on with the Texans right now, we are finding ways to WIN. And I am going to enjoy the ride until the bitter end and not go around waiting for the 'other shoe to drop. Just a matter of perspective.
Old 10-26-2010   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Anyone else have the feeling that the bottom is about to drop on our season?
If our D is unable to get better.....damn right I do
Old 10-26-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Anyone else have the feeling that the bottom is about to drop on our season
No!!
Old 10-26-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8fan View Post

Whatever is going on with the Texans right now, we are finding ways to WIN. And I am going to enjoy the ride until the bitter end and not go around waiting for the 'other shoe to drop. Just a matter of perspective.
The lone bright spot for out franchise this year.

& it's a good one.
Old 10-26-2010   #16
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
No!!
My answer exactly. Lets just wait and see what happens over the next few weeks before we run around saying the sky is falling.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #17
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

if we lose the next 3 games, then yes. But until then, we are still very much in it. These next 3 games all are very winnable, but also very dangerous. This will be the true test of where our team is at.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the bottom is dropping or that the sky is falling. I just see a challenge ahead and our team has to respond. Plain and simple. I'm not going to be scared of a team because their name is The Colts, Philly with Vick, and Titans or Chargers. I certainly don't want to root for a team that gets scared of that either. If there is one thing I can say about this team is that we can beat anybody on the schedule.

While people are saying that San Diego losing and Denver losing to Oakland and us beating Oakland doesn't mean anything. I would say it doesn't guarantee a win but it does show that anyone can beat anyone. That is why we will play the games.

Someone said that our defense getting fired up because of Demeco gone. I think it will present a problem for offenses because they don't have tape on Cushing playing MLB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #19
Andre_Johnson
Duck Fallas!

Section: Sec: 127 Row: C Seat: 18
Rep Power: 49 Andre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respectedAndre_Johnson is a quality contributor and well respected

Our Defense can't get much worse in terms of yards allowed and points allowed per game. No bottoms are dropping anytime soon, and The Cush is stepping up to take over at MLB. I can't wait to see the outcome of this!
Andre_Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
if we lose the next 3 games, then yes. But until then, we are still very much in it. These next 3 games all are very winnable, but also very dangerous. This will be the true test of where our team is at.
This is the position we've been in the last 2-3 years, going into November with a chance.

Then the bottom fell out.

I believe that is exactly what the OP is talking about.

DexmanC & THE NFL has been talking about this next stretch of games since before the season started. & it don't stop at 3.

@Indy (MNF)
San Diego
@ Jax
@ Jets
Titans
@Philly
Baltimore (MNF)
@ Tennessee
@ Denver
Jax (Jan 2nd)

If we get to the play-offs after that, there should be no question about Kubiak's coaching prowess. Our current record against those teams is the truly horrifying part of the whole thing.

One game at a time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read