Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2005   #1
prtfly4awhguy2
Rookie

Default possible middle round recievers

i was goin over the list of possible reciever we could grab, an was wondering what yall think of terrence murphy from Texas A&M. he could be the kind of guy were looking for as a number 2 with great speed an good hands, plus he can return kicks.

also, what about taylor stubblefield from purdue, im not sure if he is expected to go to high, but if i remember correctly, he had a pretty good year.

an also, i cant remember his name but he was a starter for tennessee, i was impressed by him in the cotton bowl.
prtfly4awhguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Brown

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...tonybrown.html
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #3
texansfaningermany
Rookie

dont need any receivers, need offense line still and a defensive end, like erasmus james
texansfaningermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Erasmus James is too small to play DE for us.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #5
texansfaningermany
Rookie

dan cody would be nice also
Old 03-28-2005   #6
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3791 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Both Dan Cody and Erasmus James would most likely have to play OLB for the Texans.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #7
texansfaningermany
Rookie

it is hard to keep track of things over here, but i would like to see one of them get taken by the texans
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2005   #8
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

recievers: gibson, murphy, brown, jones, bradley, roby, and jackson
oline in the middle rounds: terry, colmer, britt, munoz, cj brooks, synder, wilkerson, carter
de: haye, verdon, babineaux, alexander, ratliff, mcgruder
nt: bryant, means, pouha, jefferson
Old 03-29-2005   #9
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

My 2 cents: I am hoping Starling & Armstrong work with AJ & Gafney. I would look in 3rd round for another WR. If by chance Benson falls & we take him, we then probably are over loaded @ receiver as DD & Benson would get most of offensive plays IMO.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #10
UberDork
Veteran

Rep Power: 216 UberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respectedUberDork is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were to pick a mid-round WR, I would get a fast guy who can return for us too. That narrows down our options, but there seem to be several guys who could work. Some of them are:

Jerome Mathis, Hampton
Roscoe Parrish, Miami
Terrence Murphy, Texas A&M

Parrish may go in the second, or he could slip. Mathis has the possibility to go in the first but he might be around in the early 3rd. Murphy should be around in the 3rd.

If we go DB in the mid-rounds I hope they have the same returning potential...i.e. Perkins

Last edited by UberDork; 03-29-2005 at 06:25 PM.
UberDork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #11
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtfly4awhguy2
i was goin over the list of possible reciever we could grab, an was wondering what yall think of terrence murphy from Texas A&M. he could be the kind of guy were looking for as a number 2 with great speed an good hands, plus he can return kicks.

also, what about taylor stubblefield from purdue, im not sure if he is expected to go to high, but if i remember correctly, he had a pretty good year.

an also, i cant remember his name but he was a starter for tennessee, i was impressed by him in the cotton bowl.
I'm guessing your a die hard aggie. I am all the way, only been to a couple games but now my dads friend is going to trade astro tickets for A&M tickets and we should be sitting somewhere near Bush Sr. sits. I was at the 02 game i think when Reggie played his first game and beat no 1 OU.
Old 03-29-2005   #12
prtfly4awhguy2
Rookie

yes, im a very diehard, but i am also not blinded by my love 4 my aggies, i love to look at other players an evaluate them, even r the hated horns.

yes, that was a great game, i was at the OU game this year, 9 row up in the zone, loudest game ive ever been 2. place was shakin.
Old 03-29-2005   #13
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtfly4awhguy2
yes, im a very diehard, but i am also not blinded by my love 4 my aggies, i love to look at other players an evaluate them, even r the hated horns.

yes, that was a great game, i was at the OU game this year, 9 row up in the zone, loudest game ive ever been 2. place was shakin.
Ya, I'm somebody thats able to admit someone else is good too. I kinda have to be nice to UT, my sister goes there now.
Old 03-29-2005   #14
GoBlue
Rookie

Any of those WR would be good in the mid rounds. It is simply not as pressing a need as the defense is IMO.
GoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #15
jr0ck
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jr0ck

Quote:
Any of those WR would be good in the mid rounds. It is simply not as pressing a need as the defense is IMO.
agreed, although i would love to see t-murph on the texans roster next year. in a year or two we could have dre and dre jr making plays for us
Old 03-30-2005   #16
Fico
Rookie

Rep Power: 1386 Fico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respected

What about sloan thomas? What do you think the chances are that we activate him this season and make him our 5th reciever? I always thought he never got as much love as he deserved at UT.

Murphy in the 3rd would be a good pick as well though, just because of his versitality.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #17
prtfly4awhguy2
Rookie

i would have to give sloan one more year of developement. he i could be a good 3rd or 4th though in a year or 2. i think murphy could give us the ability to go deep, an when combined with AJ an gaff in 3 wr sets, an though armstrong i there with them in a 4wr set, we could have a dangerous passing game. plus, murphy would allow us to get rid of moses, even though i do like him, an add depth in the lineup some were else.

also, i think antonio perkins from OU could become a good CB for us in the 4th round possible. he could also be a good return man as well for us.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read