Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2010   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Put'n down the kool-aid

I haven't seen today's games yet. But I've been watching the scores, & all I can say, is that I'm done with the kool-aid.

I'm not worried about the last 6 games. They are what they are, and worrying about them, griping about them, won't change a thing.

Kubiak saw what we saw. Frank Bush saw what we saw. The Texans didn't see it, but they dang sure should have felt it.

I'm not going to be among the naysayers, the pinksoapers, or the skyISfalling crowd. I'm just not going to spray sunshine on anything less than excellent game effort.

What changed my mind? The Buffalo Bills jumped to a 24-7 (?) lead over the Baltimore Ravens. The Oakland Raiders put the smack down on San Diego last week, & they're putting something nasty on Denver this week. Kansas City (who are just learning how to throw the ball) put 42 points on Jacksonville. Cleveland went to the Big Easy and made Greg Williams their "entertainment."

And the thing that burns the most... is that Tennessee's offense looks to be worlds better than ours.

With Tennessee winning, Nov 1 is a must win, just to keep pace. The Colts team has been decimated. They've had a week to prepare, we've had a week to prepare.

Losing is not an option.
Old 10-24-2010   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Put'n down the kool-aid

The problem is that it feels like 10-11 wins are needed in this division, made even tougher by the fact that it's one of the tougher divisions in the NFL (as always) and you have 6 games against that opposition.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see how you can say a team that coming into this week was 27th in overall offense is better than ours.

I am not questioning that Tenn has a good offense because they do but to say that it they are better is way off IMO.

I will take Schaub/AJ/Foster over VY/CJ/Britt, although a case can be made for both sides.

Also after this week our wins are looking better on paper(yes I know that "on paper" does not count for anything but people still look a it)

Colts 4-2
Redskins 4-3
Raiders 3-4
Chiefs 4-2
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #4
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

THe afc south is like a even race Who is going to blink next .....
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I don't see how you can say a team that coming into this week was 27th in overall offense is better than ours.

I am not questioning that Tenn has a good offense because they do but to say that it they are better is way off IMO.

I will take Schaub/AJ/Foster over VY/CJ/Britt, although a case can be made for both sides.

Also after this week our wins are looking better on paper(yes I know that "on paper" does not count for anything but people still look a it)

Colts 4-2
Redskins 4-3
Raiders 3-4
Chiefs 4-2
Cowboys..... Giants. We couldn't moved the ball. We went three & out, if we weren't turning it over.

Titans didn't have that issue.
Old 10-24-2010   #6
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Cowboys..... Giants. We couldn't moved the ball. We went three & out, if we weren't turning it over.

Titans didn't have that issue.
Doesn't matter. All that matters is we go out there and win games. The games of the past are in the past. We still have a shot to win the division. Going forward all we can do is control our play. If we go out and play hard we can pick up 10 wins. If we don't we wont.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I know this is heresy around here, but I think the Titans look like the best team in the division right now. The offense is a little above average, but their defense is doing very well at creating turnovers. I think we will be fighting them for the division title all the way till the end of the season. Nice thing is that we play the Jags in the last game, and they play the Colts
Old 10-24-2010   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Doesn't matter. All that matters is we go out there and win games. The games of the past are in the past. We still have a shot to win the division. Going forward all we can do is control our play. If we go out and play hard we can pick up 10 wins. If we don't we wont.
I agree. I didn't mean to go there. It is what it is, the only thing that matters is the next game.

(But I was asked a question, so I responded).

But my point, my main point is that there is no reason this team can't move the ball on any body. If it's unrealistic to score 70 points, then call me unrealistic. But if our offense has the ball 14 times in a game, I expect to score on 9 of them.

That is how you beat the Colts. Forget this ball control "theory." You need to be effecient on offense, touchdowns, not field goals, score on every possession.
Old 10-24-2010   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe with the Titans winning, the team plays a little better knowing what's at stake on Monday Night. They really need to keep pace.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Maybe with the Titans winning, the team plays a little better knowing what's at stake on Monday Night. They really need to keep pace.
Here's hoping.

Fingers crossed.
Old 10-24-2010   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I haven't seen today's games yet.
OK. Then you say...
Quote:
Tennessee's offense looks to be worlds better than ours.
But, you haven't actually watched the game. So, how can you possibly make this statement?

Maybe the koolaid's not all that should be put down?
Old 10-24-2010   #12
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

It's all about the defense. If the defense can turn it around and just be respectable. They don't have to be dominant just respectable.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
But, you haven't actually watched the game. So, how can you possibly make this statement?

I have no idea how many points the Titans offense put up today. I do know Kenny Brit (who?) just put up 220 on Philly. Judging by the way we played against Dallas & NYGiants, & how they played against the Giants & the Cowboys...... we'll get stymied again.
Old 10-24-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
It's all about the defense. If the defense can turn it around and just be respectable. They don't have to be dominant just respectable.
No.

The best offense in the world needs to stay on the field. The worst defense in the world needs to stay on the bench.
Old 10-24-2010   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Tennessee is seeing people sell the farm to stop Chris Johnson and it's creating opportunities for their passing game ....BUT keep this in mind. Kerry Collins does this every year or two. He comes out, replaces Vince, looks great, and carves up somebody. It can be somebody really good or somebody lousy but he puts it all together like he's going to finally be "The Answer" at QB and gets everybody excited and then he starts flinging interceptions and fumbling the ball and generally reverts back to the talented journeyman with major flaws that he's always been. You can put him on a team that helps cover those flaws up but he's still Kerry Collins and he still needs a bottle of Jim Beam. We've been feeding on this guy for years. We beat him as a Giant, we beat him as a Raider, and we've beat him as a Titan. Let him do his Brett Favre impersonation for now. He'll come back down to earth soon enough.

We'll be fine. It won't be pretty but we'll be fine.
Old 10-24-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127995 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 10-24-2010   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Tennessee is seeing people sell the farm to stop Chris Johnson and it's creating opportunities for their passing game ....BUT keep this in mind. Kerry Collins does this every year or two. He comes out, replaces Vince, looks great, and carves up somebody.
I've been trying not to go here. But...

The Giants stack the box to stop CJ2k...... they score 29.

The Giants stack the box to stop AFoster..... we go 3 & out.

The Cowboys stack the box to stop CJ2k.... they score 34.

The Cowboys allow Foster to get 100.... we score 6 points.
Old 10-24-2010   #18
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No.

The best offense in the world needs to stay on the field. The worst defense in the world needs to stay on the bench.
So.... The Texans are gonna onside kick and recover after every score?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #19
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19254 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
OK. Then you say...

Right.

Anyone watching that Philly game doesn't come out thinking "Oh boy, Tennessee has a serious air attack!" because Collins made bad throws all game and Britt pretty much ran uncovered all during the second half.

One of those big plays Britt literally runs right past 3 Eagle defenders...just runs right past them without anyone responding. I can't imagine what the Texans would have done to Philly if we were playing that game. That's how I honestly feel.

Also CJ hasn't been great this year. I'm worried about the Titans, more than the Colts. I'll say that much. It's more because of whats on defense though than offense. I feel like the Titans have yet to face a elite offense yet and the best offense they've played thus far (Denver) beat them.

They have a good defense, but the Texans when on present a lot of problems for any defense.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been trying not to go here. But...

The Giants stack the box to stop CJ2k...... they score 29.

The Giants stack the box to stop AFoster..... we go 3 & out.

The Cowboys stack the box to stop CJ2k.... they score 34.

The Cowboys allow Foster to get 100.... we score 6 points.
In both cases our passing game failed us as well as our defense (arguably if our passing game had been able to get on track our defense wouldn't have been in nearly as bad a position). Still, the thing is more often than not our passing game experiences success. More often than not Kerry Collins reverts to the player we all know he really is. I'm just saying that I'm not worried about the Titans as much as you seem to be. They're riding high, they'll eventually deal with some lows. We've had a few lows and we're due to ride high again. Seasons are long, it'll be alright.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read