Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2010   #1
Big Lou
"NUK-LEAR"

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 19346 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What no one is saying about Ryans.......

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but I have seen little mention of the odds of Ryan returning to form is at all. Everything I've seen about achilles leads me to believe that we won't get Ryan at his 2006 or 2010 level. We still got a lot of season left, but just wondering how many are in denial.

This begs the question, what to do about it. Are we now looking at needing to draft his replacement, find someone in free agency, or move someone up.

I know Cloak and Dagger gave a little info on rehab and such, but stats I read recently led me to believe that this more time than not is a career ender. I hate saying that but it is what it is.

So what does everyone think, how do we handle this just in case next season:

1. Sharpton
2. Trade/Free Agency (In the off season)
3. Draft (Sure would have been nice to not have any new holes, would have like to have seen round 1-3 for defense)
Old 10-24-2010   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What no one is saying about Ryans.......

I'm thinking we'll wait till the season is over, and see how Adibi, Diles, Sharpton, & Bentley do.

Then we'll see how the rest of the team did.

Then we'll see what the draft class looks like.

Then we'll.... I don't know, figure it out??
Old 10-24-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I'm thinking we'll wait till the season is over, and see how Adibi, Diles, Sharpton, & Bentley do.

Then we'll see how the rest of the team did.

Then we'll see what the draft class looks like.

Then we'll.... I don't know, figure it out??

Then we'll draft another undersized NT, a FS who can't defend the pass, and five TEs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #4
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Then we'll draft another undersized NT, a FS who can't defend the pass, and five TEs.
ain't that the truth?!!!!!
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, we certainly haven't drafted any LB's in the last few yea-

Wait nevermind you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 10-24-2010   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156516 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Ryans, after healing, and then playing at 80 to 90% of his ablility is still better than most LBs. I'll take him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #7
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You know, this is easy to joke about, but last year when they drafted 2 TE's, Owen Daniels went down. This year, they draft a MLB when they already have a couple, and DeMeco goes down. It's like these guys know something's gonna happen to guys in those positions. You scratch your head at the time thinking, "Why?!?", but it has a way of working itself out.

We don't get to pick 4 times in the first round, people. They work with the picks they have.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2010   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I was kinda wanting to cut him last OS nothing personal just biznas
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
You wanted Demeco Ryans to be cut last off season or one of the other LB's?
Old 10-25-2010   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I wanted to cut all of them and get a bunch of FSs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #11
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

What did C&D say about the history of NFL players to come back from this type of injury vs a garden variety blown knee (MCL, ACL, etc) ?
One thing, I'm happy that DeMeco got paid this year with a new deal before this injury and only wish OD would have taken the deal presented to him last year before his knee injury.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #12
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Yeah, we certainly haven't drafted any LB's in the last few yea-

Wait nevermind you don't know what you're talking about.
Funniest part of it is the number of complaints about drafting Sharpton this past draft. I think "ZOMG!!! WE DONT NEED A LB!!WTF!?!?!?!" was the number 2 comment on draft day behind "ZOMG!!! WE DONT NEED A TE!!WTF!?!?!?!" and just before "ZOMG!!! WE NEED TO TRADE UP FOR _______________!!WTF!?!?!?!".

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #13
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

No one is saying anything because no one can tell the future. Stop speculating and let this thing play out. I think this is a silly thread!
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #14
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Contrary to what some people may think, I have been saying this for quite some time.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Same thing can be said about Connor Barwin, we could have two high end draft picks at 80-90% for next year
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Old 10-25-2010   #17
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just like the Lions and their obsession with WR's for a few years, we will be moving away from that right about now. Will only draft 2.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 77891 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Are you mentally disturbed?
Old 10-25-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Are you mentally disturbed?
Old 10-25-2010   #20
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read