Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2010   #1
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pick 6 Wins

Despite a good 4-2 start, it will still be VERY difficult for the Texans to make the playoffs unfortunately. It will be a close race all season with the Titans & Colts for the division. Then there will be the Patriots, Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, and Chiefs all fighting for the two wild-card spots. (assuming Chargers, Steelers, Jets win their division). I think the Texans will need at least 10 wins to even be in consideration. So looking at the schedule, do you see 6 wins?

@Colts - to say the Texans will sweep the Colts this season sounds crazy! but with all of their injuries, it doesn't sound too crazy right now.

Chargers - their record isn't good, but they have the #1 defense & offense in the league. it would be a big plus if Gates & Floyd aren't available in this game.

@Jags - a must win! we always struggle against the Jags, but we have to beat lesser teams.

@Jets - in my opinion, the toughest game on the remaining schedule. at least we won't have to see Kris Jenkins.

Titans - if the Texans can stop their pass rush, we should win this game. i think we need at least a split against the Tits.

@Eagles - will be an extremely tough game. the offense will need to score 40 points in order to win.

Ravens - IMO, the best team in the NFL.

@Titans - see previous comment.

@Broncos - a much improved team, and the secondary will struggle against their passing game. but this is a must-win against a lesser team.

Jags - see previous comment.

So in my opinion, the Texans MUST take the two Jags games, split the Titans at least, and beat the Broncos. This means they must win two more games against top-notch teams. With all of their injuries, I think we need to take care of the Colts next week. If we can sweep the Titans as well, then it looks very good for us to take the division. If we can win one of the games against the Chargers, Jets, Eagles, or Ravens... I think that would be huge!
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Pick 6 Wins

The Chargers are a top notch team? They lost to the Raiders and Rams...
Old 10-24-2010   #3
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22721 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The Chargers are a top notch team? They lost to the Raiders and Rams...
valid argument. but for some reason, they always start slow? they are statistically the #1 ranked team on both offense and defense. so yes, IMO, i still consider them a top-notch team.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #4
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52329 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

We can win any of those games, and lose any of them.

Chargers, Jags games, one of the Titans games, the Jets game, and the Broncos game.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 32527 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
valid argument. but for some reason, they always start slow? they are statistically the #1 ranked team on both offense and defense. so yes, IMO, i still consider them a top-notch team.
San Diego is 5th in scoring offense and 19th in scoring defense.

And -3 in turnovers
Old 10-24-2010   #6
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

"We can win any of those games, and lose any of them..."

Absolutely true.

This team is impossible to read. I thought they'd beat the Cowboys and Giants, and I really didn't think they'd come back after getting down against the Chiefs.

I just plan to enjoy the rest of the season, cheer them when they do well, and say "we'll get them next week" when they lose. Otherwise, I'd go crazy.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #7
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Pessimist. We're good enough to win every single one of those games. And don't forget - our division rivals play basically the same schedule as we do, so it's just as tough for them.

Colts: Texans, @Eagles, Bengals, @Patriots, Chargers, cowboys, @Titans, Jaguars, @Raiders, Titans

Titans: @Chargers, @Dolphins, Redskins, @Texans, Jaguars, Colts, Texans, @Chiefs, @Colts
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2010   #8
Dwade
Veteran

Rep Power: 56 Dwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respectedDwade is a quality contributor and well respected

Jags, Broncos, Jags...I hope more but that's all I see us winning

Dwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are going to wreck shop and bust some heads after the bye. I'm calling it.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #10
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

@Colts - Beat Manning in his own building after the bye week for both teams. L 4-3

Chargers - Chargers are in disaray. W 5-3

@Jags - Jacksonville beat the Colt at home, I think we'll win, but this is by no means a gimme. W 6-3

@Jets - Jets are too strong for this weak, finesse team. L 6-4

Titans - I hate to say this, but the Titans are looking pretty good these days. L 6-5

@Eagles - This should be an interesting game. The Eagles are as schizoid as we are these day. Our offense pulls us out of another one. W 7-5

Ravens - This one could be ugly. L 7-6

@Titans - Beat the Titans @ Tennessee, I doubt it. L 8-6

@Broncos - Oh, come on, they lost big to the Raiders. W 9-6

Jags - At home, need to win it. Jags should be lame ducks by then so I'll give us a win. W 10-6
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Ravens - This one could be ugly. L 7-6

@Titans - Beat the Titans @ Tennessee, I doubt it. L 8-6

@Broncos - Oh, come on, they lost big to the Raiders. W 9-6

Jags - At home, need to win it. Jags should be lame ducks by then so I'll give us a win. W 10-6
Shouldn't that be 7-7? Which would make the Texans 9-7, under your scenario.
Old 10-25-2010   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
We can win any of those games, and lose any of them.

Chargers, Jags games, one of the Titans games, the Jets game, and the Broncos game.
I'm going to substitute your Jets game for the Ravens game, and also add the Indy game this week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #13
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's the deal, if i was a religous person in the traditional sense of the term I'd probably prey the Texans make the playoffs this year. I know I really hope they make the playoffs BUT - I'm afraid it's easier for me to pick 6 losses than 6 wins and it's almost surely gonna take 6 (or more) wins in the remaining games to get to post-season. Sorry, I hope very much I'm wrong about this ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #14
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

If there is anything I've learned about the Texans under Kubiak is that you can't predict what they are going to do from one quarter to the next much less an entire game.

There is one thing that remains relatively consistent - we get better toward the end of the season. With that in mind, I'm thinking we make the playoffs with a last few games surge which includes beating the Titans in their house. I don't think we will beat them in ours.

We'll go 10-6 but I'm not about to try and guess which of the remaining games we will win. It depends too much upon the "mood" of the team.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #15
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

@Colts

Chargers

@Jags

Titans

@Eagles

@Titans

@Broncos

Jags

There...We'll win 8 more.
Old 10-25-2010   #16
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
If there is anything I've learned about the Texans under Kubiak is that you can't predict what they are going to do from one quarter to the next much less an entire game.

There is one thing that remains relatively consistent - we get better toward the end of the season. With that in mind, I'm thinking we make the playoffs with a last few games surge which includes beating the Titans in their house. I don't think we will beat them in ours.

We'll go 10-6 but I'm not about to try and guess which of the remaining games we will win. It depends too much upon the "mood" of the team.
And this is a constant trend that a lot of fans have forgotten about. Ever since Kubiak has gotten here, the Texans do better as the season goes on. The problem was getting a good cushion at the beginning of the season.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #17
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Shouldn't that be 7-7? Which would make the Texans 9-7, under your scenario.
Well crud, I wasn't drinking the other day and I still miscounted
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

This year the good teams and bad teams seem to switch places every two weeks. Looking at what dream team posted at the top I think 6 wins is easy... or impossible.

Ask me again tomorrow and my answer will probably be "I think 6 wins is impossible... or easy".

It really does change every week for me.

@Colts - I expect a win. They're dropping like flies and if we can't beat them without all these pieces then we're never going to win a game in Indianapolis ever.

Chargers - One of those teams I fear but their record says I shouldn't. We should follow a road win at Indy (if w get one) with a big home crowd and a lot of momentum. If we win at Indy this has to be a win too. After all this will be the most important game in Texans history right?

@Jags - We have to at least split with the Jaguars this year. There's no excuse not to. A sweep at the hands of Jacksonville will be a terrible blow to our season. I have no feel for where this win will take place but we have to at least split with them. Call this a loss.

@Jets - We almost certainly lose this.

Titans - To have a shot at the division we must also split with Tennessee so I think we stop the two game skid here and beat the Titans at our house. For once Vince Young leaves Reliant with his head hanging.

@Eagles - The Eagles are like the Chargers in that you don't know what's going to happen. Capable of being beaten by us (even in Phily) but also capable of killing us if we don't show up entirely in business mode. I think we win here for some reason.

Ravens - Try as I might I can't see us winning this game. I'll be amazed if it happens but I think it's a loss.

@Titans - We probably lose this one, particularly if we can win the one at home.

@Broncos - The Broncos are fading fast and are going to fall apart before the season is up. We win this game I believe.

Jags - We have to win this one at home to end on a winning note and to earn our 10th victory.

That's this weeks version.
Old 10-25-2010   #19
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

@ Indy - we will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game, but we have injuries now as does Indy. If we can control the clock again and get even slightly better against the pass we should win this game. This Indy team is the Indy team of old, but Manning can win any game. W-1

vs San Diego - I really can't understand this team. They are good on both sides of the ball, their defense is really good. For whatever reason they just can't stop making boneheaded plays. Looking at our current home form this looks like a loss.

@ Jacksonville - their passing D is as bad as ours, they may have just lost their RT for the year which is a big blow. They aren't great at passing the ball. We should make enough plays on offense to win by 2 scores. W-2

@ NYJ - This team owned us last year at home, and now have a HOF running back who is showing fresh legs and still has one of the best defenses in the league. Can't see us winning this game.

vs Tennessee - This is a toss up. All of a sudden Kenny Britt looks like the real deal and they still have Chris Johnson, you can no longer put 8 in the box and just look to shut down CJ. Their defense is much improved from last season (thanks to Jason Babin?). We shut down VY and pull out the W. W-3

@ Philly - Coming off 3 tough games on a short week we go on the road and get blown out against Vick and the Iggles.

vs Baltimore - This team isn't great against the pass (Ryan Fitzpatrick?) and can be exposed through the air. Schaub has a career day and we pull out a W. W -4

@ Tennessee - After a physical MNF game we go on the road to face another physical team and lose on a last minute Bironas 59 yard field goal.

@ Denver - Kubiak goes back to a city who respects him and after 21 unanswered points the crowd starts cheering for the Texans as the Broncos now refer to themselves as Broncos North. W-5

vs Jacksonville - We need to win this game to clinch the division and pull out everything to win on a last minute Rackers field goal. W-6

Yeahhhhhh!
Old 10-25-2010   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
So looking at the schedule, do you see 6 wins?
No.

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read