Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-24-2010   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3 Texans/12 in NFL fined for last week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ug=ap-nflfines

SERIOUSLY?

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3 Texans/12 in NFL fined for last week.

This is ridiculous. Is the NFL running out of money and simply need to do some fund raising?

I thought the Wade Smith leg whip was clearly accidental, in fact, should've been a no-call.

Pollard's hit was nothing as well. It just appeared to be a hit because Pollard's hand was on the player when he simply fell.

Ogunleye's hit, on the other hand, was late... good call on the penalty, but why the fine?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

3 Texans and 2 Titans... riiiiight....
Old 10-24-2010   #4
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

I was looking at all these penalties, handed out on Friday.
My question is-what is the statute of limitations on penalties?
So can the NFL come in and say "two weeks ago we saw that you had a late hit, so here's your fine and you are now suspended for the next game."

I can see this being fun when other teams start pointing out penalties in other games to keep players out of the lineup against them.
Especially if they do start suspending players more often.

Any thoughts??
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Also, Kevin Kolb.... the quarterback? Really?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
I was looking at all these penalties, handed out on Friday.
My question is-what is the statute of limitations on penalties?
So can the NFL come in and say "two weeks ago we saw that you had a late hit, so here's your fine and you are now suspended for the next game."

I can see this being fun when other teams start pointing out penalties in other games to keep players out of the lineup against them.
Especially if they do start suspending players more often.

Any thoughts??
Yes, I'm pretty sure that Peyton Manning touched somebody at some point in one of the last couple of games he played. It was a blatant touching of a player. The brute should be suspended for his next game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #7
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is the NFL doing this? These are normal plays that you see in any football game. What's next? Fines for jumping offsides, or illegal motions? And this comes from someone who despises slippery-slope takes.

Meh . . . doesn't really matter to me now, anyway. There won't be a season next year, and when they do come back it will be a completely different NFL. Players will have total unrestricted free-agency like baseball, which will destroy any sort of competitive balance.

I already got one foot out the door.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-24-2010   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Yes, I'm pretty sure that Peyton Manning touched somebody at some point in one of the last couple of games he played. It was a blatant touching of a player. The brute should be suspended for his next game.
Quick call the commissioner and let him know!!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

NFL is getting crazy with this shit. you cant have a defense scared to hit someone because they might be fined

on a different note
maybe Joe Paterno is right in a way... have players play without a facemask
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #10
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

they're making the refs more important than the players. if they keep this up they'll be just like the NBA - which I refuse to watch because of the sucky refereeing

I can watch movies on Sundays
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #11
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL proudly present their vision for the future of football.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010   #12
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
they're making the refs more important than the players. if they keep this up they'll be just like the NBA - which I refuse to watch because of the sucky refereeing

I can watch movies on Sundays
I have all but quit watching the NBA. Its been 3 or 4 years since I've watched more than a handful of games. Really since the Mavericks series a few years ago where the officiating was terrible. That season I was watching the lakers vs somebody and realized that it wasn't my perception as a Rockets fan, it was just all across the NBA that the officiating was terrible.

I would hate it if that happened to football because, well I don't really have another sport to watch. Sad thing is, it seems to be going that way. Its ridiculous to have amazing athletes doing things we never imagine being able to do... and then letting a few old 50 something guys change the course of the game.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #13
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29204 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post

That's a nice vision.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #14
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I approve!!!
Old 10-25-2010   #15
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24254 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You notice? Even the dude on TV is looking on in approval!
Old 10-25-2010   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
He also has the better angle... damn athletes!
Old 10-25-2010   #17
supersid
Rookie

Section: 613
Rep Power: 0 supersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respectedsupersid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
That's a nice vision.
yea..but do you really want to see Vonta in that uniform? the NFL might lose a load of money in season ticket sells... except in San-Fran of course.
supersid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #18
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Well.....It's not all bad....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010   #19
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 115066 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer and Metal View Post
Yeah, but Jules and Vincent look like they're going to spoil all the fun!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read