Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-28-2005   #1
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default Texans Defense

Well this is how I want our D to look like next yr

.........................FS M.Coleman..........................SS G.Earl......................

CB D. Robinson.......................................... ............................CB A.Glenn

.........................ILB K.Wong........................ILB A.Peek..........................
OLB DJ (if we draft him).............................................. .OLB M. Greenwood

DE R.Smith..............................DT S.Payne............................DE G.Walker

What do ya'll think?
Old 03-28-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek is an OLB, Greenwood is an ILB, and if we draft Johnson, he'd be an ILB...
Old 03-28-2005   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

first of all, Greenwood is already set to play ILB, and neither Wong nor Peek are very vialbe ILBs. Also, DJ is an ILB. The linebackers are probably going to be something like Wong, Morlon, Sharper?, Babin.
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Put Babin where you have DJ and then switch Greenwood and Peek and you'd be pretty close to what we will probably see as our starting defense next season...
Old 03-28-2005   #5
YodAa
All Pro

Sorry I totally forgot Babin

.........................FS M.Coleman..........................SS G.Earl......................

CB D. Robinson.......................................... ............................CB A.Glenn

.........................ILB DJ...............................ILB M,Greenwood.................
OLB Wong/Peek .................................................. .................OLB J.Babin
(I'd like to see them battle for the spot in preseason)

DE R.Smith..............................DT S.Payne............................DE G.Walker

This is if we trade Sharper. Ok now what do ya'll think

Last edited by YodAa; 03-28-2005 at 06:59 PM.
YodAa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 684 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Foreman has already been released, but I wouldn't mind seeing the defense above as our starting D next year...
Old 03-28-2005   #7
outofhnd
All Pro

I think we make Peek/Babin/Wong situational LB's Babin and wong on the run. Peek and Wong on the pass. and for an allout confusion drop wong inside and let babin and peek rush from the outside edges.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2005   #8
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

do you guys think the texans are goona keep sharper till the draft then do the trade to the browns the day of the draft, or do you guys think the deal won't happen?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Id like to see

DE: Robaire Smith
DT: Seth Payne
DE: Gary Walker/Anttaj Hawthorne

CB: Dunta Robinson
CB: Aaron Glenn

FS: Marcus Coleman
SS: Glen Earl

OLB: Jason Babin
OLB: Demarcus Ware
ILB: David Pollack
ILB: Morlon Greenwood

This could possibly be done with some trading up and down. possibly get the first and second picks from Philly for our 13th. Then use sharper and our second to trade up with Dallas for their #20. Something along those lines.

Last edited by Grid; 03-28-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #10
YodAa
All Pro

I also want to put that dude from the CFL that we got, Tim Cheatwood, up on my list but since I have no real proof that'll he'll be good than I can't but I have a really good feeling bout him.
Old 03-28-2005   #11
outofhnd
All Pro

I like that draft strategy Ware is getting more Praise than merriman at this point they are Saying Merriman might not be a tweener more a 4-3 end, and that Ware is the real deal, to be a dominate McGinest type of OLB
Old 03-28-2005   #12
Bellthebest
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodAa
Well this is how I want our D to look like next yr

.........................ILB K.Wong........................ILB A.Peek..........................
OLB DJ (if we draft him).............................................. .OLB M. Greenwood

What do ya'll think?
i think that would look good 4 u guys...
Old 03-29-2005   #13
outofhnd
All Pro

Here is how it looks Pre Draft

FS M.Coleman
SS G earl
RCB D Robinson
LCB............................................... .....................A Glenn
LOLB Babin/Peek/Wong
LILB Greenwood/Wong
RILB Greenwood/Wong/Peek
ROLB Babin/Peek/Wong
RE R Smith
LE G Walker
NT S Payne

I think its a cool idea to use our versatility as it stands now... Why not get these Young guys accustomed to playing both outside and inside to add another wrinkle to our 3-4? It would be a thing of beauty to confuse them both on field personnal and play calling wise
Old 03-29-2005   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Thinking outside the box is a good thing. That said, our OLB's are converted DE's and they need to be able to take on OT's. Greenwood is way too small to take on 330 pound Offensive Tackles as the outside linebacker. He is giving up 100 pounds and is a chase guy, not a shed and attack backer. Its a nice idea but I don't think he isn't going to see any action on the edge. Nobody thought we would ditch Sharper though...so you never know.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

It's getting late for me...I saw Greenwood outside when I glanced at your post..but you have him inside. Time for me to get some sleep.

Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #16
outofhnd
All Pro

I only have greenwood rotating on the interior, in my starter chart.

But for the sake of argument if he was lined on the outside on a play it doesnt neccesarily mean hes goin to take on the tackle i may have him peel back into coverage.

I just think with 4 extremely young versatile LB its not out of the realm to have them play in different LB spots. That way when we lose one its not as big of a loss as if he were stationed at that spot all season long.

Plus it presents matchup problems and would cause a lot of audibles.

not to mention it could even free up more for a Corner/Safety Blitz because since the QB is having to read the linebackers so carefully it can open things up from there too.

It can be done.
Old 03-30-2005   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we wouldn't draft an LB in the first. I think the talent is there in the later rounds to develop a rookie by playing Wong inside this year and letting the rookie understudy that area.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #18
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

babin wont lose his job... i want to see us upgrade at CB or SS, preferably CB. with another shutdown corner along with dunta, the texans can play more aggressively, making the pass rush better. adam "pac man" jones is a possibility. he should be around.
Old 03-30-2005   #19
YodAa
All Pro

I would really like to upgrade our Safetys. Coleman is fine but Earl? I think we could do way better. While I was setting up that chart I even considered switching Faggins to that spot!
Old 03-30-2005   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3366 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is everyone talking about upgrading the S and CB position? We have Glenn, DRob, and Faggins at CB and Coleman and Earl at S. Earl was a rookie last season, give him time. We were 5th in the NFL last season with 22 INT's, and IMO our secondary is one of our strongest parts of the entire team...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read