Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-22-2010   #1
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default National Flag Football League

I think in all fairness to the game, the home team should have brighter flags than the away team to even the playing field.. Wonder what colors well have.

My Myspace
xreadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #2
elliepoo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 elliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: National Flag Football League

I've only been watching football since 2006, but I have come to really LOVE the sport. One of my favorite things about the game is how physical of a sport it is. The players are so full of emotion and you can see it in their aggressiveness on the field. I feel that it is kind of taking away some of the emotion of the game and that makes me sad because I feel what my team's players feels. Will I have to lock up and put away the barbarian in me?
elliepoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #3
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, we as consumers love seeing the big plays and the big hits. That's why we watch action movies.

The problem with that is that these players are real and they are seriously putting their lives on the line. Oh no, I won't get to feel "the barbarian in me"! Well, guess what, it's making it safer for human beings.

Unless you want to see more and more players get seriously injured, maybe you should slow down.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #4
elliepoo
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 elliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respectedelliepoo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Yeah, we as consumers love seeing the big plays and the big hits. That's why we watch action movies.

The problem with that is that these players are real and they are seriously putting their lives on the line. Oh no, I won't get to feel "the barbarian in me"! Well, guess what, it's making it safer for human beings.

Unless you want to see more and more players get seriously injured, maybe you should slow down.

I understand and I do feel bad when players suffer injuries and concussions, but isn't that a danger associated with this physical sport? Certain professions have a level of danger associated with them, like police men for instance.

I'd like to know where the new rule came from? Was there suddenly been a spike in injuries for this rule to be implemented? What is different now than when the NFL first started? Like I said, I've only been watching this sport since 2006 so I'm still learning A LOT. Will defensive players play with a different energy having to focus on the way they hit? Will it change the game? I don't know.
Old 10-22-2010   #5
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliepoo View Post
I understand and I do feel bad when players suffer injuries and concussions, but isn't that a danger associated with this physical sport? Certain professions have a level of danger associated with them, like police men for instance.

I'd like to know where the new rule came from? Was there suddenly been a spike in injuries for this rule to be implemented? What is different now than when the NFL first started? Like I said, I've only been watching this sport since 2006 so I'm still learning A LOT. Will defensive players play with a different energy having to focus on the way they hit? Will it change the game? I don't know.
Will Bernard Pollard stop knocking the PISS out of people? Will the Texans D keep a quarterback from looking like Joe Montana this year? Who shot J.R.? Did the little piggy cry "wee weee weeee" all the way home?

All this and more on the next episode of Houston Texans football..... Filmed live before a studio audience.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've only been watching football since 2006, but I have come to really LOVE the sport. One of my favorite things about the game is how physical of a sport it is. The players are so full of emotion and you can see it in their aggressiveness on the field. I feel that it is kind of taking away some of the emotion of the game and that makes me sad because I feel what my team's players feels. Will I have to lock up and put away the barbarian in me?
That's an NHL fan in the making right there.
Old 10-22-2010   #7
elliepoo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
No. I don't enjoy Hockey actually. I like the pace of football. It gives me time to soak in and process what's happened and what's going to happen. I like celebrating 1st down conversions and getting aggressively crunk, I guess you could say, when someone gets Pollardized.
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2010   #8
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Got the aroma of a GP skit to me.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110699 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. I don't enjoy Hockey actually. I like the pace of football. It gives me time to soak in and process what's happened and what's going to happen. I like celebrating 1st down conversions and getting aggressively crunk, I guess you could say, when someone gets Pollardized.
Very cool. Just horsing around. Welcome to the board!
Old 10-22-2010   #10
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Got the aroma of a GP skit to me.
Old 10-22-2010   #11
elliepoo
Rookie

Quote:
Very cool. Just horsing around. Welcome to the board!
Thanks for the welcome!
Old 10-22-2010   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
Will Bernard Pollard stop knocking the PISS out of people? Will the Texans D keep a quarterback from looking like Joe Montana this year? Who shot J.R.? Did the little piggy cry "wee weee weeee" all the way home?

All this and more on the next episode of Houston Texans football..... Filmed live before a studio audience.
Does Bill Cowher make for a bad therapist?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Does Bill Cowher make for a bad therapist?

"Did the little piggy cry 'Wee! Wee! Wee!' all the way home?"

You "Jackwagon!!!!"
Old 10-22-2010   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!
You bet!

Old 10-22-2010   #15
xreadx
Degenerate

Rep Power: 60 xreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respectedxreadx is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes me not wanna even watch football anymore. I hope pollard puts his helmet in someones chest there heart explodes and the fukkin DIE! then we will ask rodger, what we gonna do now???

My Myspace
Old 10-22-2010   #16
xreadx
Degenerate

I breath benzine every day so that everyone in the USA has fuel to put in there cars, and so rodger can fuel up his lamborghini...

My Myspace
Old 10-22-2010   #17
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Exactly, there's a risk for every profession. But if you found something that could make a policeman's job safer, like making every cop wear a vest at all times, you would. In the NFL, guys out there are trying to make a living, not trying to get injuries to the brain that could potentially harm them in the long run. I feel like lots of sports are starting to take concussions more seriously now.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #18
xreadx
Degenerate

Quote:
Exactly, there's a risk for every profession. But if you found something that could make a policeman's job safer, like making every cop wear a vest at all times, you would. In the NFL, guys out there are trying to make a living, not trying to get injuries to the brain that could potentially harm them in the long run. I feel like lots of sports are starting to take concussions more seriously now.
YOU CANT MAKE IT SAFER without takeing away from the game. If I wanted to watch soccer I would............

My Myspace
Old 10-22-2010   #19
xreadx
Degenerate

“Here’s another situation, too. You’re going to get guys avoiding the
head and then they’re going to start going for the knees and then you’re
going to start seeing more ACL tears than ever before. Then you’re
going to have six-month injuries instead of 2-3-week concussions. I
don’t know what you’re going to do. It’s a... violent game. It’s a game
that people love to watch because it is violent. There’s big hits and
there’s big collisions and just a lot of activity. That’s something for
the NFL to decide, how they’re going to correct it.” -Cushing

My Myspace
Old 10-23-2010   #20
elliepoo
Rookie

Quote:
I still feel it's taking away from the physical nature of the game. You can give a cop vests and guns to protect himself, but he still has to put himself in dangerous situations to protect citizens. You can't control the environment around him.

You can give a football player the proper equipment to protect himself, but he's still got to go out on the field and run the risk of injury to his body. The NFL has the power to put its employees in safer situations by controlling the dangerous factors, though, so I can see why they are in favor of the rule. They are doing everything possible to make it safer for them.

I know what you're saying and I'm not at all trying to attack, but that's just my opinion. I feel the NFL is controlling the game too much. But it is what it is and all we can do as fans is accept it and continue watching.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read