Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-21-2010   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Faces Off Against World Series

Quote:
The World Series will receive added competition from the NFL this year. NBC's "Sunday Night Football" has traditionally taken a break during the first Sunday of the fall classic. But NBC and the NFL are going head to head Oct. 31.

Fox could be a big loser if viewers migrate to Pittsburgh-New Orleans on NBC that night instead of game four of the baseball championship games.

NBC's new NFL deal gives it one more Sunday game; it will air for 17 straight weeks. In the past, the network has used its off-week to air repeats of "Heroes," movies, "Dateline" and a repeat of "The Office."

In an interview with the NFL Network after this season's schedule was announced, commissioner Roger Goodell said it was appropriate to "allow the consumer to be able to choose whether they want to watch "Sunday Night Football" or the World Series."

While more conventional, Fox could also face a challenge from football this Sunday, if the National League Championship Series goes to game seven. NBC has Minnesota's Brett Favre returning to Green Bay.

NFL games have gone against the World Series before, although mostly with football on cable. Since 1991, nine regular-season NFL games have challenged the World Series. But only once -- in 1996 -- did the two face each other on broadcast TV.
http://www.mediapost.com/publication...048&nid=119915

This is going to be a blow out.
Old 10-21-2010   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 239970 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: NFL Faces Off Against World Series

They should air the WS at a time more befitting its status in the heirarchy, like tape delay at 3AM or something.
Old 10-21-2010   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
They should air the WS at a time more befitting its status in the heirarchy, like tape delay at 3AM or something.
Baseball should be radio only.

And talking about the Yankees on ESPN should get you fired.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #4
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Baseball >>>>>>>>>>> Football if my teams aren't playing.
Old 10-21-2010   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Baseball >>>>>>>>>>> Football if my teams aren't playing.
I agree. If the Texans aren't playing and there's a WS game on, then I'm picking baseball easily.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL wins easily. No way would I miss a Saints v. Steelers game for a mere baseball game, even if it is a WS.

Regular season football >>>>>>> WS every day of the week for me.
Old 10-21-2010   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on who is pitching and whether the game could end the series for me.

Halladay vs Lee

Oswalt vs anyone

Lincecum vs Lee

all would be more interesting to me than a regular season nfl game, even if it is steelers vs saints.

All the nationally televised games so far seem to be 100% boring
Old 10-21-2010   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like it's time to do some channel flipping.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The NFL wins easily. No way would I miss a Saints v. Steelers game for a mere baseball game, even if it is a WS.

this^
Old 10-21-2010   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Only reason I'm watching is because a Texas team has a chance to beat the Yankees and win the whole thing. I got no beef with The Rangers.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #11
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Only reason I'm watching is because a Texas team has a chance to beat the Yankees and win the whole thing. I got no beef with The Rangers.
Don't really care about the Rangers but I despise the Yankees and all they stand for, so I hope the Rangers win. That said, I'll watch the WS if it's on and I need something to watch, but I'd rather watch an NFL game than the WS.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 62699 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Don't really care about the Rangers but I despise the Yankees and all they stand for, so I hope the Rangers win. That said, I'll watch the WS if it's on and I need something to watch, but I'd rather watch an NFL game than the WS.
What is it that the yankees stand for that you despise? Win at all costs?
Old 10-21-2010   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 25997 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I flip back and forth. I think I read somewhere that the Titans at Jags MNF game got higher ratings than the Rangers at Yankees on Monday.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #14
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
What is it that the yankees stand for that you despise? Win at all costs?
Win at all costs, trying to buy championships, etc. The organization seems to have the attitude that they ARE baseball. They are the Dallas Cowboys of MLB, except worse.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #15
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Yep!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #16
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I will watch the Rangers if they make it in however not over any NFL game. Also if the WS has the Yankees I won't be watching at all.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 25997 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I do agree with those that are saying regular season football >> baseball (even the WS). I'll check back and forth for score updates, but unless it's in the 8th or 9th inning and the game is close, I won't turn away from NFL. Football >> all other sports.
Old 10-21-2010   #18
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

As hard as it may be to believe but Yankee fans are far worse than Cowboys fans.

Any NFL regular season game is much, much better that baseball.

Baseball should be done and over with by the time football season starts.
Old 10-21-2010   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Baseball is the sports filler that holds you over from the NBA Finals until the NFL starts up again.
Old 10-21-2010   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Win at all costs, trying to buy championships, etc. The organization seems to have the attitude that they ARE baseball. They are the Dallas Cowboys of MLB, except worse.
I wish we had an owner that was willing to spend a fraction of the money that the Yankees do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read