Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-28-2005   #1
Dionysus22
Veteran

Default Strange feeling...

Do you guys get the strangest feeling that this whole Rogers/Smith thing is quite similar to Leaf/Manning? I mean I know San Deigo isn't involved but we might be headed for another "bomb shell" from one of these two. Which one do you think will have the more successful career? Your thoughts...
Dionysus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

My gut tells me that Alex Smith is the one that is Peyton Manning material. Putting completely aside that he got a standing ovation at his Pro day workout, the interviews of him during the post season bowl games left me tremendously impressed with his knowledge of various schemes and protections. He has what it takes from the neck up.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think either would turn out being as bad as Leaf...The main thing that hurt Leaf was his immaturity and inability to read schemes...My gut instinct is that Smith will be the better pro, but Rodgers should still be a solid starter...
Old 03-28-2005   #4
cadahnic
All Pro

I think Alex Smith is the best prospect due to his athleticism and knowledge. He also lives in the film room like Peyton. He is not Peyton and he will never be, but he might be good enough to be Eli. Aaron Rogers reminds me of Trent Dilfer when he was young, which is better than Kyle Boller so what the hell. I think they will both be solid. I hope Alex Smith falls to eight so the Cardinals can get him and then that means hopefully DJ will have fallen to nine so we can move up and grab him.
cadahnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #5
outofhnd
All Pro

Personally it really depends on the offenses each respective QB is thrown into.
If Alex is in Cleveland I can definately see him as Clevelands version of Tom Brady playing within himself and not trying to force things.

If Alex ends up in Arizona I dont think he will do as well. The Denny Green Offense is run then attack veritically. I think Rodgers would be a better Arizona QB.

In Cleveland Rodgers would put to much on the line and would make bad decisions and become impatient. now if SF opps for the west coast again Rodgers then Smith. KC/STL offense Smith over Rodgers.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005   #6
Mr Shush
Veteran

Yeah, obviously neither of them's going to be Manning. It's too early to totally rule out one or both of them being Leaf, but I think the truth is that they'll both be somewhere in between.
Mr Shush is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read