Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-20-2010   #1
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Zimmer on Bobby Petrino

You gotta love MZ's honesty here. I don't see how Petrino can walk into a kids living room and recruit. He's winning at Arkansas, but I sure wouldn't want my kid playing for him.......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tless-bastard/

Let's just say Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer doesn't look back fondly on his days coaching under Bobby Petrino in Atlanta.

"He's a gutless bastard. Quote that. I don't give a s---," Zimmer said Wednesday, according to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

When Zimmer was told that responsible news organization may not be able to use "bastard," Zimmer responded:

"How about this, gutless MF. You can use that." (Awesome. Much appreciated.)

Petrino famously didn't tell any of his assistants that he was leaving Atlanta for the head coaching job at Arkansas. On Sunday, Zimmer's Bengals face a Falcons team that has been almost completely remade since 2007, especially on defense.

Meanwhile, the "gutless bastard" has Arkansas back in the top 25 in college football.

"Woo Pig Sooie!"

UPDATE: More from Zimmer, via Reedy: "[Petrino] is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people's lives, a bunch of people's families, kids, because he didn't have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That's the truth."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read