Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2010   #1
J_R
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2074 J_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respectedJ_R is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans will rest Foster with more Ward

Quote:
When the Texans signed Derrick Ward, they had lost Ben Tate and were banged up at running back. They were confident Arian Foster would be good, but they didnt know hed be the NFLs leading rusher as they got to their bye after six weeks.

Ward played well when Foster was benched for most of the first half of the win at Oakland and Sunday in a win over the Chiefs he was a big contributor again with three carries for 58 yards, including a 38-yard touchdown in the third quarter that cut a two touchdown lead for the Chiefs in half.

Hes telling us we need to get him on the field more, coach Gary Kubiak told Houston reporters Tuesday. Arian will be totally fresh if hes playing, if not then Derrick will be out there. We were even talking about how good he looked just practicing today. Remember when he came in, we talked about him losing six or seven pounds? Hes down now and is really going to help us down the stretch.

Ward said hes excited about the possibility of getting to showcase what he can do.
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...with-more-ward

More from the Chron:
Quote:
Ward up

He has a 1,000-yard season under his belt, in 2008 with the New York Giants, which is something no other Texans running back besides Steve Slaton can boast. And if not for Arian Foster, Derrick Ward looks good enough at the moment to do it again.

He feels good enough, too.

"I'm able to get out there and feel fresh when my number is called," said Ward, who has carried the ball 17 times for 141 yards and three touchdowns. "Hopefully, I'll be able to replicate what I did (with the Giants)."

Coach Gary Kubiak said Ward was about 6 or 7 pounds over his optimum playing weight when the Texans acquired him. Now that he's dropped that extra weight, he's been so impressive that Kubiak has no qualms whatsoever about using Ward to spell Foster.

"He's going to really help us down the stretch," Kubiak said.

Ward is just 30, but because Slaton and Foster are both 24, he's considered the old man of the group. When told Foster was mocking his age, Ward said to Foster, "You want to go to the YMCA?"

Without missing a beat, Foster replied, "Didn't you found that?"
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/7254897.html
J_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #2
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans will rest Foster with more Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffery Martin
He has a 1,000-yard season under his belt, in 2008 with the New York Giants, which is something no other Texans running back besides Steve Slaton can boast.
Wow. How insightful. That is pretty useless information given who we have, their time in the league, and chances to start.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #3
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary,

Don't **** up the brightest spot in my RB rotation for fantasy football.

Signed,

Lots of people who play in pay leagues
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #4
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Ssshhhhh...

That sound you hear right now is the collective explosion of FF geeks' heads around the world.
Old 10-20-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Ssshhhhh...

That sound you hear right now is the collective explosion of FF geeks' heads around the world.
Haha. I yell at the 9ers all the time cause Dixon gets goal line touches away from Frank Gore.
Old 10-20-2010   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Ssshhhhh...

I missed on Foster and he's kicked my ass twice in 2 different leagues. I just picked up Ward in both of them.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I still do not see Kubiak using Slaton in the best role for him ala Reggie Bush or Chris Johnson. I see a Foster, Ward, Tate roster with Slaton possibly traded. I am hopeful Trindon Holiday will be our returner.
Old 10-21-2010   #8
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Gary,

Don't **** up the brightest spot in my RB rotation for fantasy football.

Signed,

Lots of people who play in pay leagues
Gary,

Please do what you gotta do and the week I play the Foster owner, it's probably a good idea to just give him about three or four carries and pass the rest of the time...preferrably TD's to Jacoby Jones.

Sincerely,
Guy who doesn't have Foster in his money league
Old 10-21-2010   #9
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe this also means more motivation for Foster?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #10
machineo
Rookie

Rep Power: 233 machineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respectedmachineo is a quality contributor and well respected

Earth Wind and Fire v.2 when Tate comes back year!
machineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be the writing on the wall you see mr. slaton.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #12
HOUFan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 HOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden coverHOUFan could be on the next Madden cover

During that Raider game I know a lot of F.F. Foster owners were ticked off at Kubiak for benching Foster for mostly the first half....but then bam comes out with fresh legs and gets a great TD run. Maybe this will keep Foster fresh and keep that chip on his shoulder that he needs to run great and make the best of each run.
HOUFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I still do not see Kubiak using Slaton in the best role for him ala Reggie Bush or Chris Johnson. I see a Foster, Ward, Tate roster with Slaton possibly traded. I am hopeful Trindon Holiday will be our returner.
I hope Holliday can take slot reps away from DA next year, or that they draft a dependable slot guy.
Old 10-21-2010   #14
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineo View Post
Earth Wind and Fire v.2 when Tate comes back year!
Going to be interesting to see what happens when Tate returns....

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #15
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27155 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Going to be interesting to see what happens when Tate returns....

When Tate returns we'll have both quality and depth that we've never had before and be in a really good situation. I hope that Slaton is smart enough to read the writing on the wall and realize that he might not be here much longer. Maybe we can showcase Slaton a little toward the end of the season and pump up his trade value.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #16
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
When Tate returns we'll have both quality and depth that we've never had before and be in a really good situation. I hope that Slaton is smart enough to read the writing on the wall and realize that he might not be here much longer. Maybe we can showcase Slaton a little toward the end of the season and pump up his trade value.
I'm sure you meant showcase Slaton when we're resting our starters for the final two games right?

Showcasing Slaton down the stretch isn't a sound decision at this juncture in our attempt at improving the history of winning. He's about due for several fumbles.
Old 10-23-2010   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39337 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I think the runnings backs in 2011 will be Foster, Tate, and Ward if there is any football at all of course.
Old 10-24-2010   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I missed on Foster and he's kicked my ass twice in 2 different leagues. I just picked up Ward in both of them.
I'm in the process of trading Arian Foster for Andre Johnson. I've been expecting Foster's fantasy production to decline for two reasons: 1) Teams will start figuring out how to block his cutback lanes like the Giants did, severely reducing his number of big plays. 2) Derrick Ward is really, really good, and he's about to take half the carries.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I'm in the process of trading Arian Foster for Andre Johnson. I've been expecting Foster's fantasy production to decline for two reasons: 1) Teams will start figuring out how to block his cutback lanes like the Giants did, severely reducing his number of big plays. 2) Derrick Ward is really, really good, and he's about to take half the carries.
I wouldn't do it. Foster gives you more guaranteed points than Johnson would. I'm lucky enough to have both on my money league (along with Reggie Wayne, Rivers, Santana Moss, LeSean McCoy, Bironas, and Hines Ward). I really drafted well this year.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I wouldn't do it. Foster gives you more guaranteed points than Johnson would. I'm lucky enough to have both on my money league (along with Reggie Wayne, Rivers, Santana Moss, LeSean McCoy, Bironas, and Hines Ward). I really drafted well this year.
I would keep Foster. He's never given me anything less than 10 points all season. Even last week when he only had 74 yards, he still had like another 30 something yards in receiving. He's also shown to give multiple TDs in one game.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read