Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-20-2010   #1
TEXANJAK
Texans #1

Rep Power: 126 TEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANJAK is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How do you see the rest of the season going?

We got some games under are belt now.wondering where everyone sees us going.I think deep playoff run.
TEXANJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #2
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How do you see the rest of the season going?

Oh yeah, this should be a fun thread right here...

I think it all depends on the defense.

..........and let the flood gates open........CL Rant and Rave style

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

If our D doesn't improve, we'll go 9-7 ish and miss the play offs by a game. They'll use injuries as an excuse and everyone will be back. They will refuse to get a fat ass dt, will keep Zerokoye because he had a "heck of a year". Make no real changes, not touch a FS in the draft and come openning day we'll see the same ole bland awful defense. Kubiak will "stick to his guys", we'll have an injury that gives us a built in excuse, rinse repeat.
Old 10-20-2010   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

9-7, no playoffs. Just being honest about how I see it now.

Next year? Locked out. 2012 we go undefeated until the end of the world as we know it in December and the season obviously ends short of any playoffs.

This is why I'm not big on prediction threads.
Old 10-20-2010   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Historicals during the Kubiak regime would show us going 4-6 for the remainder of the games. I was bullish pegging us at 11 wins before the season, but see us finishing up at 8-8

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W
Old 10-20-2010   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I see a lot of complaining, arguing, calling for heads and exaggeration.
Old 10-20-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Historicals during the Kubiak regime would show us going 4-6 for the remainder of the games. I was bullish pegging us at 11 wins before the season, but see us finishing up at 8-8

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W
I'm kind of leaning this way, as well. The only way we win games is if the offense puts up 30+, and since they don't seem to consistently show up, we can't really count on that. The only thing we can count on for sure is the defense giving up 400+ yards a game and the most points in the NFL. As teams scout the games against Dallas and NYG, I suspect the offense will be slowed enough to lose a few more than ought to be lost.
Old 10-20-2010   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: How do you see the rest of the season going?
Painful
Old 10-20-2010   #9
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W
I can see that. Mayb switch the Tennessee split to where the Texans win there and lose here instead. Seems they (we) get fired up more by the opposing crowd than they do their own.
Old 10-20-2010   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Painful
^^This^^

If they dont figure out how to get their defense off the field ..... other than giving up points.

I expect "The Bye Week" to put up record numbers against the Texans defense this week while the Texans offense does just enough to keep the score even.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how the rest of the season will go, and predicting ANYTHING about the Texans other than their unpredictability is a waste of time. But, if the Texans don't make the playoffs this year I'm going to be pissed and calling for everyone's head on a platter. That's just how it is.

Now, until we actually get to the point where we make or don't make the playoffs, I'm trying to stay positive instead of a negative nilly. But make no mistake about how I'll feel if they don't make the playoffs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #12
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
^^This^^

If they dont figure out how to get their defense off the field ..... other than giving up points.

I expect "The Bye Week" to put up record numbers against the Texans defense this week while the Texans offense does just enough to keep the score even.
Ouch. I agree on both accounts.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #13
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we come out of the bye huge. That will be a win, IMO. We are a tough match-up for the Colts.
Old 10-20-2010   #14
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Still 10-6.

I'm sorry but lol @ starting 7-4 and finishing 1-4. If you think we're gonna go 1-4 in a stretch, then make it for mid-season, not late in the year where they thrive.
Old 10-20-2010   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W
Hilarious.

Ladies and gents, if you are going to talk about kubiak's regime...at least put the losses in the right spots.
Old 10-20-2010   #16
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we lose the Indy game and that starts the downward spiral. The second half of our season schedule is brutal and I think we go 7-9 or 8-8 at best. Hopefully McNair has had enough and Kubiak and Co. are gone. I don't see any miracle turn around for this team, a zebra just doesn't change it's stripes, and this team is weak in the trenches.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Hilarious.

Ladies and gents, if you are going to talk about kubiak's regime...at least put the losses in the right spots.
I do not find it funny that Kubiak is 35-35 during his tenure.
Old 10-20-2010   #18
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

we made zero changes on defense....so the hope they get it together on defense stuff is really tired guys.....we are what we are and the secondary is gonna continue getting torched....no veteren leadership back there

so with tht being said......we might sneak in a playoff spot but get destroyed like a red headed stepchild one and done with a embarrasing loss that will make this messageboard a hot bed of pink soap....everyone must go and there will be chaos and pillaging down fannin st
Old 10-20-2010   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I do see us improving on defense, but only up from the bottom of the barrel to about 25th at most. That & the offense finally finding their grove will enable us to go 10-6 but i'm not sure if that's gonna be enough for us to win the division or get a wildcard.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #20
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

@Colts - L
SD - W
@Jax - W
@NYJ - L
Ten - W
@Phi - L
Bal - L
@Ten - L
@Den - L
Jac - W
Im going pretty much the same except for pulling out a win in Denver or Philly for a 9-7 season.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read