Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-19-2010   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We won but we saw the most pathetic thing I've seen to date

Late in the game, needing a stop Reliant stadium was as loud as any place I've ever been.

The fans, and say what you want about the fans forcing anything.. but The fans forced a timeout. On 3rd and 2 it was so loud they had to burn a time out to keep from getting a penalty. Then they come back out of the time out and it gets so loud, again... still 3rd and 2... that they get a DOG penalty.

What happens? We give up like 10 yards on 3rd and 7. I was sick to my stomach. I literally turned around and told the people behind me I was sorry for wasting their time and that I wouldn't ask them to get up on their feet again. It was embarassing because a lot of fans (I was in 120) were on their feet and encouraging other people to stand up... literally maybe 50% were standing before the down by the end everyone in our section minus one or two people were standing and yelling. It was just embarassing to be one of the guys yelling at people to stand up and yell (not like we should have had to do that to begin with, but that's another story) and then to give up a play like that.

Thank gawd we came back and won the game..

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #2
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We won but we saw the most pathetic thing I've seen to date

That was a rough span of time. They almost got a second DoG, had receivers running around all confused, and still got it.
Old 10-19-2010   #3
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mods can you move this pls. I meant it to be in texans talk. I'm an *****.

Mike

Old 10-19-2010   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

You know what's really pathetic? KC still lost to us. So did Indy, Washington, and Oakland.

We have THE best offense in the NFL. THE BEST...

The Colts don't have our running game. Who does?

Most of the best teams don't have our passing game.

We had the best passing game (even over the Colts) last year.

We have the best running game (OK, maybe not statistically right now because of the Giants game) in the NFL.

We've played 6 games and, as bad as our D is, our O has made the other team's D look even worse 4 times. At least our D doesn't give up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter.

Those guys on D are bound to get better as the season wears on. I know we lost Demeco, but these guys are not THAT freaking bad. They're just all screwed up right now. Yes, I know there are some problems that just won't get better (like the lack of pressure up the middle--ahem--Okoye) and the D is sub-par, but it's not THAT bad.

Meanwhile, the offense will continue to ROLL...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #5
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
You know what's really pathetic? KC still lost to us. So did Indy, Washington, and Oakland.

We have THE best offense in the NFL. THE BEST...

The Colts don't have our running game. Who does?

Most of the best teams don't have our passing game.

We had the best passing game (even over the Colts) last year.

We have the best running game (OK, maybe not statistically right now because of the Giants game) in the NFL.

We've played 6 games and, as bad as our D is, our O has made the other team's D look even worse 4 times. At least our D doesn't give up 3 TDs in the 4th quarter.

Those guys on D are bound to get better as the season wears on. I know we lost Demeco, but these guys are not THAT freaking bad. They're just all screwed up right now. Yes, I know there are some problems that just won't get better (like the lack of pressure up the middle--ahem--Okoye) and the D is sub-par, but it's not THAT bad.

Meanwhile, the offense will continue to ROLL...

Nice enthusiasm.

Mike

Old 10-20-2010   #6
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

I will admit the disappointment in giving up that yardage on def and kc getting the 1st down...but, it's a tough game. We as fans have to just keep giving it our all. Those guys on the field, hopefully will do the same.
I love your enthusiasm on getting people on their feet!
I try like heck up in Sec 637 to get people fired up, but a lot of them, not all, would rather eat nachos and sit on their butts.
Lets keep workign to be THE HOME FIELD advantage!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #7
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
I will admit the disappointment in giving up that yardage on def and kc getting the 1st down...but, it's a tough game. We as fans have to just keep giving it our all. Those guys on the field, hopefully will do the same.
I love your enthusiasm on getting people on their feet!
I try like heck up in Sec 637 to get people fired up, but a lot of them, not all, would rather eat nachos and sit on their butts.
Lets keep workign to be THE HOME FIELD advantage!
Amen to that......We can have a effect on the game....if we all keep that noise level up.....it does make a difference in the game.....stay loud and proud..........
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2010   #8
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Fan generated noise only comes into play when you've got a good defense. No amount of screaming and banging on seats is going to make a bad defense better. I've lost my voice on too many 3rd and longs that get converted by the opposing team to count.
Old 10-20-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
True..... True..
Old 10-22-2010   #10
Stuttgarter
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Stuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respectedStuttgarter is a quality contributor and well respected

Shame more Texans fans weren’t about to see the win!! When Kansas scored their last touchdown there were shed loads of Texans fans heading for the exits. Shame that as they missed an incredible comeback. Hopefully they might think twice about doing the same again, stay and cheer their team on until the end. You never know what can happen. Great scenes in the end, lots of high fives and a whole lot of whooping…

Appreciate it wasn’t all good, mind. The amount of times that the Texans had Kansas at third down only to see them pull off something to get the first down was extremely frustrating. But still great game and that makes me 2-0 supporting the Texans…

Last edited by Stuttgarter; 10-22-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Stuttgarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuttgarter View Post
Shame more Texans fans weren’t about to see the win!! When Kansas scored their last touchdown there were shed loads of Texans fans heading for the exits. Shame that as they missed an incredible comeback. Hopefully they might think twice about doing the same again, stay and cheer their team on until the end. You never know what can happen. Great scenes in the end, lots of high fives and a whole lot of whooping…
It's interesting that we expect the players to keep fighting till the end.

Many of us won't watch that long.
Old 10-22-2010   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 61122 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that burns me is that the only time the Texans defense gets their hands in the air is before the play trying to get the crowd noise up and then they promptly give up a big play, 3rd down conversion or whatever. When the Giants defense got their hands in the air, they knocked down passes.

How about you quit worrying about what the fans are doing and concentrate on making plays?

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read