Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2010   #1
Shaft75
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7233 Shaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respectedShaft75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Trade Rumor Mill

I'm tired of searching...

If anyone finds anything worthy, please post. I just hope we can put something together to improve our D. A blockbuster deal could make our season.
Shaft75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #2
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Trade Rumor Mill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

If anyone finds anything worthy, please post. I just hope we can put something together to improve our D. A blockbuster deal could make our season.
I was gonna make the same type thread.

I just don't see the Texans making any significant move, hope I'm wrong though.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

"We are gonna go with the guys we got" Kubiak has stated that over and over. The sooner we realize that, the better.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
"We are gonna go with the guys we got" Kubiak has stated that over and over. The sooner we realize that, the better.
Well, if he does, and the season ends how I think it may, he can go with his guys to get his pink slip.
Old 10-19-2010   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56944 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

We're gonna solve the secondary problems "in house"

Thanks Kubes.......

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

When do we ever make blockbuster trades LOL lock this thread :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2010   #8
jshabang
Quality Backup!

Rep Power: 90 jshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respectedjshabang is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Well, if he does, and the season ends how I think it may, he can go with his guys to get his pink slip.
exactly....he can yell that to the mountain tops and be stubborn about his swiss cheese defense all he wants........he dont fix this defense he will be back to his old job offensive coordinator in no time
Old 10-19-2010   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaft75 View Post

Just found a cold homebrewed extra hoppy IPA in the back iof the fridge, cheers!

Oh, you mean football!
Old 10-19-2010   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
We're gonna solve the secondary problems "in house"

Thanks Kubes.......
My, my.......so many choices........so many choices.........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #11
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Just found a cold homebrewed extra hoppy IPA in the back iof the fridge, cheers!

Oh, you mean football!
not a huge IPA fan but congrats on the great find.

Old 10-19-2010   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
When do we ever make blockbuster trades LOL lock this thread :P
People act like this is special to the Texans. Very few big trades are made in the NFL and most of those are when someone has made a pain in the butt out of themselves.
Old 10-19-2010   #13
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Totally agree, Kubiak & Co. can't leave soon enough for me.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
People act like this is special to the Texans. Very few big trades are made in the NFL and most of those are when someone has made a pain in the butt out of themselves.
I agree, but this is the year I think you can get a player, if you make a decent offer. When you are 4-2 and your defense ranks 33 out of 32 teams, yo have to do something. Doing nothing and pounding your chest saying "I'm sticking with my guys" isn't doing a whole lot.
Old 10-19-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post

Oh, you mean football!
Bleh...

I just can't get into the hoppy tasting beers. IPAs and strong wheats just make me gag 95% of the time.
Old 10-19-2010   #16
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 20837 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Bleh...

I just can't get into the hoppy tasting beers. IPAs and strong wheats just make me gag 95% of the time.
it's like going outside and grabbing a giant pine tree branch and chewing on it.. WTF is up with all the hoppy beers these days.. I guess it's trendy?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #17
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, this is one of the dullest parts of the NFL. You can't count on major trades once the season starts. But I, like others, am hoping the Texans pull something off.

For the hopeful, Kubiak did say this:

Quote:
(on if executing a trade is an option for finding a replacement for LB DeMeco Ryans) “It’s part of the conversation. I think we have to look at everything. We have to look at any possible availability we think that can help make us better and help our football team throughout the next 10 weeks. The deadline is tomorrow, but we’ve got to look at everything so it’s an ongoing process today.”
(on if he is open to trade draft picks to find a replacement of LB DeMeco Ryans) “I can’t speak for (GM) Rick (Smith) on that. I know both of us together will do anything to make our football team better. We’re in a tough situation right now in losing a captain and a great football player. We’ve got to explore everything, but what’s going to end up being best for our team? I don’t know. My biggest concern to this is the health of the other guys also. Not just (LB) DeMeco (Ryans) being out.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...3-c6b84b00c9c6
They aren't trying to trade for a CB, but they are looking for a LB. I also think that management is looking for safety help. Notice how every time he is asked about the secondary, Kubiak just says that he is gonna roll with the corners, "the guys on the outside," that he has. No word on the safeties, though.

The team is desperate for LB help, but they can't go all Minnesota for Herschel Walker to get it.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the rules make it somewhat difficult to move players in a regular season - the way traded players affect the cap - but with this being an uncapped year , things could be quite different.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #19
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Just was listening to Fantasy Sports radio on XM. They said usually this is very quiet but some running backs could get shipped around. Willis McGahee, DeAngelo Williams, and also Steve Slaton. They of course didnt mention sources. But thought i would share.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 104409 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, especially during the season. Plus, I reckon the prices go up on trades during the season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read