Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-19-2010   #1
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Haynesworth Price dropped

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b729e9/article/alls-quiet-on-the-trade-front-as-deadline-approaches
"The Redskins have been holding out for a second-round pick, according to sources, but the price could be dropping, sources say, with the deadline now just hours away."
If this is true, I'm dissapointed that he's not a Texan right now. Next year is an uncapped year. Anything below a 2nd (and maybe even a 2nd) is legitimate value for this guy. If we haven't called up and said "I'll give you a 3rd for him right now with the potential to make it a 2nd" then I'm officially pissed. With the new problems up the middle, a guy who can keep blockers off of the ligher Diles would be a premium. Did I mention he can help the pass rush when he's motivated?

If the Titans get him and he wrecks shop against us there should be hell to pay.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Haynesworth Price dropped

hey hey hey...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #3
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Since we know the Texans we know it's almost surely not going to happen.

But my offer would be a 4th with a chance to move up to 3 (possibly a 2 if he plays lights-out).

However, I would have to make some sort of condition in the contract stating that he has to show up for all meetings, practices, etc. and not cause a distraction due to turd-ness. Violation of these results in lowered base salary. Also, with this guy you've got to make his pay conditional on his play. Once he's got that money he ain't workin' anymore.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 269943 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
If this is true, I'm dissapointed that he's not a Texan right now. Next year is an uncapped year. Anything below a 2nd (and maybe even a 2nd) is legitimate value for this guy. If we haven't called up and said "I'll give you a 3rd for him right now with the potential to make it a 2nd" then I'm officially pissed. With the new problems up the middle, a guy who can keep blockers off of the ligher Diles would be a premium. Did I mention he can help the pass rush when he's motivated?

If the Titans get him and he wrecks shop against us there should be hell to pay.

Mike

I agree with this. I'd give a 3 (could be a 2 with incentives met) in a heartbeat to sign a better DT than anybody who's played here since day one. The man can collapse a pocket in a 4-3 like nobody's business. With Mario and Smith on the ends he'd be fed a steady diet of QB's trying to step up.

I think even Cody and Okoye would benefit from playing next to him.
Old 10-19-2010   #5
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141321 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

"...And he's gonna sing a song for you! And Bill's gonna show you a thing or two."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 10-19-2010   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216706 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I agree with this. I'd give a 3 (could be a 2 with incentives met) in a heartbeat to sign a better DT than anybody who's played here since day one. The man can collapse a pocket in a 4-3 like nobody's business. With Mario and Smith on the ends he'd be fed a steady diet of QB's trying to step up.

I think even Cody and Okoye would benefit from playing next to him.
This would be a reasonable deal........as long as his salary would be linked in some way to performance (and other factors such as those that CD brought up).
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #7
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 139897 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

In...a....heartbeat. Did anybody see Ogunleye flailing around out there on Sunday? Does anyone here think Haynesworth could look WORSE than that?

A Third, conditional Second (on performance) is a no-brainer.
Old 10-19-2010   #8
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 29696 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
Since we know the Texans we know it's almost surely not going to happen.

But my offer would be a 4th with a chance to move up to 3 (possibly a 2 if he plays lights-out).

However, I would have to make some sort of condition in the contract stating that he has to show up for all meetings, practices, etc. and not cause a distraction due to turd-ness. Violation of these results in lowered base salary. Also, with this guy you've got to make his pay conditional on his play. Once he's got that money he ain't workin' anymore.
I not too sure of the feasablity of that, probably would break some rule with collective bargaining.
Old 10-19-2010   #9
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

"You'll have some fun now...with me and all the gang. Learning from each other...WHILE WE DO OUR THING!"
Old 10-19-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think a 2nd is fair.

He got some coin witht he Skins..and now I tihnk he'd be open to returning to a true 4-3 defense, playing alongside Mario on that d-line, and getting a chance to go against the Titans, Jags, and Colts again.

Call me silly, but I think the AFC South is his niche division.

He's not ever going to try hard for the Redskins. I think it's his own fault, but he's too prideful to turn it around and essentially prove that he was dogging it for so long there. He needs an out. We could give him one.

But...we're talking about the Texans. Gurry Kubiak is bent on only acquiring the lesser-talented free agents so that he has a chance to look like a genius for having discovered someone else's cast-offs. He likes to mine the rock, chisel away the outside of it, and reveal the gem inside it...it's how he feels about running backs. It's how he grabbed Schaub.

Man, if we DID get Albert and he even provided half his potential, it's better than what we got now.
Old 10-19-2010   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care how bad we're struggling, haynesworth is bad news & i don't want to see this dude in a texans uni. Anybody but this lazy, good for nothing, chemistry killing fat punk.....
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think a 2nd is fair.

He got some coin witht he Skins..and now I tihnk he'd be open to returning to a true 4-3 defense, playing alongside Mario on that d-line, and getting a chance to go against the Titans, Jags, and Colts again.

Call me silly, but I think the AFC South is his niche division.

He's not ever going to try hard for the Redskins. I think it's his own fault, but he's too prideful to turn it around and essentially prove that he was dogging it for so long there. He needs an out. We could give him one.

But...we're talking about the Texans. Gurry Kubiak is bent on only acquiring the lesser-talented free agents so that he has a chance to look like a genius for having discovered someone else's cast-offs. He likes to mine the rock, chisel away the outside of it, and reveal the gem inside it...it's how he feels about running backs. It's how he grabbed Schaub.

Man, if we DID get Albert and he even provided half his potential, it's better than what we got now.
Great visual. I rather enjoyed the well-worded description. Rep.

Stop thinking about Haynesworth or any other scenarios. Our front office grades big as if they're a cubic zircona. Maybe it's tough to put a price on a gem that one worked so hard on to hone or they like the dirty spots which give it character.

Old 10-19-2010   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't offer anything better than a 4th. He's a fat, lazy ass who stopped trying once he got paid.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I wouldn't offer anything better than a 4th. He's a fat, lazy ass who stopped trying once he got paid.
To be fair, he stopped trying once they switched his role/position.

We're a 4-3. He should want to play here
Old 10-19-2010   #15
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

He's worth a second when he wants to play football, but when he doesn't, he aint worth a nickle.

Forth round pick at most.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read