Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2010   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mr. McNair, please pay Zack Diles, he deserves a Raise

To most, Zac Diles, No. 54, is the other guy. To some, he is just a guy.

His teammates and coaches know better. Diles, 25, is a key factor in the Texans' having one of the league's better starting linebacker crews.

Now, the other guy might be asked to be the guy.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7253064.html
Good story in the Chronicle by Solomon.
&&
After all he's been thru including IR one year and starting at LB for several years, I believe Diles is still playing under the origional contract he got as a
7th round pick several years ago ? After giving meg-stars A.Johnson & DeMeco (now IR himself ) huge new contracts, can't you throw a few crumbs the way of one of the teams real unsung heroes, especially now since he's so much more valuable with the loss of DeMeco ?
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #2
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mr. McNair, please pay Zack Diles, he deserves a Raise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post

His teammates and coaches know better. Diles, 25, is a key factor in the Texans' having one of the league's better starting linebacker crews.

&&
After all he's been thru including IR one year and starting at LB for several years, I believe Diles is still playing under the origional contract he got as a
7th round pick several years ago ? After giving meg-stars A.Johnson & DeMeco (now IR himself ) huge new contracts, can't you throw a few crumbs the way of one of the teams real unsung heroes, especially now since he's so much more valuable with the loss of DeMeco ?
Um. Zack Diles? On defense? Give him a raise? You know he plays on the Houston Texans right? As in the worst defense I've seen since "If it ddoesn't fit you must acquit".

Just saying. Maybe we should climb out of the cellar before we go giving raises to people.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #3
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

LOLzorz.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #4
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Diles was fantastic last year, but this year he's been a bit of a let down.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

The linebackers as whole have. Nixon looked good though.
Old 10-19-2010   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
I thought Diles was fantastic last year, but this year he's been a bit of a let down.
In their pass defense, I agree.

But Diles does what he does very well. If he steps it up & be that guy we need in the absence of Demeco..... expect someone else to offer him a lot of money that he deserves.
Old 10-19-2010   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Um. Zack Diles? On defense? Give him a raise? You know he plays on the Houston Texans right? As in the worst defense I've seen since "If it ddoesn't fit you must acquit".
Hey now...say what you want about our defense...but that defense was a hell of a scheme! If only our coaches could scheme for an offense like that one...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2010   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been a huge Diles advocate, but he's been pretty disappointing so far this season. Then again, so have the other 10.

You want to give someone a raise...give it to the fans. They're the one's who ride the emotional roller coaster every week. Throw crap, cuss and beat the dog while we're on defense just to turn around and pet and give the dog a treat on offense. Damn dog is mind-****ed after every game
Old 10-19-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post

Just saying. Maybe we should climb out of the cellar before we go giving raises to people.

Mike
Rep. Great post. Why are we in such a hurry to cut our defense a fat paycheck? Seems like this is a perfect season to keep their bitching about a new contract down.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Zack Diles has looked like a very replacable part for most of his career to me. This is his chance to earn more money by stepping up, but he is far from any type of "pay me" requests.
Old 10-19-2010   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Diles is Just A Guy. He was drafted in the 7th round, so Just A Guy is impressive, but still. I sympathize with the 7th round price tag, but as of right now, the defense needs to be giving money back to the team, because they sure as hell aren't earning their money, much less a raise.
Old 10-19-2010   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I liked him as a back up, but I've felt he could be replaced for a while now. He is just another guy. Great to have as a spot back-up/special teamer, as as a starter.
Old 10-19-2010   #13
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

In a league where you can't have all-pros at every position due to the salary cap and considering how much Diles makes compared to how much he produces, I'd say he is one of the best value players on the team.

Who you pay is a matter of picking your battles and the WLB position I'd just assume keep a player there who is maybe average (slightly below average? I dunno) compared to WLBs throughout the league but solid and consistent.

I'd love to sign him to something like a 5 year, $10-12 million contract.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #14
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
In a league where you can't have all-pros at every position due to the salary cap and considering how much Diles makes compared to how much he produces, I'd say he is one of the best value players on the team.

Who you pay is a matter of picking your battles and the WLB position I'd just assume keep a player there who is maybe average (slightly below average? I dunno) compared to WLBs throughout the league but solid and consistent.

I'd love to sign him to something like a 5 year, $10-12 million contract.
However, his only consistent point is lack of play making ability and inability to cover a TE.
Old 10-19-2010   #15
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Is this thread for real?

:vomit:
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post

&&
If Diles ever played at the level AJ or Ryans did, he would have gotten a raise a long time ago. He's not that great, he's good but not great. If some other team offers him 4 mill a year for X years, he will be gone, but I highly doubt that will happen. Even if he does leave the team, I'm fairly confident Sharpton could step into his role and do just as well.
Old 10-19-2010   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Is this thread for real?

:vomit:
"For realz playa?"
Old 10-19-2010   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Pay me , I can tackle better than anyone who attempted a tackle in the second half of Sundays game.

A telling stat about the game , Nixon played a half a game and was second in tackles with seven , the Texans leading tackler for the game was DT Cody with 9. He was all over the place.

Diles was BAD in the second half and has been BAD in coverage all season.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #19
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If Diles ever played at the level AJ or Ryans did, he would have gotten a raise a long time ago. He's not that great, he's good but not great. If some other team offers him 4 mill a year for X years, he will be gone, but I highly doubt that will happen. Even if he does leave the team, I'm fairly confident Sharpton could step into his role and do just as well.
Just read the GD post, will you ! I said crumbs, not tens & tens of millions of $s like AJ and DeMeco received this summer. He is good, actually very good, though certainly not great.
But after 4 years of playing for 2007 7th round slot-money, I think the man is way more than worthy of a raise. He's a multi-year starter at multiple positions in the NFL. That's all I'm saying here.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331516 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

FYI - Diles is being paid $1.1 mil this year. He had play time escalators in his contract. In addition, in prior years he has received significant end of year bonuses for out performing his contract.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read