Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2010   #1
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Rep Power: 86 Blazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Blazin' Toro
Default ESPN gives Texans props.

Was browsing the forums, with ESPN on my TV in the background and outta nowhere I hear the Texans being mentioned, I turned to glance if it was anything involving a trade or move (foolish me) but it was Trent Dilfer talking about how he likes the Texans this year in the AFC South. He brough up a good point saying the Texans used to find ways to lose but now they are finally finding ways to win, especially with their 4 TD's in the second half against Kansas City. It's pretty nice to hear ESPN giving some recognition! Any one else catch our 2 minutes of fame!?
Old 10-18-2010   #2
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8155 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer
Default Re: ESPN gives Texans props.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin' Toro View Post
Was browsing the forums, with ESPN on my TV in the background and outta nowhere I hear the Texans being mentioned, I turned to glance if it was anything involving a trade or move (foolish me) but it was Trent Dilfer talking about how he likes the Texans this year in the AFC South. He brough up a good point saying the Texans used to find ways to lose but now they are finally finding ways to win, especially with their 4 TD's in the second half against Kansas City. It's pretty nice to hear ESPN giving some recognition! Any one else catch our 2 minutes of fame!?
Yeah, I just saw that. The Titans looked damn good tonight, and having said that, the Jags aren't gonna be easy either. We've got our work cut out for us, but I think it's gonna be a fun ride. I'd feel really good about things if we end up 5-2 after Indy, but I'm not about to throw in the towel if we're 4-3 either.

Matt Schaub was also nominated for the GMC "Never Say Never" award. You can vote here:

www.NFL.com/GMC
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #3
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13798 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Getting worried, I hope they are not back on the bandwagon. Seems like the bandwagon fills up...then the Texans lose horribly and everyone jumps right back off...repeat process throughout season.

Pretty sure just a week ago I heard one of these guys say "Same Ole Texans..." during NFL primetime highlight show.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #4
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

After watching last night MNF game, there's no doubt right now that the Texans are the third-best team in the AFC South, at best.
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #5
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEXAN View Post
After watching last night MNF game, there's no doubt right now that the Texans are the third-best team in the AFC South, at best.
Really? I saw a team taking advantage of a poor Jaguars team QB'd by Trent Edwards being taken advantage of.
Old 10-19-2010   #6
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I haven't seen it, but I've been saying the same thing.

Just wait till our offense starts clicking from the first snap, we'll own this league.
Old 10-19-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Really? I saw a team taking advantage of a poor Jaguars team QB'd by Trent Edwards being taken advantage of.
Same here. I'd still take us over the Titans. And Chris Johnson was shut down by the Jags D until the Titans' very last drive.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2010   #8
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lol. Yes, foolish you. Didn't you hear, we're going to fix the secondary issues "in house".

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Old 10-19-2010   #10
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35188 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Same here. I'd still take us over the Titans. And Chris Johnson was shut down by the Jags D until the Titans' very last drive.
We can beat the Jags by 27 points in FLA ? Are you serious ?
And I saw a real "physical", very quick and athletic team last night, not that much different than that team from New-York-City that was in H-Town a couple weeks ago. How'd we do agianst those guys ? Oh yea, that's right.
And did we really trade Jason Babin for some safety who's not in the league anymore ?
Old 10-19-2010   #11
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And I saw a real "physical", very quick and athletic team last night, not that much different than that team from New-York-City that was in H-Town a couple weeks ago. How'd we do agianst those guys ? Oh yea, that's right.
And did we really trade Jason Babin for some safety who's not in the league anymore ?
Please don't forget that it's a divisional matchup. Look at our meetings against the Titans the past two years. Don't know why this year would be any different. And here comes the "why did we let go of Jason Babin" talk. Stuff like that happens. Why was Arian Foster undrafted? Why was Pollard let go? Why was Butler let go?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #12
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Quote:
Yet the Titans were still ahead 23 -3. So they shutdown CJ? Whats the point?

The Titans are a very good football team and it isnt just CJ. They can beat you on defense, with VY throwing the ball or Kerry Collins at QB. If you believe anything else you arent being honest.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #13
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post

The Titans are a very good football team and it isnt just CJ. They cant beat you on defense, with VY throwing the ball or Kerry Collins at QB. If you believe anything else you arent being honest.
C'mon man. Why are you already trolling?

It's not our matchup yet between the Texans and titans.

Too early....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #14
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 6088 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The Titans are a very good football team and it isnt just CJ. They cant beat you on defense, with VY throwing the ball or Kerry Collins at QB. If you believe anything else you arent being honest.
Hey chief, whatever you say.

Way to throw your team under the bus

Old 10-19-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please don't forget that it's a divisional matchup. Look at our meetings against the Titans the past two years. Don't know why this year would be any different. And here comes the "why did we let go of Jason Babin" talk. Stuff like that happens. Why was Arian Foster undrafted? Why was Pollard let go? Why was Butler let go?
Not from me... Jason Babin sucks!! The season he's having this year can be described as "The sun shines on a dog's ass - some days"... 5 years, 5 teams and this guy was as worthless as tit on a boar hog.
Old 10-19-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Hey chief, whatever you say.

Way to throw your team under the bus

You still read that dude's posts?? What are you, a masochist??
Old 10-19-2010   #17
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 52460 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think this explains who THE NFL really is:

Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010   #18
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Jason Babin (now leading the AFC in sacks), was always about being a
4-3 DE, not a 3-4 OLB for which Capers drafted him to play. Kubiak and Co just didn't see his potential in their defensive-scheme when they came to town, even though it was what Babin played in college and what got him drafted in the first round. But your point is well-taken about others like
Foster: "One Person's Trash is Another's Treasure".
Did I hear the announcers say that the Jags drafted DLine in each of the first 4-rounds of the last Draft ? If so, maybe the Texans should consider that strategy in next years Draft ? Seriously.
Old 10-19-2010   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And two other teams had him on their roster and did nothing with him. Tenn has a great dline coach, which is why their guys leave and vanish.
Old 10-19-2010   #20
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 19944 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Would you guys stop quoting this guy? I have him on ignore for a reason... because there isn't a "kick him in the balls with every key he presses" button. Sheesh.

Mike
QFT! They do need a feature here, if enough of us neg rep an 1d10t, it bans them for life

But of course, if that featured existed, I wouldn't be here LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read