Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-18-2010   #1
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Richard Seymour: Make the deal Texans

Trade Slaton/OD for Richard Seymour and then find a way for us to pick up Huff as well toss in a first round pick too..

That'll shore us up a FS with range, dude has major wheels.. and give us inside push on the DT position with Seymour..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Richard Seymour: Make the deal Texans

Insane. You could have Seymour without giving up OD or a first round pick and I doubt the Raiders are going to even want Slaton.

If they're truly interested in rebuilding then you could get him for a 2, possibly less if you offer a pair of picks like a 3 and a 5. Huff and Seymour together and you might give up a 1 and a 2. Take the hit in next years draft, add a later round pick if they want it in the 2012 draft and I bet you could make a deal.
Old 10-18-2010   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw in another thread something about Slaton for Fat Albert .... Dont know how good an idea that is .... or not. But its a hell of a lot cheaper than Seymour asset wise.

After we dump Slaton , we put Vonta Leech back there returning kickoffs .... Or maybe a one of the OL guy's. Any of them would be an upgrade over what Slaton has done returning kicks.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

with no salary cap this year you would expect to see a trade or two.
Old 10-18-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont want Seymour he older then Demco and i dont want to let go of Mattys Fav target OD
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would not rank our need at DE above S, CB, LB, or DT
Old 10-18-2010   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Seymor is a DT in a 4-3 system. He played DE for pats, but is a DT right now.
Old 10-18-2010   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Seymour, no thanks. Michael Huff and/or Chris Johnson? Sure, I could go for that if it doesn't cost too much. I just don't think we have much to give them in return beyond draft picks. They don't need WRs or pass catching TEs, so what do they actually need? Defensive players? Offensive linemen? Runningbacks?
Old 10-18-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I have to imagine any interest in Seymour would be as a DT.

I wouldn't give up OD for him. & though Huff does have range, I was under the impression he's been looking pretty bad lately. I know he looked really bad when he played us.

A 4th, conditional 3rd/5th for Seymour sounds good to me.
Old 10-18-2010   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders have McFadden and Bush as RBs.... they've got good special teams returners... and Zach Miller who is a good TE.

I guess it depends on how much they would want to get rid of Seymour, but RB and TE could be considered a strength on their team.

Wonder if Leinart could be part of a trade?
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Seymour, no thanks. Michael Huff and/or Chris Johnson? Sure, I could go for that if it doesn't cost too much. I just don't think we have much to give them in return beyond draft picks. They don't need WRs or pass catching TEs, so what do they actually need? Defensive players? Offensive linemen? Runningbacks?
I think Kubiak is more likely to sink or siwim at CB and get a DT/DE/LB in here.
Old 10-18-2010   #12
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Seymore. He's a decent guy, a good family and a good player.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #13
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Seymour has a one year deal with the raiders currently, he's not happy there, and we need a DT badly... It likely wouldn't cost us a lot since he's not locked into a multi year big deal..

As for who we trade who cares someone get someone on the block.. He's got at last 2-3 years left in him at least.
Old 10-18-2010   #14
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

We need an decent experienced CB more than anything.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #15
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
We are loaded up with CB draft picks, they will get better but we need someone to collapse our pocket, we have needed this since day 1. More pressure and a DT that knows how to get his hands up and EXPERIENCE on a super bowl team is a great thing to have.
Old 10-18-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Maybe, but I think they will look at LB more than anything. We started the game yesterday with 4 healthy LB's, and lost one of the best early. If Bentley, Sharpton or Adibi is not going to be healthy for our next game, they will have to bring in someone else. AJ Hawk maybe?
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #17
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Maybe, but I think they will look at LB more than anything. We started the game yesterday with 4 healthy LB's, and lost one of the best early. If Bentley, Sharpton or Adibi is not going to be healthy for our next game, they will have to bring in someone else. AJ Hawk maybe?
Rolando Mcclain
Old 10-18-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 123205 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Rolando Mcclain
Wouldn't that be great!? What would you give up? Our first?

I think it would take more than that...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

No thank you to any of that...

Pretty much can do without Huff, and that's giving up way too much for those other guys...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #20
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

No thanks to Seymour but you want to bring in Huff? LOL wtf are you smoking. Huff has been a bust.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read