Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2010   #1
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default pass intference call

did'nt we decline that penalty. i keep hearing how it cost them the game but aj caught the ball and we declined the penalty, right?

it could of been called offensive PI but how often is that called. it should of just been a no call. Peter King even commented on how that kept us in the game. even if it was called offensive, the way we were moving the ball we would of still went down and scored.

--- if someone wants to edit my title, they are more than welcome.
Old 10-18-2010   #2
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: pass intference call

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
did'nt we decline that penalty. i keep hearing how it cost them the game but aj caught the ball and we declined the penalty, right?

it could of been called offensive PI but how often is that called. it should of just been a no call. Peter King even commented on how that kept us in the game. even if it was called offensive, the way we were moving the ball we would of still went down and scored.

I think Keller had it called against him on two plays in a row yesterday, Shockey had it called on him yesterday, and then I saw it two or three other times in games yesterday. AJ clearly shoved Flowers out of the way as the ball was dropping in, one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Did it cost KC the game? At that point it very well could have, since it definitly got us where we needed to be with little time left on the clock.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 43270 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

You are correct. The penalty was declined...

And yes, it should have been a no call. That umpiring crew makes a few wtf? calls every game. They were also very bad at missing holding calls.
Old 10-18-2010   #4
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
I think Keller had it called against him on two plays in a row yesterday, Shockey had it called on him yesterday, and then I saw it two or three other times in games yesterday. AJ clearly shoved Flowers out of the way as the ball was dropping in, one of the worst calls I have ever seen. Did it cost KC the game? At that point it very well could have, since it definitly got us where we needed to be with little time left on the clock.
I was too busy breaking up a fight between a drunken chief's fan that told another fan to stfu right in their face about 1" from it.. Ughhh...
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

It probably should've been a no-call. But if there was going to be a penalty it should've been called offensive interference. I think AJ knew it too.
Old 10-18-2010   #6
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
From what I remember Flowers made some contact with AJ and then AJ took advantage of it to give him a little nudge with his forearm. I don't think either should have been called.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Flowers looked like he was doing his best dirk nowitzki impression out there.

Initiate contact, then when AJ motions back, flail your arms about and make like you just got steamrolled trying to get the attention of the ref.

Luckily, the NFL refs are smarter than the NBA ones and the right call was made. It could have gone either way, but their player initiated it and the flag was thrown for that, not the push off
Old 10-18-2010   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Boo hoo.

Count me as a fan who thinks Flowers shoved AJ first, and to top it off AJ didn't give Flowers as big of a shove as some of you are saying. If anything, he extending his forearm and used it as a "brace" so that Flowers could not move back into him. Not really a true "push," but just blocking him from coming back to AJ's body.

With all the holding calls the refs missed on the Chiefs o-line, I could care less. We had a Pass Intereference call on us that was very lame, as well, where our guy made contact right as the ball got there.

And Steve Tasker's Houston Hater ways was in full display yesterday. When Antonio Smith caught the Chiefs' LG twitching and caused a fals start on KC...Steve Tasker refused to admit that the LG did indeed FLINCH. Over and over, he kept showing the replay and then the very last time Tasker started stuttering because he realized that he was wrong. He couldn't finish his train of thought because his train derailed due to the evidence of the LG flinching.

From that point on, Tasker was crying about everything. The guy ranks up there with Paul MaGuire (also a former Bills player) who loves to hate Houston.
Old 10-18-2010   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

That "shove" that AJ gave was not blatant and was no more than incidental contact, much of which was goin on between the two players.

I ain't losin any sleep over this and neither is AJ. The refs screwed both teams on different valls throughout the game. What pisses me off is the Chief fans who act like the Texans played no part in the KC loss which is totally dishonest.
Old 10-18-2010   #10
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we get some video on it? The one angle I saw showed AJ giving flowers a little nudge to push him past the ball. I guess I missed the Flowers contact. But he should have gotten a 2nd penalty for jawin in that refs ear for 5 minutes after.

This might help.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...n-discuss-pass
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #11
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Watched the replay. Watch how fast Flowers claps at the flag he thought was against AJ. Now that is funny.

I guess they called Flowers for bumping AJ durring his route.

Also Flowers decided that he would stop playing defense and instead start yelling for a flag while the ball is still in the air. Listen young man. Worry about begging for a call after the play. Not durring!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It should've been a no call but we already got the yardage.
Old 10-18-2010   #13
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251670 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It may very well be just my imagination but I feel like I'm watching a presentation of the "National Yellow Flag League" this year. It just feels like they're calling more penalties than previously in almost every game I watch.

Like I said, I might be imagining it but it's the impression I have right now.
Old 10-18-2010   #14
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

I want to see some video of the coach yelling at Flowers after the call, all but pushing him back on the field to go yell at the ref some more.

The call was wrong, but that was pretty funny afterwards
Old 10-18-2010   #15
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Watched the replay. Watch how fast Flowers claps at the flag he thought was against AJ. Now that is funny.

I guess they called Flowers for bumping AJ durring his route.

Also Flowers decided that he would stop playing defense and instead start yelling for a flag while the ball is still in the air. Listen young man. Worry about begging for a call after the play. Not durring!
AJ gave a shrewd, subtle nudge to Flowers. It would have been a great no call. There was no extension of the arm, which is why the other guys got their flags. As I have said before, Flowers and the Chiefs got away with a few throughout the game, so he can zip it.
Old 10-18-2010   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Can we get some video on it? The one angle I saw showed AJ giving flowers a little nudge to push him past the ball. I guess I missed the Flowers contact. But he should have gotten a 2nd penalty for jawin in that refs ear for 5 minutes after.

This might help.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1...n-discuss-pass
Thanks for the link.

Flowers clearly put his shoulder into AJ's chest at 0:14 to slow him down or redirect him. You're not allowed to make contact with the receiver to change his route more than 5 yards downfield.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to comment on any of the calls. It sure seemed like the referees were running behind the whole game. I don't know. They looked rather old to be frank...
Old 10-18-2010   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 84240 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I was too busy breaking up a fight between a drunken chief's fan that told another fan to stfu right in their face about 1" from it.. Ughhh...
Yeah, that was messed up. That lady was just way out of hand.

I would still like to see a good replay of the "catch" right before the half.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #19
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131013 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post

You touch a receiver 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage as the corner CLEARLY did that's a penalty. Johnson did the same thing to homeboy that he did to him. There should have been offsetting penalties, but when you consider that neither guy really gave the other a Michael Irvin-esque hard shove I wouldn't have called interference on EITHER of them.
Besides, let us NOT forget that Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL and would have made that catch in double coverage. Even if there was no penalty or contact, Johnson would have still made that catch.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 153912 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

We have all seen that play before go either against the O, the D or as a no call. Houston finally gets one back.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read