Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2010   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pre Game yesterday

The ARMY stepped up to the late and dropped 6 guys into Reliant Yesterday, I was so impressed with the way this well oiled machine came into the stadium and the crowds support as they did. To jump from a plane and hit the roof of the stadium in time with the Game and TV and to land so smoothly. Makes me want to send out a huge Thank You to our armed forces and a hurry home to those that are abroad.
Old 10-18-2010   #2
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pre Game yesterday

The Marine drill team was also amazing. They're the guys who do the rifle twirling / throwing.
I'm glad that we have people who are very talented in numerous ways who choose to use those talents to protect our country.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #3
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 37888 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
The ARMY stepped up to the late and dropped 6 guys into Reliant Yesterday, I was so impressed with the way this well oiled machine came into the stadium and the crowds support as they did. To jump from a plane and hit the roof of the stadium in time with the Game and TV and to land so smoothly. Makes me want to send out a huge Thank You to our armed forces and a hurry home to those that are abroad.
Golden Knights

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
The Marine drill team was also amazing. They're the guys who do the rifle twirling / throwing.
I'm glad that we have people who are very talented in numerous ways who choose to use those talents to protect our country.
Silent Drill Team
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #4
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I had tears in my eyes because my dad was in the 101st airborne as a paratrooper in vietnam and to see the army's golden knights do what they did was awsome and to have my son see it and hear my wife tell him thats what his opa did was priceless. You can not place a value on that memory.

on a side note I was proud to see the fans reaction to President Bush , a man who has done so much for our country and a Texan fan from day 1. his health worries me, he is beggining to look frail.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year they had a guy sing "Proud to be an American and I almost broke down he was so passionate. It was an amazing performance.
Old 10-18-2010   #6
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Sure it was cool but the margin for error is too close for my comfort. I wish they wouldn't do this. Especially forcing a roof to stay open violating the 80/50 rule just for gimmicks.

What I really missed was the low flyby over the stadium. Last years helis were awesome!
Old 10-18-2010   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a very cool sight to see. My hat goes off to those guys, and all they do.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2010   #8
dbruder44
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 dbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Sure it was cool but the margin for error is too close for my comfort. I wish they wouldn't do this. Especially forcing a roof to stay open violating the 80/50 rule just for gimmicks.

What I really missed was the low flyby over the stadium. Last years helis were awesome!
It was below 80 at kickoff what is your point, its not our fault your tickets are in the sun
dbruder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #9
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Last year they had a guy sing "Proud to be an American and I almost broke down he was so passionate. It was an amazing performance.
Is it possible to hear this song and not break down? When sung well, theres not a dry eye in the house. Its amazing
Old 10-18-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbruder44 View Post
It was below 80 at kickoff what is your point, its not our fault your tickets are in the sun
Welcome to the boards but what's with the hostility?

It was 84 degrees at 10:42 am according to the temperature guage in my car. I sit in a fully shaded section.
Old 10-18-2010   #11
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree. A rule is a rule. I loved the the pre-game! It was amazing, and I would assume they have to plan that way in advance. BUT.....

We do sit in the sun, Section 119 is in the sun from 11:45 -3:30. It was 86 at noon and that makes it 103 stagnated degrees! You can fry eggs on the cement. Not to mention you can't even see the field due to the glare occuring, at least from where we sit. Bob McNair knows this. That is why they made the rule.

Point is, we come to the games to enjoy it and WATCH the game! On top of that, we spend WAY too much money for the Texan organization to get heat stroke trying to watch our guys play. Shouldn't happen, no matter what. Hence the roof AND the rule!

We left and found a seat that was not ours in the shade. So be it! Still not right!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post

I think they brought back the same guy this year. It was very chills inducing.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Here's a great video of many of the things that took place yesterday.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv-medi...7-c79f9686b5bc
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #14
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

As most of you know, I'm one of the biggest complainers when it comes to the open roof. BUT, anyone who wants to complain about it being open yesterday so we could HONOR our troops, you make me hang my head in shame, because I feel very sorry for anyone who cannot tolerate a little heat for our guys and gals who have suffered in the pits of HELL in Iraq and Afganistan. Military day is by far the BEST celebration day the Texans have! Watching that paratrooper desend with the Texan flag flying below the American flag just made me lose a few more tears!!

THANKS Ryan for posting the video!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read