Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2010   #1
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Rep Power: 86 Blazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Blazin' Toro
Default I am proud today...

to say that I did not give up on the Texans today, I had a gut feeling they could pull it off despite of how the defense played. For all of those who said that Schaub has "regressed" I think he proved you wrong in multiple occasions this season (including Washington and today at Reliant). I just don't understand how some of you could want a different quarterback for the team, when Schaub has a great arm, very good pocket presence, and has improved immensely since his start in Houston.

Another point I'd like to make is, sure, the Texans have a lot to go this year to contend for the playoffs, but did you ever think they'd be contending with Peyton and the Colts for first place? Did you guys forget about the beginning years for the team when last place in the division was called home? Did any of you think the Texans could break their average .500 record last year against Tom Brady and the Patriots? Look all I am trying to say is there are tons of organizations without Superbowls that have been around way longer than the Texans; including the Vikings, Titans and Eagles. We got a 4-2 record right now tied with Indianapolis who we killed the first game of the season. I could see why all the doubt and complaints towards the organization but I am personally going to take it game by game from now on and bask in our awesome win today.

As for the defense, hopefully something is changed and realized after the loss of DeMeco and Barwin. Hopefully, if our organization has a least bit smarts in them, they will go out and get a seasoned cornerback to set our young DB's in line.

With all my positivism in this thread, I feel one of the setbacks of the Texans is they barely go out and get many players for a year contract for the season's sake. I have said it before, why can't they sign Tye Hill? or 'Dre Bly? I am sure there are other corners out there as free agents that are well known for their leadership and talent, I am sick of seeing the Texans sign these sub par players that we've never heard of (except Derrick Ward, my favorite signing this year and he proves to be doing well)... go out and shock people and take a risk with a well known player.

That's all for now, hopefully I can boost some morale and let everyone know I"M A TEXAN for life (in NY) hahah.

Old 10-17-2010   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I am proud today...

the Demco injury changed everything

our CB are prob going to have to get better now with no Help from F/A

unless the DE we looked at like Deeny and Agualaa get better i think LB and DE are a bigger pressing need
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #3
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Rep Power: 86 Blazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazin' Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
the Demco injury changed everything

our CB are prob going to have to get better now with no Help from F/A

unless the DE we looked at like Deeny and Agualaa get better i think LB and DE are a bigger pressing need
How much cap room do we have? Why not trade for a CB and sign a LB? or vice versa? With a lockout next year, why not play for this season?
Old 10-17-2010   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 21402 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Trade a 1st and 2nd for Nmadi. Now! It's not like our 2nd round picks see the field anyway. They get injured instead (Meco, Barwin, Tate).
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #5
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

hopefully Barwin and Tate comeback next year Ballin out
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #6
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Didn't want to create another thread, so here goes, just created a tribute video to Mr. Andre Johnson and put it on YouTube. It includes the touchdown from today's game too, hope you guys enjoy.

Andre Johnson - #80 = #1
Old 10-18-2010   #7
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2317 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Dre day all day..awesome game. I am still pumped.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2010   #8
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin' Toro View Post
How much cap room do we have? Why not trade for a CB and sign a LB? or vice versa? With a lockout next year, why not play for this season?
I agree here. A lockout is looming, currently no cap. If there was ever a time to make a big move, this is it.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As for the defense, hopefully something is changed and realized after the loss of DeMeco and Barwin. Hopefully, if our organization has a least bit smarts in them, they will go out and get a seasoned cornerback to set our young DB's in line.
Hoping that our defense gets better? You must be blazin the good stuff! haha!

Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #10
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 62290 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't want to create another thread, so here goes, just created a tribute video to Mr. Andre Johnson and put it on YouTube. It includes the touchdown from today's game too, hope you guys enjoy.

Andre Johnson - #80 = #1
I have watched that play against Arizona many times, but I just noticed how when Andre throws his arms up celebrating, #29 (Rogers-Cromartie) takes an upper-cut and he kinda tries to confront Andre. THE BRICK WALL (aka Vonta Leach) goes toe to toe with Cromartie, and I seem to see a little yellow stain slowly forming down Cromartie's leg.
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #11
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollardized View Post
I have watched that play against Arizona many times, but I just noticed how when Andre throws his arms up celebrating, #29 (Rogers-Cromartie) takes an upper-cut and he kinda tries to confront Andre. THE BRICK WALL (aka Vonta Leach) goes toe to toe with Cromartie, and I seem to see a little yellow stain slowly forming down Cromartie's leg.
Hahaha, I noticed that too, it's so nice to see the Texans give out a bad-ass mentality to other players. Especially Leach and Pollard. Andre seizes to amaze me almost every game, my man crush on him has increased every year, and to know that he he doesn't talk shit like some ***** receivers makes it even better. Andre Johnson = my idol, my hero, my God.
Old 10-18-2010   #12
Blazin' Toro
The Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Hoping that our defense gets better? You must be blazin the good stuff! haha!

Hahah, how dare I think the defense gets better!? Why would I ever think the Texans could progress and make moves like a "big market" team and make bold moves other than picking up sup bar players? How dare I think the Texans offense could have been as good as it is now? How dare I think the Texans rushing game could be one of the top in the league, with Arian Foster being gameplanned against just to stop him cause he's so beast? Come on dudes, this team has come a long way in a rather short amount of time, the Texans will prevail, let's have some pride!
Old 10-18-2010   #13
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59149 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
IT's an uncapped year, you have all the cap you are willing to take on....

That is why the Jets went out and spent and traded their asses off....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #14
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59149 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I agree here. A lockout is looming, currently no cap. If there was ever a time to make a big move, this is it.
2 teams I call today, Washington and Oakland.

I trade a 6 and Slaton to Washington for Haynesworth

I trade 2011 #1 and #3 and maybe even 2012 #2 ( if needed) to Oakland for Aso.

They make these trades today, they are going deep into the playoffs....

You can put a band aid on the LB core for this year...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read