Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2010   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The W that felt like an L

-Demeco, first off-nothing but high hopes and well wishings to one of the fan favorites. Ok, so who or how to replace him now and possibly in the near future?

-The officials are killing me this year. Seriously. That's all I'm gonna say.

-Ward is the #2 RB. Slaton is....is....is.....trade bait. There's something about Ward's game that matches the Texans O real well, I don't know what it is...he's not fast, not a violent runner....just sets up blocks and chugs into whatever space there is. :shrugs: Whatever works.

-Owen, friggin, Daniels. He's the real #2 Receiver. Andre has been pulling the wagon by himself for 5 weeks, it was nice to see OD back and looking like the player we remembered. Breaking way open and getting YAC, moving the team down the field. Save Arian/Ward a little running in between the 20s fashow.

-Pass rush=practically absent. Ability to create turnovers=nada. Defensive cohesiveness=zilch. Faith I have left in this D=Gonzo. They're really, really bad. Now fearless leader (not to mention no worse than the 3rd best defensive player) is gone. This D might actually get worse.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The W that felt like an L

Get rdy for a rollercoaster ride this season i can just feel it

seriously our Playoff hopes will prob come down to the last play in wk17 4th Quarter or something ... :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

We're getting the wins that we missed out on last year. So far we've won 2 games out of 4 that we had no business winning
Old 10-17-2010   #4
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Could not agree more with the title of the thread. I have never been so un-pumped about a W than today.

Texans played like absolute shit whole game but somehow pulled it out.

I would give them the whole moral card of "hey what a way to stick with it guys" but they used that card in DC week 2.

Also, KC actually ISN'T that good and nothing short of them making the playoffs will convince me otherwise (see 2009 Broncos). Our D made their toilet QB look like the friggin second coming of Joe Montana. Pathetic.

Texans D = Fail

I'm not gonna snap my suspenders and act like all is well when it is clearly not. Tired of fruit assed sugar coating after crap games!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #5
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally, I think we got lucky. Its very rare to come out with a victory when you give up 228 yards rushing.

Also, KC exposed another huge weakness of our defense ~ Run D. Everybody's been jumping up and down about our poor Pass D., well, our Run D. sucks too.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16635 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

If we sweep the colts will yall feel any different ????

how about going 6-0 in our divison not likely but ya know a homer can dream
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #7
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
If we sweep the colts will yall feel any different ????

how about going 6-0 in our divison not likely but ya know a homer can dream
We could go 14-2 and if they didn't score on every drive and give up 0 yards on defense there would still be "The Sky is Falling" threads every week.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-18-2010   #8
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I don't care how the 'W' feels as long as they get the 'W'. Last year if they pulled one more win they would have been in the playoffs, so pulling out a win they had no business in winning is perfectly fine with me.

I'm not excusing the defense at all, but if they can somehow get it together these victories will mean a lot more come January.
JCTexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Personally, I think we got lucky. Its very rare to come out with a victory when you give up 228 yards rushing.

Also, KC exposed another huge weakness of our defense ~ Run D. Everybody's been jumping up and down about our poor Pass D., well, our Run D. sucks too.
Yep 21 points in the 4th quarter is all luck
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #10
Ghostform
Veteran

Rep Power: 7329 Ghostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respectedGhostform is a quality contributor and well respected

This win did leave more to be desired. The Offense didn't show up til the 2nd half and the defense was horrendous as usual. Sure we're 4-2 but so are the Colts and the Ten/Jac winner which means theres gonna be three 4-2 teams in our division. Some will say at least we are 1-0 in the division but last year we were 1-0 in the division by week 2 but look how that season turned out. Our Offense is gonna have to show up all 4 quarters if they want to keep up the winning after the bye with this defense.
Ghostform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Jesus H Christ!!! Some of you need pacifiers.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Jesus H Christ!!! Some of you need pacifiers.
Lol...Chris Carter says "C'MON MAN!"

What you saw looked like a playoff team right? What you saw looked like what we should have for all that talent right?

I got Kool-aid for sale and a bridge too......

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-18-2010   #13
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Get rdy for a rollercoaster ride this season i can just feel it

seriously our Playoff hopes will prob come down to the last play in wk17 4th Quarter or something ... :P

It will be decided WAY before week 17.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #14
dbruder44
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 dbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respecteddbruder44 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
It will be decided WAY before week 17.
Glad to see that you are still spouting your opinions as facts. Hoping your boys get rolled tonight. 130 posts and no rep, figures......
dbruder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #15
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbruder44 View Post
Glad to see that you are still spouting your opinions as facts. Hoping your boys get rolled tonight. 130 posts and no rep, figures......

Nice try, but it cant be fact. It isnt week 17. Its my opinion. Just like most things written on a public forum.

You and others like you always trying to tell other people what they are or what to write or feel. Grow up little man.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #16
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8759 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Honestly I don't care how the 'W' feels as long as they get the 'W'. Last year if they pulled one more win they would have been in the playoffs, so pulling out a win they had no business in winning is perfectly fine with me.

I'm not excusing the defense at all, but if they can somehow get it together these victories will mean a lot more come January.
This. Last year it was "I don't care if you play well, just win" This year its" Well, you won but you played like shit". It gets old. All W's look the same, all L's look the same. We have to get it together on D, but damn they made a stop when they had too. Kind of like the Colts D's, that get run on the whole game then make one stop and win. That's just who we are ATM. We need to go out and try to get a piece to fix our issues, but damn we are 4-2 at the bye week, with a W on the Colts, undefeated in the AFC, and getting our LT back. We are poised for a run. Just need to iron out a few kinks. We get our D to the 15-20 ish range and we're solid.
Old 10-18-2010   #17
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in Houston over the weekend and got to go to the game and all I can say is we had more points than the other team at the end of the game so it looked like a W to me. And I'll take it - I'm not proud and not about to complain about any win, any way we can get it.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #18
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
This. Last year it was "I don't care if you play well, just win" This year its" Well, you won but you played like shit". It gets old.
You're right. This siv like defense is getting effing old.

You really think if we played a good team we win yesterday playing like that (no, the Chiefs are not good......I'll call them good if they make the playoffs...as of now for all we know they are the 2009 Broncos. Hell, we let the Raiders back in the game when we played them.)

We play like that on MNF against Colts we win huh?

Think we win in December/January with crap like that??

Good luck man lol...

For me, personally, I'm done being satisfied with mediocrity and moral victories and a "w is a w" mentality. Guess some of us are in the minority of expecting more....

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-18-2010   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
We could go 14-2 and if they didn't score on every drive and give up 0 yards on defense there would still be "The Sky is Falling" threads every week.
And we could go 8-8 and even if they rarely scored until the 4th quarter of every game and gave up 400+ yards on defense every game there would still be "Everything is great and Kubiak has us on the right path" threads.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010   #20
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Thats obviously not true.

However it is obviously a thread about how bad our defense looked all game. All season.

How can you feel good about a team that give up yards to Cassel like he is Joe Montaneya? 20/29 for 201 yards and 3 TD's 0 INT.

Gave up 228 rushing yards.

Only 1 sack on the final hail mary play.

0 interceptions.

No pass rush. No effective blitzes dialed up. Where are the turnovers?

You can call this a "sky is falling thread" but our defense is playing really really bad and whatever it is needs to be fixed before our window closes. I dont expect our offense to be able to save our defenses asses each week. Especially when we face the Ravens, Jets, Eagles, Chargers and Titans defenses.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read