Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-17-2010   #1
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anthony Hill

Any news on him? I know he was the PUP list. Will he be able to come off the PUP list or will he be IRed?

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #2
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anthony Hill

Great thread. Totally forgot about this guy.

Looking forward to Hercules coming back and seeing what he can do to improve our already good run game with his supposedly potent blocking. Also, he looked beastly with the ball in his hand on one particular catch last year.

Hopefully he'll come back 100% ready to play and get some playing time in our deep TE group.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
Great thread. Totally forgot about this guy.

Looking forward to Hercules coming back and seeing what he can do to improve our already good run game with his supposedly potent blocking. Also, he looked beastly with the ball in his hand on one particular catch last year.

Hopefully he'll come back 100% ready to play and get some playing time in our deep TE group.
I can't see him coming in and getting playing time over the guys that have been there all year...

Only way I see that happening is if we trade OD.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #4
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I can't see him coming in and getting playing time over the guys that have been there all year...

Only way I see that happening is if we trade OD.
You're right.

From what I've noticed so far, we've been carrying three TEs every week during gamedays(However, Casey might be considered a FB?). Hill has to show the coach ALOT during the next two weeks to even have a chance of being activated against the Colts. I'll be pulling for him though.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
You're right.

From what I've noticed so far, we've been carrying three TEs every week during gamedays(However, Casey might be considered a FB?). Hill has to show the coach ALOT during the next two weeks to even have a chance of being activated against the Colts. I'll be pulling for him though.
After OD's heroics today and him seemingly getting back to his old form my comments may be viewed with a lot of negativity, but....

I would not mind packaging him for some defensive help and letting Dreesen and Casey take over and easing Grahm and/or Hill into the action.

If Hill were to get healthy, I think we'd be set at TE for a while..even without OD..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to see if the all TE defense will work , maybe he can cover someone ....

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read