Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-17-2010   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade for a Raiders CB!!

I'd sell next year's farm to get one of the Raiders' corners right about now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5695925

Quote:
The Oakland Raiders called around the league this week and let it be known that any of their players are available in a trade, according to league sources.

Raiders players that have drawn interest around the league since training camp began include linebacker Thomas Howard and cornerback Chris Johnson.

This is not the first time the Raiders have made exploratory calls of this variety, offering up any number of players on their roster.

The same thing happened at this time last year as well, just before the trade deadline, when the Raiders were willing to conduct a fire sale of their roster but then never made any moves.

The same could happen this year, but if the Raiders do not perform the way they hope Sunday versus San Francisco, the likelihood that the team makes a deal or two before Tuesday's trade deadline could increase.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #2
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade for a Raiders CB!!

hmmm...

Chris Johnson is a pretty good CB
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #3
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53531 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would also give up a ton to grab one of them.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #4
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't suppose Mr. Asomugha is on that list?
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
I don't suppose Mr. Asomugha is on that list?
Supposedly everyone is on the list.
Old 10-17-2010   #6
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3846 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

How about all of our draft picks next year for Seymour (DT), Asomugha (CB), C. Johnson (CB), and Huff (FS)? I would do it.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #7
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Supposedly everyone is on the list.
Offer next years 1st and a 2012 3d round for Asomugha... I truly believe that besides our secondary the Texans have very few holes...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2010   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
Offer next years 1st and a 2012 3d round for Asomugha... I truly believe that besides our secondary the Texans have very few holes...
Do it. Now.

Fly him in at half time.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #9
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Do it. Now.

Fly him in at half time.
"Hey there, Coach. Sorry I'm a little late, but the circumstances here are a little strange."

"You're fine. Here's the only play you need to know: Dwayne Bowe. Go out there and stop him."

"I'm still wearing a Raiders uniform."

"Just GO!"
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #10
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

This is some great news to wake up to . I highly doubt any of our top players will be traded (mainly Aso, McFadden, & Miller), unless a team offers something crazy...at least I hope thats the case. Man these next few days are going to be nerve-wracking.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

If Kubiak and Rick Smith want to save their jobs, they should seriously consider trading for a cornerback.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Frank bush would know what to do with them
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we also trade for a DC?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I'd sell next year's farm to get one of the Raiders' corners right about now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5695925
The Texans won't ever do that with Rick Smith as our GM. As badly as we need a guy like Nnamdi to turn this secondary around, we won't do it. We've had all kinds of chances to go after safeties that we really needed in free agency and we wouldn't even do that. We rolled the dice with a rookie and a 2nd year player going into this season at CB and Eugene Wilson at safety. SMith will go after another CB in the draft maybe, but there is no way he trades early picks like that and that's what it would take.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #15
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Texans won't ever do that with Rick Smith as our GM. As badly as we need a guy like Nnamdi to turn this secondary around, we won't do it. We've had all kinds of chances to go after safeties that we really needed in free agency and we wouldn't even do that. We rolled the dice with a rookie and a 2nd year player going into this season at CB and Eugene Wilson at safety. SMith will go after another CB in the draft maybe, but there is no way he trades early picks like that and that's what it would take.
If Bob McNair goes to Rick Smith and says, "you fix this defense NOW or you're fired", he would.
Old 10-17-2010   #16
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Can we also trade for a DC?
This one! ^
Old 10-17-2010   #17
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

The Texans have one of the youngest teams in the league, and we're pretty solid in most positions outside of the secondary. With no major contracts expiring this year and considering our youth, losing a couple of draft picks is NOT going to hurt us much long-term. PULL THE F-ING TRIGGER!!! Get ASO!!
Old 10-17-2010   #18
Dash
Rookie

Rep Power: 117 Dash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respectedDash is a quality contributor and well respected

Its becoming quite clear that we won't be solving our defensive problems via free agency and with DeMeco out for the season we need to make a move. McNair has dig into his pockets and has to be willing to let go of an asset (draft picks, etc) if we want to make an impact this year. Doubtful either happens.
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd rather trade for one of Denver's CB. Either Goodman or Bailey; they're older and would cost much less.

I'd rather have an impact DT that can pressure the QB though.
Old 10-17-2010   #20
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Its becoming quite clear that we won't be solving our defensive problems via free agency and with DeMeco out for the season we need to make a move. McNair has dig into his pockets and has to be willing to let go of an asset (draft picks, etc) if we want to make an impact this year. Doubtful either happens.

Pretty much. I'm guessing we'll here the "We gotta roll with our guys, we have faith in the guys we have here." mess.

Texans need a lot of help on defense on top of a DT, CB, and FS...now a LB. Raiders actually have a lot of talent on their defense, and some of these guys will be happy to come to a 4-2 team.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read