Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-15-2010   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default H-town Restaurants

Hey guys we are coming into H-town for the weekend and we are looking for some good inexpensive places to eat. We normally stay around reliant and eat at Pappas (which I like) but we would like to try other restaurants that arent too far from our hotel.

I like BBQ so I would love to hear if there are better bbq restaurants that are worth the drive (30 mins maybe 45)

Also, We both like seafood so if there is a good seafood restaurant/ cajun that you think we should vist let us know.

Basically we are looking for things we dont have in SA, so if you think there is a chain for us to check out that is good as well.

Thanks guys and I look forward to seeing yall on SUn.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #2
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 140315 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: H-town Restaurants

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
Hey guys we are coming into H-town for the weekend and we are looking for some good inexpensive places to eat. We normally stay around reliant and eat at Pappas (which I like) but we would like to try other restaurants that arent too far from our hotel.

I like BBQ so I would love to hear if there are better bbq restaurants that are worth the drive (30 mins maybe 45)

Also, We both like seafood so if there is a good seafood restaurant/ cajun that you think we should vist let us know.

Basically we are looking for things we dont have in SA, so if you think there is a chain for us to check out that is good as well.

Kozy Kitchen Barbeque. I-10 and Lockwood. They've been there since 1946 and make their own sauce. You're welcome.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #3
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 74627 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Barbeque Inn on Crosstimbers and Yale. Best fried shrimp around.
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #4
Craig.
Nosebleeds

Rep Power: 3280 Craig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respectedCraig. is a quality contributor and well respected

Luling City Market at 610 and Richmond
Craig. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #5
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Yo hoss...

Hit this site up... www.B4-u-eat.com

You can punch in the area you want and the cuisine you want. It'll have reviews.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.ragin-cajun.com/locations.htm Richmond location for the cajun food fix.
Old 10-15-2010   #7
Texan4Ever
Hall of Fame

Section: My couch
Rep Power: 17475 Texan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan4Ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out Urbanspoon.com for reviews. You can search by city and narrow results down to $$$ and type of cuisine.
Texan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-15-2010   #8
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Rudi's is by far the best BBQ to me, because you can order their "moist brisket" which is the very tender pieces near the fat so you're guaranteed to get the types of pieces that I like. They have those near SA and Austin though, so you might have been there. Everything else there is wonderful as well though.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010   #9
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

yeah we have rudis in sa (the original one) is in leon springs ...its ok but since the chain bought them ....meh

I think that we will try the bbq place dread mentioned and the rajin cajin for lunch and dinner today..thanks guys

We are driving around h-town today because my wife is looking for a bead emporium in harwin but she doesnt know the name...fun ( the things husbands have to do to go to games)

I appreciate the input yall , Ill let you know where we eat and how it turns out.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010   #10
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

There's all kinds of crap on harwin so watch out.

Rajin Cajun is overpriced and a wee bit overated. Driving in there is a place called Orleans at Westgreen & I-10. Westgreen is like 3 or 4 exits after you pass Bass Pro Shop in Katy when you are coming in. Its on the north side of the highway.

We tear it up over there. Great stuff very decent prices.
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010   #11
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post

Rajin Cajun is overpriced and a wee bit overated. Driving in there is a place called Orleans at Westgreen & I-10. Westgreen is like 3 or 4 exits after you pass Bass Pro Shop in Katy when you are coming in. Its on the north side of the highway.

I have heard fantastic things about Orleans. I guess I am going to have to try it out sometime.
Old 10-31-2010   #12
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollardized View Post
barbeque inn on crosstimbers and yale. Best fried shrimp around.
Best. Shrimp. Ever.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #13
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 304 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post

Hmmmm....I wasn't impressed when I went. It's been over a year ago. I guess I should try it again...
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post

So, where did you wind up going and what did you think of it?
Old 10-31-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
So, where did you wind up going and what did you think of it?
He wound up at Mickey D's! Spurstexanstros!
Old 10-31-2010   #16
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 55787 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
NO!!! spurstexanstros!!!
Old 10-31-2010   #17
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 74627 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah but he said it was the best damn Mickey D's he's ever had!!!!
Pollardized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #18
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 8095 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Niko Nikos in Montrose
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #19
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

thelma's in downtown
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Anyone know if Frank's Diner on Telephone is still open?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read