Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2010   #1
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Peter Schrager from Foxsports on Texans - Cheifs game

Just something I found just now...

"Kansas City at Houston: Through five weeks, no division is as wide open as the AFC South. All four teams — Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee — are tied for first (and last) with 3-2 records. Texans beginning to hit the panic button should relax. They’ll win on Sunday, Matt Schaub will light up that young Kansas City secondary and the Chiefs media bandwagon — packed to the brim with hangers-on just a week ago — will be all but empty by Monday. The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/A...nlocked-101210

I agree that I think we win, but after last week's crapfest I am not calling this thing a blow out.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #2
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peter Schrager from Foxsports on Texans - Cheifs game

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Just something I found just now...

"Kansas City at Houston: Through five weeks, no division is as wide open as the AFC South. All four teams — Houston, Indy, Jacksonville, and Tennessee — are tied for first (and last) with 3-2 records. Texans beginning to hit the panic button should relax. They’ll win on Sunday, Matt Schaub will light up that young Kansas City secondary and the Chiefs media bandwagon — packed to the brim with hangers-on just a week ago — will be all but empty by Monday. The Pick: Texans 31, Chiefs 13"

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/A...nlocked-101210

I agree that I think we win, but after last week's crapfest I am not calling this thing a blow out.

Unless, of course, Rosencopter gets traded to the Chefs.
Old 10-14-2010   #3
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

This defense holding a team to 13 points...? No freakin way. We may win, I'd give us an 80% chance, but it will be high scoring.
Old 10-14-2010   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Unless, of course, Rosencopter gets traded to the Chefs.
Hahaha! Good one.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
This defense holding a team to 13 points...? No freakin way. We may win, I'd give us an 80% chance, but it will be high scoring.
Texans hold Cheifs to 13 points for 45 minutes. Play prevent defense and give up another 13 in the 4th qtr. Texans win 31-26.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #6
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 59111 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Texans hold Cheifs to 13 points for 45 minutes. Play prevent defense and give up another 13 in the 4th qtr. Texans win 31-26.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 10-14-2010   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Chiefs will score on our defense. We've got injury bugs on our star players on offense, so expecting the Texans offense to come out full hilt is wrong, because it won't. Both teams will score more than 20 points, but I'm thinking the Texans will win.

But not before they fall behind and this board implodes before 3PM this Sunday. LOLz

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2010   #8
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
But not before they fall behind and this board implodes before 3PM this Sunday. LOLz
This place is ripe for an implosion. Civil insurrection. Discord. Ill will. Maliciousness. Brain eating zombies. You name it, it'll be here if we get behind.

And if we lose? Oh man.....
Old 10-14-2010   #9
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This place is ripe for an implosion. Civil insurrection. Discord. Ill will. Maliciousness. Brain eating zombies. You name it, it'll be here if we get behind.

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Old 10-14-2010   #10
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I think I'll just resort to wetting my pants.

Oh, and have a few more beers...
Old 10-14-2010   #11
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

"Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"
Man, Herv, I was hoping someone would pick up the football and run with it....

+rep

*dammit - can't get him - someone help me out*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I think I'll just resort to wetting my pants.

Oh, and have a few more beers...
Two words for you: seat covers

or maybe wear some Pollard Pads.
Old 10-14-2010   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans will beat the Chiefs. I feel good about it and I'm not just drinking koolaide. I honestly feel that the team is going to have a chip on it's shoulder after being embarrassed in front of the hometown crowd last weekend.

I do think the score will be a lot closer than 31-13, though.
Old 10-14-2010   #13
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Texans will beat the Chiefs. I feel good about it and I'm not just drinking koolaide. I honestly feel that the team is going to have a chip on it's shoulder after being embarrassed in front of the hometown crowd last weekend.

I do think the score will be a lot closer than 31-13, though.
I think the biggest reason we'll beat the Chiefs is that we simply provide a match-up problem for them. Our defensive weakness is their offensive weakness, our defensive strength is their offensive strength, and they have a weak passing defense. Further, they have been playing over their heads, the game is at Reliant (I know, I know, what does that mean these days), and, like you said, we have something to prove.

All bodes well for us and I imagine this will look a lot like the Raider game of '09.
Old 10-14-2010   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's burn the Chefs!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #15
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I honestly feel that the team is going to have a chip on it's shoulder after being embarrassed in front of the hometown crowd last weekend.
Totally agree. Unfortunately that is why the Texans frustrate me so damn much for being so predictable.

Win big game in DC
Lose possible momentum building game in crapassed fashion to dAllAs
Win bounceback game in OAK
Lose crapfest to NYG

so.....looks like we are due for a win, then the bye, then, unfortunately if this same pattern holds and based on previous Texans outings when we are all expecting big things...we get annihilated the following week on national TV.

Obviously I really, really hope that is not the case....but that is the track they are on right now so.........

I hope if the team wins this week (which I believe they will, but not in a blow out) the media doesn't start to annoint them again. They play better when everyone is crapping on them it seems like...

Old 10-14-2010   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Totally agree. Unfortunately that is why the Texans frustrate me so damn much for being so predictable.

Win big game in DC
Lose possible momentum building game in crapassed fashion to dAllAs
Win bounceback game in OAK
Lose crapfest to NYG

so.....looks like we are due for a win, then the bye, then, unfortunately if this same pattern holds and based on previous Texans outings when we are all expecting big things...we get annihilated the following week on national TV.

Obviously I really, really hope that is not the case....but that is the track they are on right now so.........

I hope if the team wins this week (which I believe they will, but not in a blow out) the media doesn't start to annoint them again. They play better when everyone is crapping on them it seems like...

I think we're going to see a major change in our defense Sunday. People are going to say it's because we were playing the Cheifs, & a sub-par Matt Cassell.

I watched the Giants game several times, & while we looked bad, I don't believe we looked as bad as it seemed. I went over the play-by-play and broke down the game, focusing on the second half. This is what I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Watch the game again. Or just go through the play-by-play. It is just wrong to say we haven't produced anything on Defense.

First, keep in mind there were only 6 defensive possesions where our offense did not go 3 & out. in those possesions, our defense gave up -3, 12, 6, 5, 12, & 14 yards (granted that last one was because they started taking a knee to end the game) and a field goal.

Also know that while we gave up 259 yards & 24 points in the first half, we only gave up 164 yards & 10 points in the second half (Granted they called off the dogs after the 2 minute warning).

Another nice Houston Texans defensive fact, is after the half, the Texans started on defense. That first defensive possession resulted in a forced punt. And forced INTs on the next two possessions.

With that forced punt (3 & out) our offense did nothing (as a matter of fact, Schaub fumbled the ball on the third snap into the half). With the forced INT, the offense did nothing. With the second forced INT they scored a TD, but it only took 2 plays (the defense put them on the 17 yard line)..... which led to our defense giving up the 70 yards and a field goal.

Our offense was then on the field for less than 2 minutes. Our defense holds on, giving up 12 yards & forces a punt.

Our offense goes 3 & out.... eat up all of 18 seconds...... our defense gives up 70 yards and a touchdown.

I'm not saying our defense is great. But if they had a little help from the offense, this would have been a very, very different game.
Old 10-14-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78568 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I think we're going to see a major change in our defense Sunday. People are going to say it's because we were playing the Cheifs, & a sub-par Matt Cassell.

I watched the Giants game several times, & while we looked bad, I don't believe we looked as bad as it seemed. I went over the play-by-play and broke down the game, focusing on the second half. This is what I found.
I like the premise. I don't see a blow out but sure would like to see one.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Old 10-15-2010   #19
GoChiefs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
they have a weak passing defense.
Ask Peyton Manning how weak it is.
GoChiefs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010   #20
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post
Ask Peyton Manning how weak it is.
You only allowed one offensive touchdown AT Indy.
Pretty weak.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read